When it rains it pours!!!

JK2000

In regards to the women vote, you are right he needs to pull some of that vote. I'm not convinced that two anti-abortion candidates will be able to do that. The one thing that does hurt McCain is those middle of the road republicans may not vote his way because he bent over backwards for the evangelical vote.

Win some, lose some.

Looks like Obama has solidified his support among Clinton supporters.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good news. I always thought that it was a matter of time for most of them. Eventually realizing that their core beliefs, what they liked in Hillary, is much more along the lines of Obama than McCain.

I think alot of them view the Palin pick as patronizing.

No. She's McCain's choice to succeed him should he not finish out his term. The lack of thought, lack of research, and serious lack in judgement to name her to the ticket speaks very loudly as to what kind of "leader" he will be. You clearly support a "leader" who makes uninformed decisions that would have far-reaching consequences should the worst scenario happen during his term. Not caring, gambling, pandering, lying, and just plain displaying a staggering lack of forethought what-so-ever are not qualities I, and many others I suspect, want to see over the next four years.

How do you know there was a lack of research?

You see it as a lack of judgement, others may not.

"Uninformed decision"? based on what?

I think it was a great pick, she is a political out sider that stepped up to fix something and has moved up highest office in her state and has done a good job, even if for a short time.

In regards to the women vote, you are right he needs to pull some of that vote. I'm not convinced that two anti-abortion candidates will be able to do that. The one thing that does hurt McCain is those middle of the road republicans may not vote his way because he bent over backwards for the evangelical vote.

Win some, lose some.

Plus, one wonders where all of these McCain supporters really are? Granted they are just events, but pulling in 80,000+ at the DNC, other events since being 25,000+.... and McCain is struggling to pull in 10,000.

I honestly don't think most middle of the road people care about abortion. And I don't put too much stock in crowds at conventions, etc. Those McCain supporters are going to work and taking care of their families and don't really want to stand in line for hours to listen to some politician's speech.

Just so long as it goes down to the wire so we can have maximum chaos on this board I'll be happy. :D

I think it was a great pick, she is a political out sider that stepped up to fix something and has moved up highest office in her state and has done a good job, even if for a short time.

True. She has worked her way up.

But a little over a year in the governor's office. Two term mayor of a 8,000/9,000 person town? Before that City Council. Not a lot of experience there. Frankly that scares me. After all McCain has had health issues and she would be in charge if he went down.

Lip service? How so?

But a little over a year in the governor's office. Two term mayor of a 8,000/9,000 person town? Before that City Council. Not a lot of experience there. Frankly that scares me. After all McCain has had health issues and she would be in charge if he went down.

Would you be worried if she went down? :D

Lip service? How so?

Palin vs Hillary.

Who here realizes each state is supposed to be it's own sovereignty and has right to succeed if it deems best by the citizens of that state by the 10th Amendment? Raise your hand

The 10th Amendment gives the right to be successful?

Lip service? How so?

If McCain went down that would make her President. Well based on Obama saying that we need to change old time politics I think her as President would just what he's talking about no?

You should probably do a bit of research of your own. She's no more an outsider or a maverick than McCain is. She has ties to Ted Stevens' 527. She employed a lobbyist with ties to Jack Abromoff. She helped (ie lobbied extensively) to acquire $27 million in earmarks for a town of 6500, then left them $20 million in debt when she left office. She just flat-out lied about turning any bridge earmark money down. The "reforms" she instituted seem to largely be firings based on political retribution. Now, to add to all of that, she's tied to a secessionist group, tried to ban books from the library, is a creationist, has a pregnant minor yet is still a vocal opponent of sex education in schools, is under investigation, has hired a lawyer, claimed executive priviledge ( :D ), and that's just in the last 24 hours. Sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill member of the GOP.

You should probably do a bit of research of your own. She's no more an outsider or a maverick than McCain is. She has ties to Ted Stevens' 527. She employed a lobbyist with ties to Jack Abromoff. She helped (ie lobbied extensively) to acquire $27 million in earmarks for a town of 6500, then left them $20 million in debt when she left office. She just flat-out lied about turning any bridge earmark money down. The "reforms" she instituted seem to largely be firings based on political retribution. Now, to add to all of that, she's tied to a secessionist group, tried to ban books from the library, is a creationist, has a pregnant minor yet is still a vocal opponent of sex education in schools, is under investigation, has hired a lawyer, claimed executive priviledge ( :D ), and that's just in the last 24 hours. Sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill member of the GOP.

Did you mention she is a Pat Buchanan supporter?

I can hear Pat Robertson and the neocon(stipated) wingnuts praising the Lord as we speak....

You should probably do a bit of research of your own. She's no more an outsider or a maverick than McCain is. She has ties to Ted Stevens' 527. She employed a lobbyist with ties to Jack Abromoff. She helped (ie lobbied extensively) to acquire $27 million in earmarks for a town of 6500, then left them $20 million in debt when she left office. She just flat-out lied about turning any bridge earmark money down.

Wait, you mean she's the same as McCain, Obama, and Biden?

Gasp!