When it rains it pours!!!

JK2000

How patriotic!

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." - Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party

Nice job on the vetting McCain!

Check our the AIP's FAQ

Q: What is the Alaskan Independence Party?

A: An Alaskan political party whose members advocate a range of solutions to the conflicts between federal and local authority; from advocacy for state's rights, through a return to territorial status, all the way to complete independence and nationhood status for Alaska.

Q: Would I lose my U.S. citizenship?

A: Depending on the form of independence, several forms of citizenship would be possible, including the retention of U.S. citizenship or dual citizenship. However, considering the moral, educational, and economic decay of the U.S., Alaskans' who hold themselves to a higher standard might very well decide to at least maintain an arm's length distance from a country in decline.

Q: Didn't we vote for statehood already?

A: The vote for statehood was invalid because the people were not presented with the range of options available to them. Further, the federal government has since breached the contract for statehood on numerous occasions in over a dozen serious and substantial instances.

What's next, Randy Weaver as Secretary of Defense? Ed Brown as Secretary of the Treasury? Skrewdriver as the NSC?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical partisan bullsh*t. Obama VP said he isn't ready to be president just a few months ago.

Neither of them should be president.

Secondly, every state has the right of succession and sovereignty. I know the 10th Amendment might come as a shock to some people, but this country was not founded on Federalist overlords. Really, your argument is with Republican Party of Lincoln who pushed the Federalist position over state's rights.

Who here realizes each state is supposed to be it's own sovereignty and has right to succeed if it deems best by the citizens of that state by the 10th Amendment? Raise your hand

Typical partisan bullsh*t. Obama VP said he isn't ready to be president just a few months ago.

Neither of them should be president.

Secondly, every state has the right of succession and sovereignty. I know the 10th Amendment might come as a shock to some people, but this country was not founded on Federalist overlords. Really, your argument is with Republican Party of Lincoln who pushed the Federalist position over state's rights.

Who here realizes each state is supposed to be it's own sovereignty and has right to succeed if it deems best by the citizens of that state by the 10th Amendment? Raise your hand

The right to succeed? Well, I don't know if that even needs to be enumerated.... isn't that truly a given?

Shocking news, even for Molson

The AIP platform states that the purpose of the party is to "seek the complete repatriation of the public lands, held by the federal government, to the state and people of Alaska in conformance with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 17, of the federal constitution. To prohibit all bureaucratic regulations and judicial rulings purporting to have the effect of law, except that which shall be approved by the elected legislature ... To support the privatization of government services ...”

Yup, sounds like a wacked out militant secessionist sect to me.

You mean like these?

Q: What is the Alaskan Independence Party?

A: An Alaskan political party whose members advocate a range of solutions to the conflicts between federal and local authority; from advocacy for state's rights, through a return to territorial status, all the way to complete independence and nationhood status for Alaska.

You mean like these?

Oh right, like the KKK has members who's view range from only hating blacks to those who hate everything non-white. How can you be a member of the Alaska INDEPENDENCE Party (not Independent, Independence) without being for Alaskan Independence? That's like David Duke running for governor of LA on an "economic platform", yeah right!

Oh right, like the KKK has members who's view range from only hating blacks to those who hate everything non-white. How can you be a member of the Alaska INDEPENDENCE Party (not Independent, Independence) without being for Alaskan Independence? That's like David Duke running for governor of LA on an "economic platform", yeah right!

Now there's an appropriate analogy. You are worth the price of admission.

"I'm an Alaskan, not an American. I've got no use for America or her damned institutions." - Joe Vogler, founder of the Alaskan Independence Party

So Palin used to be a man named Joe Vogler? Hmmm....very relevant. :beer:

I can't believe you clowns are getting this desparate on Sept 2. Thought you'd be 10+ points up after the Messiah's latest "speech of his life", didn't you? :thumbsup:

I suspect this will be the 3d election in a row where I didn't really care for either candidate but will be pleased to see the GOP win mostly because I enjoy watching liberals getting crushed. That and my taxes won't get raised.

So Palin used to be a man named Joe Vogler? Hmmm....very relevant. :beer:

I can't believe you clowns are getting this desparate on Sept 2. Thought you'd be 10+ points up after the Messiah's latest "speech of his life", didn't you? :thumbsup:

I suspect this will be the 3d election in a row where I didn't really care for either candidate but will be pleased to see the GOP win mostly because I enjoy watching liberals getting crushed. That and my taxes won't get raised.

We begin invading Russia January 21. Just a McCain snap judgment.

Palin is fully behind her President having some knowledge of Russia as governor of AK, (sarcasm)

We begin invading Russia January 21. Just a McCain snap judgment.

Palin is fully behind her President having some knowledge of Russia as governor of AK, (sarcasm)

Also don't forget to add Canada to her international experience. Even though I went to public schools, I know that Canada is next to Alaska.