Lions Release two former Bills

Kiwaukee Thomas and... *sniff*... THE JOE, Leon Joe, were cut by the Lions today.

Along with, oh how the mighty have fallen, Darnell Bing.

Tis a sad day indeed...

I thought Kiwaukee was a pretty good nickel back. He resigned with Detroit not us so no sympathy from me. :worthy:

Larry Tripplett also cut by the Seahawks...guess no return to Buffalo for him.

To think, Marv and Dick gave this guy 5 year 18.5M just two seasons ago.

Yes. and it appears the front office has learned its lessons. See Spencer Johnson, Lee Evans and J Peters contracts.

Marv was an OK coach but never a GM.

How did Marv's drafts go?

Donte Whitner - starter

John McCargo - key reserve

Ashton Youboty - nickel back

Ko Simpson - starter

Kyle Williams - starter

Brad Butler - starter

Keith Ellison - key reserve/ST player

Terrence Pennington - cut in 2007 by BUF, cut yesterday by ATL

Aaron Merz - out of football

Marshawn Lynch - starter

Paul Posluszny - starter

Trent Edwards - starter

Dwayne Wright - cut yesterday

John Wendling - reserve safety/ST player

Derek Schouman - #2 TE

CJ Ah You - cut yesterday by Rams

Marv's regime also got us:

Fred Jackson - #2 RB

John DiGiorgio - #2 MLB who started 14 games last year

Justin Jenkins - #5 or #6 WR/ST gunner and all around beast

John Corto - reserve OLB/ST

Kirk Chambers - Starting RT at the moment and hopefully key reserve

Ryan Neill - solid long snapper

Derrick Dockery - starting LG

Langston Walker - solid starting RT and current LT

So that's 7 of 22 starters to come out of two drafts. He also snookered the Eagles into giving us a draft pick for Takeo Spikes which freed up salary. The Eagles released TKO after one year. He didn't give Darwin Walker more money even though we all wanted him to and Darwin went to Chicago and did zip. Chicago released him after one year and he is now in Carolina He robbed the Ravens in the McGahee trade, who after one year is hurt again and has fallen out of favor due to his work habits to the point that they drafted a RB to supplant him in Ray Rice.

Did they miss on Tripplett? Sure did, but he was choice #2 after Ryan Pickett who signed elsewhere. Overall I think Marv did a terrific job of turning over the roster, bringing in young, talented, FAST players. Compare that to what we got out of the last two years of TD. Where's the problem again? marv brought some talent evaluation ability back to the team that had been lacking.

How did Marv's drafts go?

Donte Whitner - starter

John McCargo - key reserve

Ashton Youboty - nickel back

Ko Simpson - starter

Kyle Williams - starter

Brad Butler - starter

Keith Ellison - key reserve/ST player

Terrence Pennington - cut in 2007 by BUF, cut yesterday by ATL

Aaron Merz - out of football

Marshawn Lynch - starter

Paul Posluszny - starter

Trent Edwards - starter

Dwayne Wright - cut yesterday

John Wendling - reserve safety/ST player

Derek Schouman - #2 TE

CJ Ah You - cut yesterday by Rams

Marv's regime also got us:

Fred Jackson - #2 RB

John DiGiorgio - #2 MLB who started 14 games last year

Justin Jenkins - #5 or #6 WR/ST gunner and all around beast

John Corto - reserve OLB/ST

Kirk Chambers - Starting RT at the moment and hopefully key reserve

Ryan Neill - solid long snapper

Derrick Dockery - starting LG

Langston Walker - solid starting RT and current LT

So that's 7 of 22 starters to come out of two drafts. He also snookered the Eagles into giving us a draft pick for Takeo Spikes which freed up salary. The Eagles released TKO after one year. He didn't give Darwin Walker more money even though we all wanted him to and Darwin went to Chicago and did zip. Chicago released him after one year and he is now in Carolina He robbed the Ravens in the McGahee trade, who after one year is hurt again and has fallen out of favor due to his work habits to the point that they drafted a RB to supplant him in Ray Rice.

Did they miss on Tripplett? Sure did, but he was choice #2 after Ryan Pickett who signed elsewhere. Overall I think Marv did a terrific job of turning over the roster, bringing in young, talented, FAST players. Compare that to what we got out of the last two years of TD. Where's the problem again? marv brought some talent evaluation ability back to the team that had been lacking.

AMEN. I think Marv did a terrific job while in the front office! Although I'm fairly sure Brandon and Co. had plenty of input throughout the process even when Marv was there. No FO is going to get ever decision right. Tripplett was a huge miss (as was jason webster) but recent poor decisions are heavily outweighed by great moves. I'm very happy with the direction this team has taken the past couple years in terms of players brought in, team philosophy and FO structuring. Marv was a catalyst (and a great PR move) in pulling us out of the mess left by Mr. Donahoe.

GO BILLS :thumbsup::worthy: :worthy:

Speaking of former Bills, (FA) LB Mario Haggan was just suspended. I wondered why we let him go when he was a solid ST contributer.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8...mp;confirm=true

The suspended players: Adrian Awason, DE, 4 games; Jonathan Clinkscale, G, 4 games; Tony Gonzalez, WR, 4 games; Mario Haggan, LB, 4 games; Travis Henry, RB, at least one year; Luke Petitgout, T, 4 games; Dexter Reid, DB, 4 games; Darrion Scott, DE, 3 games; E.J. Underwood, DB, 4 games; Jimmy Williams, DB, 5 games; Cedrick Wilson, WR, 1 game.

Henry is old news....