Andre Woodson

It's funny how the stars of the college game don't make it but so often in the pros, especially QB's. Woodson was being hyped for the Heisman last year and doesn't even make an NFL roster. Not yet anyway. His release is too slow to make it in the Arena league. Hope he got his degree.

It's funny how the stars of the college game don't make it but so often in the pros, especially QB's. Woodson was being hyped for the Heisman last year and doesn't even make an NFL roster. Not yet anyway. His release is too slow to make it in the Arena league. Hope he got his degree.

there have been QBs that have won the Heisman that didnt come close to making it in the NFL...Gino Torretta for example although he shouldnt have won it to begin with

when a college QB wins the Heisman its almost a guarantee he wont make it in the NFL...only ones in recent memory I can think of that had any type of a career are Testeverde and Ty Detmer and Ty was basically a career backup although he did start at different points in his career

Andre Ware won the Heisman playing in a Run and Shoot offense and got drafted by a team that ran a Run and Shoot offense and he still didnt make it in the NFL

Hard to believe Woodson was considered a first round pick at one point. Even the top QB overall by some. Such is life in the NFL.

Great post. Todd McShay had Woodson as the overall #1 NFL prospect at one point during the college season last year. I personally viewed this with disbelief on espn.com! Needless to say, McShay has no credibility IMO. He also said Marshawn Lynch was a "reach" where the Bills drafted him. :thumbsup:

I get why some QBs win the Heisman and aren't successful pros - it's a different enough game that the skills needed to succeed don't always translate.

What's shocking about Woodson is that I saw mock drafts that had him as a top-10 pick at some points. Admittedly, they were crummy mock drafts, but jeez.