Gustav

BillsNYC

Alright, I get the seriousness of the storm, but c'mon...24/7 coverage on all the news networkds? Is nothing else going on in the world?

I was thinking of posting this last night but didn't. However, MSNBC just forced me to do it. They have a news crew driving around some empty neighborhood, and all of a sudden, they spotted a dog running around. They zoomed in and the guy was like "Wait stop....what is this? Its a dog...it's a dog.....we better stop and make sure he doesn't need our help!"

I just burst out laughing.

No you think? So why the surprise? I still recall the day in Rochester when the Blizzard of the Millenium was on the way...they started releasing people from work at school at 10 am, in waves, to keep the highways clear. No bread on the shelves, a run on candles, etc.

As I recall, about 3 flakes fell. Unfortunately they melted before the cameras could capture the full impact.

No you think? So why the surprise? I still recall the day in Rochester when the Blizzard of the Millenium was on the way...they started releasing people from work at school at 10 am, in waves, to keep the highways clear. No bread on the shelves, a run on candles, etc.

As I recall, about 3 flakes fell. Unfortunately they melted before the cameras could capture the full impact.

You're correct. The storm hit Batavia and skipped northeastward over Ontario.

You couldn't buy a one minute early dismissal for from any boss for about three years after that little meteorological prognosticating disaster.

I agree with Bill though. The media obsesses to much, methinks.

Did you see Jerry Rivers today going crazy on the bridge?

It looked like to me that it was a guy from the Corps of Engineers with a lifeline and a lifejacket on checking out a large propane tank in the water.

I remember that too! It's friggin funny as hell! :devil:

There was a great video a few years ago of a woman in a canoe during a hurrican paddling when 2 people walked right by her and she was in the canoe in 4 inch water. News stations just find fake coverage.

It was a correspondent for the Today show, I think and she was paddling talking about a flood when someone walked across the camera shot. The Daily show ran it and I thought it hysterical. It was actually a flood in New Jersey. :devil::lol::lol:

A couple years ago we had a local reporter in Galveston during a dud storm, he was pretending to be

standing horizontal in the terrible gale force winds. Then some dude rides by on his bike and waves to the camera.

All of it is overdone but sometimes pretty funny.