Palin... will she gain some of the Hillary supporters?

pBills

As an Alaskan, I am writing to give all of you some information on Sarah Palin, Senator McCain's choice for VP. As an Alaska voter, I know more than most of you about her and, frankly, I am horrified that he picked her.

Her husband works in the oil fields of Prudhoe Bay and races snow mobiles. She is a life time member of the NRA and has worked tirelessly to allow indiscriminate hunting of wildlife in Alaska , particularly wolves and bears. She has spent millions of Alaska state dollars on aerial hunting of these predators from helicopters and airplanes, dollars that should have been spent, for example, on Alaska 's failing school system. We have the lowest rate of high school graduation in the country. Not all of you may think aerial predator hunting is so bad, but how anyone (other than Alaska wolf-haters, of which there are many, could think this use of funds is appropriate is beyond me. If you want to know more about the aerial hunting travesty, let me know and I will send some links to informative web sites.

She has been a strong supporter of increased use of fossil fuels, yet the McCain campaign has the nerve to say she has "green" policies. The only thing green about Sarah Palin is her lack of experience. She has consistently supported drilling in ANWR, use of coal-burning power plants (as I write this, a new coal plant is being built in her home town of Wasilla ), strip mining, and almost anything else that will unnecessarily exploit the diminishing resources of Alaska and destroy its environment.

Prior to her one year as governor of Alaska , she was mayor of Wasilla, a small town outside Anchorage.The average maximum education level of parents of junior high school kids in Wasilla is 10th grade. Unfortunately, I have to go to Wasilla every week to get groceries and other supplies, so I have continual contact with the people who put Palin in office in the first place. I know what I'm talking about.

These people don't have a concept of the world around them or of the serious issues facing the US . Furthermore, they don't care. So long as they can go out and hunt their moose every fall, kill wolves and bears and drive their snow mobiles and ATVs through every corner of the wilderness, they're happy. I wish I were exaggerating.

Sarah Palin is currently involved in a political corruption scandal. She fired an individual in law enforcement here because she didn't like how he treated one of her relatives during a divorce. The man's

performance and ability weren't considered; it was a totally personal firing and is currently under investigation. While the issue isn't close to the scandal of Ted Steven's corruption, it shows that Palin

isn't "squeaky clean" and causes me to think there may be more issues that could come to light. Clearly McCain doesn't care.

When you line Palin up with Biden, the comparison would be laughable if it weren't so serious. Sarah Palin knows nothing of economics (admittedly a weak area for McCain), or of international affairs,

knows nothing of national government, Social Security, unemployment, health care systems - you name it. The idea of her meeting with heads of foreign governments around the world truly frightens me.

In an increasingly dangerous world, with the economy in shambles in the US , Sarah Palin is uniquely UNqualified to be vice president. John McCain is not a young man. Should something happen to him such that the vice president had to step in, it would destroy our country and possibly the world to have someone as inexperienced and inappropriate as Sarah Palin. The choice of Palin is a cheap shot by McCain to try to get Hillary supporters to vote for him. when McCain introduced her today, Palin had the nerve to compare herself with Hillary and Geraldine Ferraro. Sarah Palin, you are no Hillary Clinton.

To those of you who, like me, supported Hillary and were upset that she did not get the nomination, please don't think that Sarah Palin is a worthy substitute. If you supported Hillary, regardless of what you

think the media and the Democratic party may have done to undermine her campaign, the person to support now is Obama, not Sarah Palin. To those of you who are independent or undecided, don't let the choice of Palin sway you in favor of McCain. Choosing her shows how unqualified McCain is to be president. To those of you who are conservative, I guess you have no choice for president. But please try to see how the poor choice of Palin tells us a great deal about McCain's judgment.

While the political posturing inherent in the choice of Palin is obvious, the more serious issue is the fact that the VP is, literally, a heartbeat away from the presidency. Sarah Palin is totally and unequivocally unqualified to be vice president, let alone president.

I know this is a lengthy and emotional email, but the stakes are high. I thought it might help for all of you, regardless of political affiliation, to know something about Palin from someone who has to

live with her administration in Alaska on a daily basis.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All anecdotal evidence that one person doesn't like Palin.

We'll see in a few weeks if it affected the race either way and by how much. If there is no sustainable change from pre-convention polls to post-convention polls, as is normal, Palin won't matter either way.

We'll see in a few weeks if it affected the race either way and by how much. If there is no sustainable change from pre-convention polls to post-convention polls, as is normal, Palin won't matter either way.

What do you think of that choice?

Looks like Palin had zero effect and Obama solidified his support with Clinton's voters.

I got through two paragraphs before I gave up. Another bash job filled with slanted adjectives and hyperbole. "indiscriminate" hunting? How did the author distinguish that from discriminate hunting? :unsure:

"Alaska wolf-haters" Gimmie a break. <_<

And oh goodness...imagine the Gov of Alaska supporting drilling for oil in her own state! God forbid she actually create some job there! :lol:

You know, the thing that gives me some comfort about this woman is that you guys can't really come up with anything beyond picking on children, posting obviously fake photos, and whatever b.s. liberal blog this tripe came from.

p.s. are you really an Alaskan or did you just not name the source? If so, we really need to have Darin weigh in here.

I got through two paragraphs before I gave up. Another bash job filled with slanted adjectives and hyperbole. "indiscriminate" hunting? How did the author distinguish that from discriminate hunting? :unsure:

And oh goodness...imagine the Gov of Alaska supporting drilling for oil in her own state! God forbid she actually create some job there! :lol:

You know, the thing that gives me some comfort about this woman is that you guys can't really come up with anything beyond picking on children, posting obviously fake photos, and whatever b.s. liberal blog this tripe came from.

I'm still waiting for your response. Here, I'll repeat the question (again)-

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"? Why should a 19 month governor of a idiosyncratic state with a population of only 600K become next in line to be POTUS? Name one thing she did that was exceptional. Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "What am Obama be doing that am be exceptional"?

(((Sigh)))...probably comes from the same person generating the "Obama is a Muslim" e-mails. And I say this because the person supposedly writing this was a Hillary supporter.

Sarah Palin is NOT the female Dan Quayle. And she will prove that tonight.

p.s. are you really an Alaskan or did you just not name the source? If so, we really need to have Darin weigh in here.

Simply stated, the letter came to me. I am not an Alaskan and did not name the author of the letter.

Gives me some comfort that woman has no experience that would make her a viable candidate for the VP position and god forbid if McCain wins and something happens to his health, President. Her stance on Anti-Abortion, no foreign-affairs experience, very limited economic experience. Yup, she's great.

I just love how the media is STILL trying to figure her out. Laughable.

What do you think of that choice?

I think it makes some sense, (she hasn't worked in Washington, she's a female, she's a staunch conservative), but I think the McCain camp underestimated the amount of negative attention Palin's issues would bring to them.

The smart move, IMO, is to always pick the vice presidential candidate who isn't going to endanger any of your target demographics. I think McCain might have overestimated the draw that a VP candidate has on voters, and as a result figured the positives would outweigh the negatives.

I think it makes some sense, (she hasn't worked in Washington, she's a female, she's a staunch conservative), but I think the McCain camp underestimated the amount of negative attention Palin's issues would bring to them.

The smart move, IMO, is to always pick the vice presidential candidate who isn't going to endanger any of your target demographics. I think McCain might have overestimated the draw that a VP candidate has on voters, and as a result figured the positives would outweigh the negatives.

True. Has not worked in Washington. However very limited experience. Yes, conservative - however that can pull some of those middle of the road republicans on the fence to the left. Not wanting to follow the evangelical base. I do agree with you about McCain underestimating her negative side.

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"? Why should a 19 month governor of a idiosyncratic state with a population of only 600K become next in line to be POTUS? Name one thing she did that was exceptional.

Sorry, I generally stop responding to spamming retards when they multiply. Go post another link to something you don't understand.

I don't know what a "commander and chief" is so I'll leave that aside, but if you can't understand that being a governor, mayor and Chair or the AOGCC = executive experience, you are even dumber than I thought. I don't know what she's done that's exceptional because I don't follow Alaskan politics nor do I have the time or inclination to research her background in detail. Of course, neither do you because you haven't actually taken the time to learn anything about her, but that hasn't stopped you from spamming your usual diatribe of ignorance. But since 19 months and 700k people (you're even too dumb to get the population number right) doesn't qualify for 'executive experience' maybe you can clarify exactly what the thresholds are that makes a governor qualified for VP. And if you are so concerned with population count and its impact on politicians, why are you supporting a guy from Delaware?

Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "What am Obama be doing that am be exceptional"?

First, how blindingly stupid does someone need to be to post "don't bother responding" and then chase me around the board posting this same idiocy four times? <_<:unsure:

Second, wow...great command of the English language there. Not surprising though, your writing skills are a match for your ability to think.

And finally, don't fret, I'll be sure to not criticize the Messiah since that is off limits! And also since you have no rebuttal for the fact that his executive experience is at least 19 months less than Palin's. And the fact that he's at the top of the ticket and she's not.

Cue hysterical, foaming-at-the-mouth, response in the next 30 seconds....

Sorry, I generally stop responding to spamming retards when they multiply. Go post another link to something you don't understand.

I don't know what a "commander and chief" is so I'll leave that aside, but if you can't understand that being a governor, mayor and Chair or the AOGCC = executive experience, you are even dumber than I thought. I don't know what she's done that's exceptional because I don't follow Alaskan politics nor do I have the time or inclination to research her background in detail. Of course, neither do you because you haven't actually taken the time to learn anything about her, but that hasn't stopped you from spamming your usual diatribe of ignorance. But since 19 months and 700k people (you're even too dumb to get the population number right) doesn't qualify for 'executive experience' maybe you can clarify exactly what the thresholds are that makes a governor qualified for VP. And if you are so concerned with population count and its impact on politicians, why are you supporting a guy from Delaware?

First, how blindingly stupid does someone need to be to post "don't bother responding" and then chase me around the board posting this same idiocy four times? <_<:unsure:

Second, wow...great command of the English language there. Not surprising though, your writing skills are a match for your ability to think.

And finally, don't fret, I'll be sure to not criticize the Messiah since that is off limits! And also since you have no rebuttal for the fact that his executive experience is at least 19 months less than Palin's. And the fact that he's at the top of the ticket and she's not.

Funny response to a simple question. I guess a little over a year's worth of time in the governor's office gives her the experience needed. Damn, I forgot those two terms as a mayor of a town of 8,000 people. Might as well choose the mayor of Niagara Falls to be Vice President. May I answer about Biden, the man from Delaware? I like that choice for VP because he has been the chairman of some powerful committees in Congress and he is a huge friend of Labor/Unions. Thanks!!

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"? Why should a 19 month governor of a idiosyncratic state with a population of only 600K become next in line to be POTUS? Name one thing she did that was exceptional. Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "What am Obama be doing that am be exceptional"?

Why not? It is the elephant in the room.

She has had to make executive decisions on a daily basis, and take responsibility. Outside of running their campaigns, neither of the democratic candidates have ever had this experience. 'The Buck Stops Here,' even if only a very small bill, is not something that can be said about their work history's.

WOW!!! I can't belive you provided absolutely ZERO specifics about Palin's "executive experience" other than the fact that she held the offices of mayor and governor! Shocking!

Simply stated, the letter came to me. I am not an Alaskan and did not name the author of the letter.

Gives me some comfort that woman has no experience that would make her a viable candidate for the VP position and god forbid if McCain wins and something happens to his health, President. Her stance on Anti-Abortion, no foreign-affairs experience, very limited economic experience. Yup, she's great.

I just love how the media is STILL trying to figure her out. Laughable.

Too bad, I'd have enjoyed the debate. <_<

Go ahead and keep ignoring the fact that she actually does have relevant experience. Underestimating your opponents has worked wonders for the Dems in the last two presidential elections. As to your issues:

Abortion -- who honesty gives a rat's ass? The POTUS doesn't rule on abortion. Dems will have solid control of the Senate so they can block any 'radical right wingers' from appointment to the SC. Anyone who would list this among the ten more important issues in the country is a radical nutjob....be it on the right or left.

Foreign affairs experience -- so on a scale of 1 to 10, she's a 1 and Obama's a 3. Huge difference there.

Economic experience -- Very limited? Says who? You can keep pretending that being Gov of a small state doesn't count, but her experience on economic matters certainly exceeds Obama's. What executive role has he ever had in a major budget process?

You know, you'd have a point if she was actually running for POTUS, but she's not. Nothing's going to happen to McCain. If he had major health issues he wouldn't be running. And any POTUS has a team of doctors keeping a very close eye on his health.

And yes, the media is laughable. No wonder retards like JK think they know things by following the MSM.

WOW!!! I can't belive you provided absolutely ZERO specifics about Palin's "executive experience" other than the fact that she held the offices of mayor and governor! Shocking!

I assume can google as well as I, so you know as mayor she reduced property taxes 40%; secured $27 million in earmarked funds (not bad for a city of 9,000); raised sales taxes to buid an ice rink and sorts complex; and reduced the mayors salary. During this time she also was elected president of the Alaska Council of Mayors.

As governor led a campaign on clean government, rescinding the late-hour appointments of her (corrupt R- ) predecessor; sold off the executive jet he had purchased; raised taxes on the oil companies; pushed through the development of a new Canadian oil pipeline from Alaska to the lower 48; and is currenly pushing a $1,200 rebate to each Alaskan fom the oil windfall.

Funny response to a simple question. I guess a little over a year's worth of time in the governor's office gives her the experience needed. Damn, I forgot those two terms as a mayor of a town of 8,000 people. Might as well choose the mayor of Niagara Falls to be Vice President. May I answer about Biden, the man from Delaware? I like that choice for VP because he has been the chairman of some powerful committees in Congress and he is a huge friend of Labor/Unions. Thanks!!

So what's your point? What was the simple question? I don't need to defend Sarah Palin, you guys are the ones all worked up about her based on nothing but your opinion that her state isn't big enough, and you are not interested in forming an opinion about her based on anything other than smear campaigns. So why would I spend time researching specific accomplishments of a politician thousands of miles away from where I live for the benefit of a moron like JK who's not really interested anyway?

Maybe you guys need a link to her Wikipedia page?

Wow, 15 minutes...you're slipping. But, at least you posted absolutely nothing of value and included some random link, so that's in keeping with every other post you've made here. Good job! :unsure:

I assume can google as well as I, so you know as mayor she reduced property taxes 40%; secured $27 million in earmarked funds (not bad for a city of 9,000); raised sales taxes to buid an ice rink and sorts complex; and reduced the mayors salary. During this time she also was elected president of the Alaska Council of Mayors.

As governor led a campaign on clean government, rescinding the late-hour appointments of her (corrupt R- ) predecessor; sold off the executive jet he had purchased; raised taxes on the oil companies; pushed through the development of a new Canadian oil pipeline from Alaska to the lower 48; and is currenly pushing a $1,200 rebate to each Alaskan fom the oil windfall.

Sorry, none of that counts because she's in the NRA/daughter's pregnant/19 months/Alaska/ANWR/pandering. <_<

Careful with this line of reasoning, Mr. Obama supporter.

Too bad, I'd have enjoyed the debate. :lol:

Go ahead and keep ignoring the fact that she actually does have relevant experience. Underestimating your opponents has worked wonders for the Dems in the last two presidential elections. As to your issues:

Abortion -- who honesty gives a rat's ass? The POTUS doesn't rule on abortion. Dems will have solid control of the Senate so they can block any 'radical right wingers' from appointment to the SC. Anyone who would list this among the ten more important issues in the country is a radical nutjob....be it on the right or left.

Foreign affairs experience -- so on a scale of 1 to 10, she's a 1 and Obama's a 3. Huge difference there.

Economic experience -- Very limited? Says who? You can keep pretending that being Gov of a small state doesn't count, but her experience on economic matters certainly exceeds Obama's. What executive role has he ever had in a major budget process?

You know, you'd have a point if she was actually running for POTUS, but she's not. Nothing's going to happen to McCain. If he had major health issues he wouldn't be running. And any POTUS has a team of doctors keeping a very close eye on his health.

And yes, the media is laughable. No wonder retards like JK think they know things by following the MSM.

Relevant experience. Glad to know that you believe someone that has very little executive office experience, virtually no foreign affairs experience, etc., etc., etc. is a great candidate. <_<

Abortion who gives a rats ass? Really ask a woman if they have stance on Abortion? Huge issue especially since McCain has come out several times stating that he was elected president he would roll back roe v. wade. Scary thought to many women.

Foreign Affairs. You give her a 1. I give her -1. Biden makes up from what Obama lacks in that department. Biden receives about a 99.

Nostradamus seeing into the future health of a 73 year old man who has had health issues in the past. Ok. :unsure:

Most women who supported Hillary did not not simply because she was a woman but because they agreed with her position on issues. To think they're gonna switch to the Repigs simply because they have a female on the ticket is insulting. Typical of Repig arrogance to make the assumption that would happen.