Palin Has 2 Weeks

BillsNYC

haha...I can't even quote one of you liberals, you all make me laugh, especially with 4 rusty nails in the system (check out drink.) Let's just be honest here, and take probable "scandals" by "exciting" new candidate. This was originally a post in the Palin vetting thread, but think its a bigger point than that.

Palin

17 year old pregnant, keeping baby and marrying hockey dad despite abstinance mom

Troopergate

Failed car wash business

For Bridge before killing it

Husband DUI when he was 22

Having 5 kids and wanting VP (this is a scandal according to CNN, don't look at me)

Smoked pot "but didn't like it"...pff, who doesn't like it?

Fishing in the wrong place (I guess?)

Obama

Launched political career and was on a board (and friends) with domestic terrorist (to be fair, was acquitted due to illegal prosecution, but admitted to crimes so we can safely call him what he is)

Member of controversial church for 20 years, married by and had kids baptized by Rev Wright who preached US deserved 9-11, some other crazy stuff, black value system, Buddy Father Pflegan (sp?)

Used coke and other illegal drugs, rumors of dealing (hey, i say college stuff is off limits, we've been there with some of that stuff right?)

"That's why they cling to their bibles, their guns, antipathy..." you know the speech

Wife called USA a bitter country...and the proud comment.

Bought cheap property next to buddy Rezco, convicted felon

He's a muslim.... born in Kenya (hey...10% of america still thinks this)

So....ignoring policy talk....let's say both candidates were vetted and all scandals came out within a 48 hour period knowing Obama was Presidential Candidate, Palin a VP. In a fair/balanced media. Do you really think Palin would be getting such bad press as opposed to Obama?

Let's call a pig a pig...Obama has gotten off easy with his background, and what little of the scandals (Wright) has been discussed by the MSM, resulted in him barely winning the nomination and crawling across the Dem finish line. Many think he wouldn't be the nominee if all this came out and was vetted properly. Obama, not Palin, was vetted poorly.

If this is all the "major" dirt the liberals can dig up on Palin, then they better heed the thoughts of Rove, Morris, and Newt. Liberals are terrified that Palin represents what they know will hurt them badly, and they are terrified and throwing everything they have at her (taking shots at her 17 year old daughter and son with DS, c'mon) knowing she could cost Obama the election.

I guess we'll have to give her 2 weeks to stand up for herself, then we'll see. Sinking to attacking her daughter and infant son though....If she overcomes this it really could backfire...

Go Bills!

If McCain or Palin said "ordinary white woman" or was involved with his church they would de facto be anathema to the media. Obama is really getting a pass on issues he was much worse in comparison and he's the one running for office, not Palin. Now with the talk that Palin has no experience it is funny considering the Presidency is an executive office and has more office as an executor than McCain, Biden, and Obama combined (unless you think uniting food stamps in Chicago is an executive move).

Still, if Palin went to a church where her pastor said that white people are trampled on by blacks who spread AIDS to white women does anyone really think that Palin could just say "religion is a private matter" and 98% of the media would just lay back and say "Yeah, it is... (how dreamy...)"

Facts are Repubs are held to a much higher standard than Dems by the media. The media does shape most people's opinions sadly. The reality is Palin and Obama are both woefully inexperienced for their positions, with the difference is one will be a decision maker, the other will just be watching and learning. Neither of the major candidates have shown they are truly electable.

Hey, I like Jesse Ventura's idea of "none of the above".