87 members have voted

1. 1. Jason Get in here!

• YEAR LONG HOLD OUT
    • GET DEAL DONE BY MID SEASON
    • GET DEAL DONE BEFORE SEASON
    • NO CONTACT ULTIL BILLS CALL HIM - DEAL GETS DONE THEN
    • HE'LL CONTACT BILLS TO GET DEAL DONE
    • NEVER PLAYS FOR BILLS AGAIN

If he did that I would have no problem with the Bills going after his signing bonus.

(Ducking because I know Mr. Parker Mickey will be along to lecture me about how my opinion is wrong and how his client favorite offensive lineman is just "takin' care of business" right now.)

Maybe he really is Eugene Parker. (lol) Not sure there's any other possibility, given his posts about this subject.

A player is injured in an area that is difficult to heal and you never hear from him again, even though the season is about to begin. Doesn't this make you suspicious that he isn't capable of playing? Sure he wants a new contract before he shows up, because chances are good that if he ever shows up he will still be injured or the least, not the same player he was pre-injury.

Doubt we'll see JP in a Bills unifrom again.

Actually, for the umpteenth time, he was checked out by the team doctors here in Buffalo after the surgery. Brandon himself provided that information. Does that mean he is in top shape now? No. But it does mean that it simply isn't true that the team"never" heard from again after the surgery.

Peters could easily sit out an extended period this season. Yes, he has to forfeit $191,000 each week, but it's not like he already has that and it's being taken away from him. He already has the money from last year, and whatever he made from 04-06, minus expenses of course.

If he was financially responsible, he could wait out the entire year and still live quite comfortably.

Some team, and that may be the Bills, will offer to pay him what he's looking for. If they don't want to pay him, get something in return for him and let someone else do it. I think that Buffalo should trade him.

I think he's recoved from the injury, but I'm afraid his rehab may have mostly consisted of 12 oz curls and maybe some Nathan's hot dog eating contests to stay competitive. And maybe instead of playing cup cakes, he was eating them.

That is my fear.

Do you really think the Bills are going to just hand him a new contract without a clause saying he needs to pass a physical before it is in force? Its common knowledge that he would need to pass a physical before getting his contract, so regardless of if he is hoping not to show he is still injured, they are going to find out anyways...

Its been almost 9 months now...I am pretty sure he is fine from a groin injury...those don't take THAT long to heal...

We will see him in a Bills uniform and it will be very soon..

I think there's more to this injury than he wants anyone to know. If that's not the case then he's being REALLY stupid.

Think he will wait until week 10 then report to get one year of service. He will not be in shape and not be available for several weeks. Will not be invited to Pro Bowl.

And what if The Bills don't make him part of the active roster then?

He will not get credit for that year of service.

Peter's continues to display his All-Wonderlic credentials.

Hey, you piss in my soup. I'll piss in yours - big time.

Do you really think the Bills are going to just hand him a new contract without a clause saying he needs to pass a physical before it is in force? Its common knowledge that he would need to pass a physical before getting his contract, so regardless of if he is hoping not to show he is still injured, they are going to find out anyways...

Its been almost 9 months now...I am pretty sure he is fine from a groin injury...those don't take THAT long to heal...

We will see him in a Bills uniform and it will be very soon..

Im a sophmore in college and i still have lingering groin injuries from my junior of high school. They can last a long time

And what if The Bills don't make him part of the active roster then?

He will not get credit for that year of service.

Peter's continues to display his All-Wonderlic credentials.

Hey, you piss in my soup. I'll piss in yours - big time.

Is this true? I thought the player just had to show up, and there was no way to prevent them from getting the credit for a year of service towards their contract, whether we played him or not.

Peters could easily sit out an extended period this season. Yes, he has to forfeit $191,000 each week, but it's not like he already has that and it's being taken away from him. He already has the money from last year, and whatever he made from 04-06, minus expenses of course.

If he was financially responsible, he could wait out the entire year and still live quite comfortably.

But, some (probably 98% of) players get used to living a particular lifestyle and can't look back. It's sort of like getting a higher paying job. You start to think you need even more salary and then you look back and wonder how you ever lived comfortably before. Losing that much money per game, plus his fines, is going to start to hurt him. By week 1, he would have forfeited a half million dollars. For someone who is throwing a hissy fit over making just 3.2 million per year (gettin disrespected), you can bet this is going to hurt him some.

i believe and i hope that he shows this week. He will make the case as a top 3 LT this year with his play and in the offseason the bills will make him the highest paid LT in the league. I think with the holdout this year, it sets him up for the big payday nextyear.

I believe that was the plan all along on Parkers behalf. If Peters had reported this offseason without a peep and played, he may have had to have this holdout next year(2 yrs remaining). Thus, in Parkers mind...they maybe gain a year or at the very least, gain an easier negotiation next offseason.

I dont blame Peters for trying to make the most $ he can as soon as he can, or the bills for wanting to save as much $ for as long as they can.

I just want Peters here now, and i believe he needs to be here for our QB to reach his potential and our offense to reach its potential.

Unfortunately, history is not on your side here. Most long holdouts end badly, with the player getting nicked up all season, or seriously injured. There are a few exceptions, but most of the time it ends up hurting the player. I hope Jason's one of those exceptions.

Bad advice from Parker.