Is Palin more qualified to be VP than Obama is to be Pres.

Heck uv a talking point by the GOP, smart, got to admire, but I think it leaves a grand opening for Obama with Biden as his spokesman to question McCain's decision making in giving up on Lieberman and his vetting process.

But it does put the Obama camp on the defensive. The key then will how will OBama's campaign pivots and fires back.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck uv a talking point by the GOP, smart, got to admire, but I think it leaves a grand opening for Obama with Biden as his spokesman to question McCain's decision making in giving up on Lieberman and his vetting process.

But it does put the Obama camp on the defensive. The key then will how will OBama's campaign pivots and fires back.

Nothing more pathetic than "clinging" to relevant information. :beer:

I think we're still waiting for the left-wing brain trust here to articulate Obama's experience on anything.

Can you tell me anything about Sarah Palin's "executive experience" or "commander and chief experience"? Why should a 19 month governor of a idiosyncratic state with a population of only 600K become next in line to be POTUS? Name one thing she did that was exceptional. Don't bother responding if you're just going to say "What am Obama be doing that am be exceptional"?

Nothing more pathetic than "clinging" to relevant information. :beer:

I think we're still waiting for the left-wing brain trust here to articulate Obama's experience on anything.

I wouldn't go that far, but I agree Obama has left the question unanswered in some ways. He articulates it in his speeches, but his campaign folks are not out there touting it, tocugh to do against McCain and his lengthy record.

But the comparison to Palin is insulting. Good tactic, but insulting. First off, Obama has been traveled the world with his family, was a community organizer, a lawyer, a State Senator and a US Senator for among other things. With the little I know about the man, I could make the case. But the point is this election is not about him and her, it is about Obama and McCain.

So this is strategy is both brilliant and disgusting at the same time. Biden needs to react... maybe it should be about McCain's temperment, not sure, but it has to be about putting him back on the defensive and probably not about Palin herself.

Fact is, McCain panicked. I doubt few people would argue that Palin is among the Top 5 or even Top 10 best choices for VP. For a guy who claims to put "Country First" a strong argument can be made McCain failed his own test.

I actually would have been impressed had he selected Meg Whitman or Carly Fiorina. By making this Palin pick McCain is giving the American public no credit whatsoever! "She's new! She's pretty! She has a baby! She eats mooseburgers!" I'm sure the "The Maverick" deep down wanted Ridge or Lieberman but didn't have the balls to take on his jesus freak overlords. What a "leader of men"!

I actually would have been impressed had he selected Meg Whitman or Carly Fiorina. By making this Palin pick McCain is giving the American public no credit whatsoever! "She's new! She's pretty! She has a baby! She eats mooseburgers!" I'm sure the "The Maverick" deep down wanted Ridge or Lieberman but didn't have the balls to take on his jesus freak overlords. What a "leader of men"!

I am not sure, Liberman on "Morning Joe" all but confirmed it and Charlie Black talked him out of it about 2 weeks ago. However, Palin fits McCain's mentality of a Maverick, and was the only choice left that fit. But that is the problem, what does that say about McCain's decision making process that left him with no other choices but Palin???

I thought it was pathetic when the "best" the Repigs had to offer was Bush and Cheney. But THIS...oy.

Given McCain's bad judgement (are we SURE he's not experiencing early Alzheimer's?) and his running mate's extremism, it looks like what we've got here folks is DEFINITELY Bush/Cheney, the Sequel. Only, probably, worse because neither one of these people seem stable. Bush is clueless, but consistent. Cheney is evil and slimy, but definitely predictable. These two? Talk about extremists.

Of course that's the hallmark of this party now...real, mature and definitely all about the issues. Kind of like Karl Rove's saying Biden is a "blowhard doofuss". Nothing like leadership. And then, there's Grover Norquist. Now THERE is a man.

Why is it that the misfits with no social skills who were probably bullied their whole lives join the GOP? Oh, that's not fair I guess, the ones who don't join the GOP get their guns and shoot up shopping malls and stuff.

All you wingnuts must be very, very proud.

I thought it was pathetic when the "best" the Repigs had to offer was Bush and Cheney.

Yet, they won two elections against the other side's best & brightest.

With people like you providing intellectual support, it's no wonder.

Yet, they won two elections against the other side's best & brightest.

With people like you providing intellectual support, it's no wonder.

Yes, that worked out wonderfully for everyone!

Apparently good campaigning and good governing are not necessarily the same thing.

Yes, that worked out wonderfully for everyone!

Apparently good campaigning and good governing are not necessarily the same thing.

Again, whose fault is it that the party of the intellectuals couldn't beat out a buffoon and Dr. Evil?

Again, whose fault is it that the party of the intellectuals couldn't beat out a buffoon and Dr. Evil?

All that proves is that the American electorate is retarded. Only in America could guys like GWB and Marion Barry be re-elected.

The Dems do not seem to be as good at getting elected, but the past 8 years should tell you that this has very little to do with running a successful administration. Playing on the morals of the Baptist Christians in order to get them to vote against their own economic interests (twice) is not something to brag about unless your just in it for the sport. Karl Rove is a politicking genius, but that doesn't mean GWB was anything more than the crappiest president we've seen in my lifetime. But you're right, the ability to run good campaigns is really the most important thing - something to be quite proud of. Really, we're just suffering the consequences of our own collective stupidity.

"present" :beer:

Sure you want to be trotting out the voting issue? Your boy McCain has missed 63.8% of the votes in the last Congress. That's 407 missed votes to 231 cast. He's missed more votes that any other congressperson, including Sen. Tim Johnson who was out because he suffered a brain hemorrhage. McCain missed more votes than a guy who was hospitalized for several months. Third was Obama (290 missed, 348 cast), but he was in a heated contest with Hillary (4th). What exactly was McCain doing? His race was over back in January.