[please fix subject]-

rjwjr21668

Isn't there a rule whereby if the player doesn't report by a certain point in the season (week 8 I think), then they do not receive credit for the season, in terms of pension, benefits and I believe a credited year to their current contract???

Week 10. He'll definitely report by then (to get credit for the season), otherwise the Bills have him under contract for another 3 years.

The date to accrue a season passed on August 8th, i.e. 30 days before the start of the Bills' season. Since he already has 4 years in the league and is under contract for 3 more, it's moot unless the Bills cut him, which is unlikely.

Week 10. He'll definitely report by then (to get credit for the season), otherwise the Bills have him under contract for another 3 years.

The date to accrue a season passed on August 8th, i.e. 30 days before the start of the Bills' season. Since he already has 4 years in the league and is under contract for 3 more, it's moot unless the Bills cut him, which is unlikely.

Is there a way for the Bills to Lock him out if he decides to wait till week 10?

Is there a way for the Bills to Lock him out if he decides to wait till week 10?

Nope. If he returns, they either have to take him back or cut him. They don't have to play him, although by that time, he'll lose-out on the $1M bonus for starting half the season at LT, so it would be moot.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use less misleading subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.