GO 'Cuse Football 2008

The Poojer

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The D forced a couple of TO's. They're tired now because the O couldn't stay on the field long enough.

I don't have the game stats, but seems to me that SU has had a very difficult time stopping NW on 3rd down (or on 1st or 2nd down, for that matter). NW's RB had 100+ yards at the half. Mike Mele looks lost trying to cover RBs.

Tackling has been very poor as well.

I don't believe in firing a head coach during the season, let along after the first game of the season, but if I'm Athletic Director Gross I fire Robinson right farking now. No need to talk about a team full of stiffs without nary a playmaker among them, but every time they show him on the sideline I have an overwhelming impression of a man in over his head, befuddled, and just praying he catches a lucky break. He is not a leader of men and he has no plan.

It would help if they had a QB that could throw accurately.

Greg Robinson MUST GO!!!

And wide receivers who could catch the ball.

The Orange have no passing game. :worthy:

I don't believe in firing an athletic director during the season, let along after the first game of the season, but if I'm Chancellor Cantor I fire Gross right farking now.

I wouldn't mind that scenario either.

I don't have the game stats, but seems to me that SU has had a very difficult time stopping NW on 3rd down (or on 1st or 2nd down, for that matter). NW's RB had 100+ yards at the half. Mike Mele looks lost trying to cover RBs.

That team is one of the worst prepared teams I've watched in a while. They look like they practice using two hand touch rules. The offense (both play calling and execution) is timid and scared, not to mention lacking much natural talent. Most of the defense looks lost and scared to make a hit. I can't count the number of times I saw a guy just NOT tackle. Not miss a tackle, or slip, or get faked out, but be right there to make the tackle, and just not do so. The secondary looked better than the rest of team, but still they were out of position quite a bit....though I think a lot of that had to do with being exhausted from chasing down running plays all game.

I'm not a Cuse football fan and they aren't on TV much so I don't follow them, but if that's the norm....Robinson needs to be exiled.

both units deserve a :worthy: , IMO

I'm not going to say they don't suck on both sides of the ball and I'm too lazy to look up historical box scores, but I feel like Northwestern loses a lot of 48-24 games in a conference that is not known for it's offensive firepower. So I'd say I'm more discouraged with SU's offense.

And yah, GRob needs to go. Bring back P!

And wide receivers who could catch the ball.

The Orange have no passing game. :wallbash:

I wouldn't mind that scenario either.

I don't think it's the receivers not catching the ball as much as the ball being thrown uncatchable.

See you in two weeks ...

:worthy:

B-) Whatdya have to go and do that for? :wallbash: You probably laughed at the kids after kicking them as they lay helpless on the ground after you took their lunch money. Dintcha! Dintcha! :lol:

The Cuse showed the offensive ability of a mediocre high school team. Ineptitude at every position. It's embarrassing how far the program has fallen. Robinson and Gross should both get canned. The Orange should be a perennial top 30 team and they are looking like they couldn't beat a DII team.