Micheal Moore

This guy is an absolute ass!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/30/mo...-god-in-heaven/

I lived through Hurricane Ivan back in 2004...There were deaths and I remember being without power and water for 3 or 4 days and lots of damage. People lost homes and businesses. For him to say such a thing is truley classless.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lived through Hurricane Ivan back in 2004...There were deaths and I remember being without power and water for 3 or 4 days and lots of damage. People lost homes and businesses. For him to say such a thing is truley classless.

he is, and always has been, a truly classless, self centered, egotistical, arogant moron.... :thumbsup:

Not surprising though, coming from him. Jimmy Carter said something similar the other night about the timing of the hurricane and it being bad for the Republicans. He quickly realized what he said and added and of course those people in its path. Why doesn't some Republican leader come forward and ask why do these liberal leaders wish to see this devastation?

Wow, that is a statement is obviously being taken out of context. I'm pretty sure that Moore and Carter do not wish for death of innocent people (especially Carter). Now, Moore can be a P.O.S. but I see this as a misinterpreted statement

I remember a few Republican right wingers making similar statements about NO before Katrina because of NO reputation for how shall I say this promiscuousness.

If I remember correctly they said that is was God punishing the godless.

Either way I don't wish bad on the people of NO and hope the Republican admin is able to make amends.

Wow, that is a statement is obviously being taken out of context. I'm pretty sure that Moore and Carter do not wish for death of innocent people (especially Carter). Now, Moore can be a P.O.S. but I see this as a misinterpreted statement

How dare you try to be rational on this board?

You got some nerve pal.

You're talking to people who still cannot learn that "Michael" is spelled M-I-C-H-A-E-L after all. I think you learn that in the 3rd or 4th grade, so perhaps that explains the main problem we're having here. It's not so much a problem with reading out of context...it's basic reading skills, period.

:wacko::thumbsup:

I agree... just like we should not have infered anything into..."I did not have sex with that woman!"

Sorry.. couldnt help myself :wacko:

Bottom line for me is Moore is a has been !@#$ and Carter is a traitor and a has been.... everytime he opens his mouth my opinion of him drops lower... didnt think it could get lower but it does... Take his comment about McCain "milking" his POW status... How low can you go Jimmy... must have a real flexible spine or no spine to limbo so low :flirt::thumbsup:

How dare you try to be rational on this board?

You got some nerve pal.

You're talking to people who still cannot learn that "Michael" is spelled M-I-C-H-A-E-L after all. I think you learn that in the 3rd or 4th grade, so perhaps that explains the main problem we're having here. It's not so much a problem with reading out of context...it's basic reading skills, period.

:wallbash::flirt:

Hey I take offense to that.... my son name is M-I-C-H-A-E-L.... and thats why I refer to him as Mike... :thumbsup:

ohh.... thats why i like spellcheck :wacko:

I agree... just like we should not have infered anything into..."I did not have sex with that woman!"

Sorry.. couldnt help myself :wacko:

Bottom line for me is Moore is a has been !@#$ and Carter is a traitor and a has been.... everytime he opens his mouth my opinion of him drops lower... didnt think it could get lower but it does... Take his comment about McCain "milking" his POW status... How low can you go Jimmy... must have a real flexible spine or no spineto limbo so low :flirt::thumbsup:

Dementia is a terrible thing.

Here's the full piece:

Moore goes on to say he hopes nobody gets hurt.

Fox News report on Katrina

"What I'm hearing, which is sort of scary, is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality," she said at the time. "And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this is working very well for them." -Barbara Bush

Why is it scary that they want to stay in Texas? This is really better for them?

Link

"We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it, but God did." –Rep. Richard Baker (R-LA) to lobbyists, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal

"Judge Roberts can, maybe, you know, be thankful that a tragedy has brought him some good." –Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, arguing that Supreme Court nominee John Roberts stands to benefit from Hurricane Katrina because "inflamed rhetoric in the United States Senate is just not going to play well now," Sept. 1, 2005

"Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" –House Majority Leader Tom Delay (R-TX), to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 9, 2005

"We've got a lot of rebuilding to do ... The good news is — and it's hard for some to see it now — that out of this chaos is going to come a fantastic Gulf Coast, like it was before. Out of the rubbles of Trent Lott's house — he's lost his entire house — there's going to be a fantastic house. And I'm looking forward to sitting on the porch." (Laughter) —President Bush, touring hurricane damage, Mobile, Ala., Sept. 2, 2005

"I understand there are 10,000 people dead. It's terrible. It's tragic. But in a democracy of 300 million people, over years and years and years, these things happen." --GOP strategist Jack Burkman, on MSNBC's "Connected," Sept. 7, 2005

"Well, I think if you look at what actually happened, I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged the Bullet.' Because if you recall, the storm moved to the east and then continued on and appeared to pass with considerable damage but nothing worse." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, blaming media coverage for the government's failings, "Meet the Press," Sept. 4, 2005

"It makes no sense to spend billions of dollars to rebuild a city that's seven feet under sea level....It looks like a lot of that place could be bulldozed." –House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), Aug. 31, 2005

"What didn't go right?'" –President Bush, as quoted by House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), after she urged him to fire FEMA Director Michael Brown "because of all that went wrong, of all that didn't go right" in the Hurricane Katrina relief effort

(ex head of the DNC)on a plane from Denver to S. Carolina on Friday.

But the dems are for the people!

If it had happened during the Democratic convention do you believe there wouldn't be similar Republican quote?!. I'm not defending his words it's silly to say a Democrat did it when Republicans would have been all over it like white on rice.

I remember a few Republican right wingers making similar statements about NO before Katrina because of NO reputation for how shall I say this promiscuousness.

If I remember correctly they said that is was God punishing the godless.

Either way I don't wish bad on the people of NO and hope the Republican admin is able to make amends.

The Republican's also tried to use Katrina to their advantage:

Kathleen Blanco, the governor of Louisiana, had been briefed extensively about what to expect when the storm hit, which was why, on the Friday night before the storm reached the coast, she signed papers declaring Louisiana to be in a state of emergency. Based on what she had been told by her advisers and what she knew from being a native Louisianan, she understood that Katrina, creeping gradually toward land with sustained winds of a strength rarely seen in a hurricane, could prove to be catastrophic for Louisiana, and particularly for New Orleans.

"One story," Blanco aide Mann recalls, "would say the governor was so incompetent she had not even gotten around to declaring a state of emergency when she had actually done so three days before the storm. It was obvious to us who was behind this attack based on inaccurate information that was being shoveled to Washington reporters who were identifying their sources as senior Bush administration officials." Blanco adds, "People at Newsweek told me the White House called them to say I had delayed signing the disaster declaration. The assumption was that their source was the political director -- Karl Rove." Not only was the attack on Blanco in print, it was also on television. "All of a sudden," Blanco says, "a whole lot of talking heads showed up on television repeating the misinformation over and over, making it the truth."

The context is that they see a political advantage for their party because this hurricane is hitting where it is, and when it is, during the Republican convention. Nothing out of context here. Maybe a little uncareful honesty. If people suffer and die, too bad. Kind of like an automitive body shop owner who not so secretly is happy when it rains, because people have crashes. It's good for his business. But regardless, Michael Moore is pond scum.

The context is that they see a political advantage for their party because this hurricane is hitting where it is, and when it is, during the Republican convention. Nothing out of context here. Maybe a little uncareful honesty. If people suffer and die, too bad. Kind of like an automitive body shop owner who not so secretly is happy when it rains, because people have crashes. It's good for his business. But regardless, Michael Moore is pond scum.

You can see the full video here

Listen to the whole thing before saying it's not out of context. He says after that that he hopes nobody gets hurt.

Also read all the quotes from Republicans I posted above about Katrina.

"Judge Roberts can, maybe, you know, be thankful that a tragedy has brought him some good." –Christian broadcaster Pat Robertson, arguing that Supreme Court nominee John Roberts stands to benefit from Hurricane Katrina because "inflamed rhetoric in the United States Senate is just not going to play well now," Sept. 1, 2005

"We finally cleaned up public housing in New Orleans. We couldn't do it, but God did." –Rep. Richard Baker (R-LA) to lobbyists, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal

"It makes no sense to spend billions of dollars to rebuild a city that's seven feet under sea level....It looks like a lot of that place could be bulldozed." –House Speaker Dennis Hastert (R-Ill.), Aug. 31, 2005

I already saw it. It is what it is. But keep spinning things if you feel you need to.

If you saw it then why did you lie about what he said in your post? I'm not spinning things I'm telling the truth. Something you haven't done why is that?