Biggest matchup in game 1?

Beerball

Ah, yes. I'm a negative tool that doesn't have anything good to say because I'm worried about the NFL leader in sacks going against our 3rd string tackle. Gosh, I really should be more optimistic. I mean, Chambers looked decent this preseason, only had to pick his jock off the turf a few times, and I guess Kerney is a year older, right? Yeah... on second thought, I think Chambers will be able to handle Kerney one on one, and Marshawn will show a transformation and will all of a sudden be able to pick up the blitz. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean exactly like Lynch did against against the Steelers? I will spot you Chambers, but nothing accounts for Edwards' ability to get rid of the ball. And, nothing accounts for our WRs getting open quickly, which they are certain to do against their DBs. If the ball is out in 2-3 seconds, no pass rusher in the league matters.

And, somehow I don't feel that scared about a guy who led the league in sacks but who also plays in a candy-ass division, in a candy-ass conference. Kerney got 9 of his 14.5 sacks against his own sorry division. Only 1 against an AFC team = Baltimore. And only 4 sacks total on the road. Read it here

So, it looks like the Seattle fans are on target now, doesn't it?

You mean exactly like Lynch did against against the Steelers? I will spot you Chambers, but nothing accounts for Edwards' ability to get rid of the ball. And, nothing accounts for our WRs getting open quickly, which they are certain to do against their DBs. If the ball is out in 2-3 seconds, no pass rusher in the league matters.

And, somehow I don't feel that scared about a guy who led the league in sacks but who also plays in a candy-ass division, in a candy-ass conference. Kerney got 9 of his 14.5 sacks against his own sorry division. Only 1 against an AFC team = Baltimore. And only 4 sacks total on the road. Read it here

So, it looks like the Seattle fans are on target now, doesn't it?

So you said I'm right about Chambers, but then you're not worried about Kerney. Contradict yourself much? :thumbsup:

So you said I'm right about Chambers, but then you're not worried about Kerney. Contradict yourself much? :thumbsup:

Read the stats and weep, buddy. I would spot you Chambers as a concern against any team in the league. He's a new starter. That's what we do with every new starter, in general.

But I'm still waiting for you to tell me why a guy who sacks the Rams/49ers/Cards 9 times is suddenly "awesome". What would Schobel do to them? He'd probably set a single season record. Kerney didn't get a sack on a team with a winning record last year, except that other NFC powerhouse, Tampa Bay. Is he unlucky? Or are his stats padded by playing in a crap division/conference?

Read the stats and weep, buddy. I would spot you Chambers as a concern against any team in the league. He's a new starter. That's what we do with every new starter, in general.

But I'm still waiting for you to tell me why a guy who sacks the Rams/49ers/Cards 9 times is suddenly "awesome". What would Schobel do to them? He'd probably set a single season record. Kerney didn't get a sack on a team with a winning record last year, except that other NFC powerhouse, Tampa Bay. Is he unlucky? Or are his stats padded by playing in a crap division/conference?

Kerney matters because HE'S GOING UP AGAINST CHAMBERS. Why don't you understand that? Is your argument valid against a normal AFC tackle? Yes. But I'm telling you I'm concerned because ITS KIRK CHAMBERS.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue with you. You aren't concerned about Seattle's pass rush because "they didn't pass rush well on the road last season" and you know this because "their fans told you so." Give it a rest, man. I don't expect Kerney to be THAT much of a factor because we will have to put a TE or RB to help out on almost every key passing situation, but their defense as a whole is very, very good.

You say that Kerney beats up on bad teams with bad tackles, and he is only a dominant force against THEM. Well, what do you think Chambers is, an all-pro? So since Kerney gets a million sacks against bad right tackles, I guess you should be worried because that's exactly what Chambers is. I guess he will be a force then. Thanks for doing the work and proving my own point.

chambers isn't as bad as people say he is. just like walker isn't and peters prolly isn't as good as we make him out to be. the guards they play beside (who on our team are pretty friggen good imo) and the qb/rb the block for make a diff, and marshawn is a bull and trent has a quick release.

we'll have good pass protection and win the game.