7-9 or worse due to QB

ieatcrayonz

I highly doubt the FCC would let them get away with calling themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" if it weren't true. They can't get everything right but they are right most of the time as their name implies.

I'm sure they have heard of our glove wearing Mary and have seen enough to know he doesn't cut it in the NFL.

You forgot the sarcasm icon. You were kidding, right? :devil:

PTR

I highly doubt the FCC would let them get away with calling themselves "The Worldwide Leader in Sports" if it weren't true. They can't get everything right but they are right most of the time as their name implies.

I'm sure they have heard of our glove wearing Mary and have seen enough to know he doesn't cut it in the NFL.

You can call yourself most anything you want. FCC doesn't monitor your nickname, as it doesn't relate to truth in advertising.

Guest dog14787

If you rarely go out on a limb (ESPN) and stick with the facts, the fact is, until Buffalo proves differently we have not given anyone any reason to think the Bills are anything more than an average 8-8 team. Lets face the facts, to everyone else, we face Tom Brady twice and now we face Brett Favre twice. These guys are proven, then you got the stinky big Tuna smelling up the fish hatchery in Miami, and he's highly proven.

So until we prove something, as in wins and losses, we can't expect to hear anything differently from the Media.

You can call yourself most anything you want. FCC doesn't monitor your nickname, as it doesn't relate to truth in advertising.

Ok, maybe I screwed up which government agency monitors truth in advertising. I would have thought it was the FCC but maybe it is the BBB or perhaps the FAA. The point is, they can't say they are the leader unless they in fact are the leader. Otherwise it would be false advertising and the government would be all over them.

Crayonz: Reeling them in since 2005 ...

Well....the truth is that the Bills haven't had a decent QB since Kelly, with the possible exception of Flutie. Not to mention the putrid O Line Turnstiles of late. Until we get an O Line that can pass protect and a QB that can actually take advantage of that, oh.....and a WR besides Lee Evans, I can't really argue with ESPN's stance. Hopefully, this year's O Line and Edwards will prove them wrong. Hope springs eternal. Or at least hops eternal.

26 sacks allowed in 2007, the fewest by the Bills in a 16-game season since 1981 ...

Guest dog14787
Truth hurts?

Steve Tasker: I want the truth, did you order the code red on JP Losman?

Fairchild: "Your doggon right I did"!!! :devil:

What this really says is... "We used to like the Bills earlier in the off season. They addressed all their major needs and have good young talent that could put it all together and have a good season and possibly a wild card spot. But now the Jets have Brett Farve. So we're all going to change our mind about the Bills and Jets, and say that the Jets have the chance at the wild card spot, and the Bills will be back to sucking and they might be 7-9. There's just no way they can beat Brett Farve even though the rest of that team isn't very good."

Not at all surprising.

Great post! There is a living legend (although he is going to be diminished) in our division. Brett is the story until the Bills give them someone to talk about. It is nothing personal but we don't have a story in Buffalo yet! So we can't be a winner. If Kevin Everett had somehow managed to recover to playing status everyone would be picking us to overthrow the Pats. You guys know how this all works reporters go with the story and prediction that sells. We need to create a feel good story by stringing some wins together for our "real, good ole, hard nosed, Fred Smerles lovin', American as Apple pie football town!" The Bills are America's team, they are not the Billionaire boys club that is Dallas, NE and NY. If they go and play hard nosed old fashion Buffalo football we will be on the national radar again. Prediction- Wild Card 9-6-1 wining the tie breaker with a victory over Clevland!

This is part of why you just show Peters the money.

I respectfully disagree. This is why Peters needs to show his butt in camp. Who else in this league is going to put up with that kind of attitude? He is hurting himself in the long run by putting himself over and above the team. Is there any doubt that the Bills would renegotiate his contract if he showed up?

I respectfully disagree. This is why Peters needs to show his butt in camp. Who else in this league is going to put up with that kind of attitude? He is hurting himself in the long run by putting himself over and above the team. Is there any doubt that the Bills would renegotiate his contract if he showed up?

how in the heck did this get turned into a Peters thread? You people never cease to amaze.

I was watching ESPN this morning and they had a "more or less" session about the AFC East. Both experts agreed that the Bills would have less than 8 wins. One of them said it was due to QB issues. The other said they are a year or two away. That obviously meant "once they get a decent QB they will be ok".

This was one of the live versions so they are up to date with everything.

Maybe now you will realize that a glove wearing Mary and a Clean up the City Boy are not enough in today's NFL.

Well lets hope that Trent mans up a bit this year esp inside the 20s. The whole season depends on it.