Don't agree with everything he says, but decent read

Beerball

Well, let's see...Yes, we should know pretty quick this season, probably around 6 or 7 games, if he will be a good fit in Turk's offense. I didn't say to give up on him if he struggles! But if he's going to be a good QB in this league, he will show signs early on. That all went along with my rookie comment about the original article. But of course you omitted that part to better fit your argument. I can see why so many people bash you on this board, very confrontational and pretty much come across as an a$$. Sorry man...I am rooting for Trent and hope he proves to be a good QB for a very long time, but I am done with JP...GO BILLS!!!

Look, I am sorry. I mis-read your post. :thumbsup:

Seriously......sorry man.

Holy all inclusive Batman!!!

You want consistency every week from Trent (but no controversy) after 9 starts. If he falters, what do we do? Put in JP, who was inconsistent for 4 years? Ya think? :wallbash:

Gotcha. :angry:

Reread my original post i want edwards to play all year. JP is the backup. I want Trent to prove that he is capable of leading the team. i honestly havent seen it thats my opinion but if you wanna make it about JP go ahead but im talking about the holy one

(this post is about Trent Edwards)

one more time in case you couldnt read it before

TRENT EDWARDS IS THE STARTER

Got it Bill?

Reread my original post i want edwards to play all year. JP is the backup. I want Trent to prove that he is capable of leading the team. i honestly havent seen it thats my opinion but if you wanna make it about JP go ahead but im talking about the holy one

Got it Bill?

Don't you understand that every post about Edwards is REALLY about Losman?

Adding James Hardy should help the red zone woes but don’t expect the Bills to make a huge jump in the rankings there. They lack a short-yardage back, though rookie Xavier Omon might fill that role, and they don’t have a change-of-pace back who can threaten defenses as a receiver. Lynch has nice hands but the Bills rarely used him in that capacity. Both Evans and Reed struggle to get open on the shrunken field, because the threat of getting beat deep is eliminated. JP Losman provided some threat to run from the QB position, but he starts 2008 on the bench.

-------------------

Thus guy doesn't mention Fred Jackson at all. I think we all know that he's getting some touches and receptions this season.

Bah. Everyone on this board knows way more about the Bills than that guy does. Not worth reading at all.

:angry:

But Rich, do you read this stuff? The guy is supposed to be Roger Staubach consistent after 9 starts. He has to bring it "every week." :lol:

You are right mind you but Jeez!!! :wallbash:

Too true. I can't wait for the put JP back in guys everytime Edwards has a bad game. :worthy:

Got it Bill?

Sure....got it. All I am trying to say is that no qb, not Montana, none of them are consistent week after week. Trent shows me a ton (jmo) but with nine starts and other problems, a few poor games wouldn't shock me.

Sure....got it. All I am trying to say is that no qb, not Montana, none of them are consistent week after week. Trent shows me a ton (jmo) but with nine starts and other problems, a few poor games wouldn't shock me.

Me either but this team cant afford it thats all i was trying to say. You gotta stop hijacking every not blowing edwards post and saying well JP sucks. ( we got it) On this message board im gonna say my opinion and i might not always be praising your boy, im not sold on him yet and quite frankly i dont think there is anything wrong with that.

All this ok with you?

I agree but just wait until his first bad game. The headhunters will be out in droves on this board. :angry:

Your argument hinges on the last four games of the season. Don't forget that two of those games were played in some of the worst weather in Buffalo football history. Trent's stats from those two games were horrible, as were the stats from the other teams' QBs. Fairchild's play calling hurt Edwards in those two games: there were timing routes when receivers were slipping/going slower in the snow.

Edwards had nine starts last year, two of which were those games. Take away those two games, and his stats look a bit better than Losman's. That's not bad for a rookie, and I expect him to improve in his second year.

Wait a second... are you saying we should throw out 2 games in horrific conditions and compare like conditions with both athletes? What kind of sense are you talking? Reason isn't allowed here.

Well, let's see....Trent hs 9 statrs, but we should know "pretty quick" if he is going to make it in this league. OK.

JP has 4 years of mostly futility. Based on the above, is JP going to make it in this league? When will we know?

I don't get the logic here. You are willing to "toss-out" Trent's poor games last year, and qualify that the other ones were hampered by Fairchild's lame schemes. Yet Losman had Clements/Mularkey and then Fairchild, little in the way of receiving threats, a poor O-line for most of his time in Buffalo, and yet it's his fault that the offense was futile and/or he was bringing an otherwise stellar offense down?

If anything, the Indy pre-season game, one which featured the same offensive players as last year (that is, Hardy was out), except with Walker protecting his blindside and Chambers protecting his, um, seeing-side, should have told you all you need to know about the main source of the futility: Fairchild. Yet even still, with Fairchild, JP was able to put together a pretty decent 2006 season.

But this team is Trent's, for better or worse. JP is in the last year of his contract, and even if he lights-it-up, there's no way he's re-signing with the Bills. So we'll have to rely on Trent improving on his play from last year. Which he needs to do, no excuses.

If anything, the Indy pre-season game, one which featured the same offensive players as last year (that is, Hardy was out), except with Walker protecting his blindside and Chambers protecting his, um, seeing-side, should have told you all you need to know about the main source of the futility: Fairchild. Yet even still, with Fairchild, JP was able to put together a pretty decent 2006 season.

The positive thing about Losman is that he has all the physical tools one could possibly hope for: a really good arm and good mobility. The knock on him is that he processes information too slowly, which is the kiss of death as far as a quarterback's starting hopes are concerned. One would expect that flaw to be less obvious in the preseason (a vanilla offense going against a vanilla defense) than in the regular season.

The fact is that TE is the QB for the team and they will have to put up with his struggles throughout the year and keep him in all the time. The only way a QB learns is to keep playing. Putting the bad plays and bad games behind them is one of the most important things any player needs to learn.

Marv Levy said that Bill Walsh told him that the biggest mistake he ever made was to pull Joe Montana when he was struggling early in his career. He said it absolutely destroyed his confidence. Like it or not TE is going to struggle and as fans we need to support him and not get on his kiester every time he struggles. Hopefully the start of his learning curve will be high enough to get Buffalo into the playoffs.