The Bills don't charge full price

Once again we hear the nonsense that fans are getting ripped off because the NFL makes ticket holders pay full price for pre-season games. Today it was from Bob Matthews.

Funny, it comes from a guy who probably hasn't had to buy a ticket in years.

The reality of the Bills ticket pricing is that the preseason game was discounted big time for most ticket buyers. For season ticket holders, there's a 10% discount on the entire season (at least my seat is 10%). My ticket costs $360 for 8 games. The price on the ticket says $45. But without season tickets, it would be $50. So if I didn't buy seasons, but only purchased the 7 regular season games, I'd pay $350. Doing the math, the real price of my pre-season game is $10. That's 80% off the regular season price. In addition, it was kid's night. That means anyone who bought tickets for their kids also didn't pay anything near full price. If there were 35,000 no-shows as Matthews claims, chances are pretty darn good that the adults who brought their kids also didn't pay full price. Like many season ticket holders, I give my preseason tickets away. Many of the parents at kids night were most likely either season ticket holders paying 20 cents on a dollar to go, or recipients of tickets from a friend who holds season tickets.

Now it may be true that other, less fan-friendly teams do charge full price-you'd expect no less from the Snyders or the Joneses, but if you're writing about this, don't use the Bills game as an example-Bob.

Once again we hear the nonsense that fans are getting ripped off because the NFL makes ticket holders pay full price for pre-season games.
Another viewpoint: Link Post #5

If I remember correctly my PS-STs still listed $70 as the price. If they want to discount the PSTs list $10 as their price.

Once again we hear the nonsense that fans are getting ripped off because the NFL makes ticket holders pay full price for pre-season games. Today it was from Bob Matthews.

Funny, it comes from a guy who probably hasn't had to buy a ticket in years.

The reality of the Bills ticket pricing is that the preseason game was discounted big time for most ticket buyers. For season ticket holders, there's a 10% discount on the entire season (at least my seat is 10%). My ticket costs $360 for 8 games. The price on the ticket says $45. But without season tickets, it would be $50. So if I didn't buy seasons, but only purchased the 7 regular season games, I'd pay $350. Doing the math, the real price of my pre-season game is $10. That's 80% off the regular season price. In addition, it was kid's night. That means anyone who bought tickets for their kids also didn't pay anything near full price. If there were 35,000 no-shows as Matthews claims, chances are pretty darn good that the adults who brought their kids also didn't pay full price. Like many season ticket holders, I give my preseason tickets away. Many of the parents at kids night were most likely either season ticket holders paying 20 cents on a dollar to go, or recipients of tickets from a friend who holds season tickets.

Now it may be true that other, less fan-friendly teams do charge full price-you'd expect no less from the Snyders or the Joneses, but if you're writing about this, don't use the Bills game as an example-Bob.

Not to mention that Kid's Day tickets were steeply discounted as well...

This, of course, assumes that the team wouldn't offer a package discount if the preseason games weren't included.

My Kids' Day tickets weren't discounted. I ended up eating them. Using your logic, that mean my seven regular-season games will now cost me $80 each, instead of the single-game price of $77.

But hey, I got my parking coupons. Woohoo.