Sarah Palin

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then how does McCain help your argument.

He doesn't. I don't like John McCain and I'm certainly not voting for him.

As far as that goes, Obama isn't an insider. According to the his critics he keeps voting present, hardly a tactic of an insider.... maybe someone running for President. He has only been there a few years. McCain has been there since 1981. And although he has a track record of being a maverick on certain pork project issues, he is an insider all the way on big oil , health insurance, tax issues benefitting large corporations, drug and insurance cos.

Mr. Obama is a Democrat and he selected another ridiculous liberal insider as his running mate. If he was really for change, just about anyone would have been a better choice than Joe Biden. And campaigning on populist giveaways is not "change", it's continuation.

I know, you don't support McCain, but your are defending his choice.

Nah, I'm simply pointing out the fallacious "arguments" so many of you hypocrites keep spewing.

From a libertarian perspective, how do you feel about Palin's stance on religion in government, schools etc and including the abortion issue. And if you say leave it up to the States, as the GOP she say she believes, but her statements would be to outlaw it altogether doesn't that violate principal personal freedom libertarians espouse??

Absolutely. I'm not a fan of any of that kind of stuff and don't really understand why people (especially politicians) don't understand what equality, freedom, and freewill really are. I hate the whole religion/abortion "thing".

At least once Governor Palin has gone against her "core beliefs" and vetoed legislation that would have taken rights from gay couples in Alaska. She saved the state a ton of money in legal fees because it certainly would have been challenged and overturned. What does that say? I don't really know.

He doesn't. I don't like John McCain and I'm certainly not voting for him.

Mr. Obama is a Democrat and he selected another ridiculous liberal insider as his running mate. If he was really for change, just about anyone would have been a better choice than Joe Biden. And campaigning on populist giveaways is not "change", it's continuation.

Nah, I'm simply pointing out the fallacious "arguments" so many of you hypocrites keep spewing.

Absolutely. I'm not a fan of any of that kind of stuff and don't really understand why people (especially politicians) don't understand what equality, freedom, and freewill really are. I hate the whole religion/abortion "thing".

At least once Governor Palin has gone against her "core beliefs" and vetoed legislation that would have taken rights from gay couples in Alaska. She saved the state a ton of money in legal fees because it certainly would have been challenged and overturned. What does that say? I don't really know.

Thank, actually appreciated your response. Not the usual sarcastic drivel you shoot back. Thanks

If any of you lefties really knew John McCain, the Palin pick has his fingerprints all over it.

I believe that she was properly vetted.

I also believe that the fundamentalist Christians were not pressuring McCain to pick Palin. Heck, some lefties are saying that McCain was "forced" to pick Palin by Dobson and Company (at which point McCain would have told them to promptly perform an anatomical impossibilty), and some are saying that the Christians by this pick want to keep women barefoot and pregnant.

The second one is interesting, since Palin's a woman and all, and fundamentalist Christians aren't supposed to like women in power. :thumbsup:

Can't have it both ways, although I know you would like to. McCain could have picked Lieberman, which would probably have had libs shouting "Traitor!" about an honorable man. He could have picked Mitt Romney..."Two wealthy white men!" Or Tim Pawlenty..."Dan Quayle II!" And Condi Rice..."Evil Bushite!"

McCain is a maverick. He's a gambler by nature. He knows this is his last shot at the White House, and he swung for the fences. I still believe it's a great pick. Case closed, as far as I'm concerned. :huh:

I don't care what the hell you are but when you make a moronic ecstatic premature ejaculation over this shrill woman saying "Everyone will tune in to see her speak at the RNC" it tends to undermine the small amount of credibility you have here.
Guess Harry Reid is now in trouble for using the term shrill re Palin by the newly feminized hard right. Told these guys not to quote me. Fact is tonite she went beyond shrill to piercing.

I posted this on another thread that I started. (I didn't search before I posted) Here it goes.

Sarah Palin: Not the VP this country needs.

Nothing on the economy tonight during the RNC. Nothing on immigration or health care, either. This is the same group that tell us they are the "experienced ticket". Well if they are, they should know better than to just run a smeer campaign rather than speaking about the issues and laying out an actual plan to help fix our nation.

Sarah Palin ran a town of 9000 as mayor but couldn't even run the economy in that little town, much less the whole country. She left that little town in degt! No wonder she doesn't want to discuss the serious issues, such as the economy.

I also caught a more negative vibe out of the RNC tonight than what I saw at the DNC. Sarah Palin was overly sarcastic in her speech tonight.

Overall, I felt that Gov Palin gave a great show at the convention. But that's all it really was, a show.

Sarah Palin ran a town of 9000 as mayor but couldn't even run the economy in that little town, much less the whole country. She left that little town in degt! No wonder she doesn't want to discuss the serious issues, such as the economy.
You know, I keep watching people repeat this over and over again. Do you know why? Or are all budget deficits automatically bad?

You know, I keep watching people repeat this over and over again. Do you know why? Or are all budget deficits automatically bad?

The answer to your question is no, but there is a threshold where deficits and debt matter. Not sure where it is, would love to see an economists take. From what I remember talking to some economists on the Hill no more than 50% of revenue on the and no more than 200% of debt. Increases the cost of money... real interest rates. So as far as that particular town in AK, I need more info. Also was the debt systemic or just short-term. What was the interest rate the town was paying, was it secured? All questions to answer before any judgment is made.

But you already knew all that.

The answer to your question is no, but there is a threshold where deficits and debt matter. Not sure where it is, would love to see an economists take. From what I remember talking to some economists on the Hill no more than 50% of revenue on the and no more than 200% of debt. Increases the cost of money... real interest rates. So as far as that particular town in AK, I need more info. Also was the debt systemic or just short-term. What was the interest rate the town was paying, was it secured? All questions to answer before any judgment is made.

But you already knew all that.

Alaskan Welfare Queens don't like to look at things logically and examine the facts. Just cut taxes and gov't while making sure that they take in more than they pay out.

• 2 months later...
She's got 2 years of executive experience.

Obama has 2 years of legislative experience, but actually a lot less than that since he's been running for president the entire time. So she's actually got more high level experience.

Hahahaha

You can tell it was a good pick. Townhall and Free Republic are elated . . . Meanwhile, the Libtards are freakin' out. (See BH and PJ on this board) . . and others. . . .

Daily KOS

Hahahahahahahaha

Great choice as we see all the libs crawling out from under their rocks to add their two cents today.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Frankly, outside of the National Security issue, I think she is the most qualified on *either* ticket despite her limitations.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

My own opinion is that she has the potential to completely change the dynamic of the campaign and - critically - the media coverage, and that it was a great move. Her upside is huge in terms of voter positioning, and only if she starts screwing things up in interviews (which is very possible) will she be any worse than a safe pick worth 3 electoral votes.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is why I think it is a great move - the possibility of changing the dynamic has tremoundous upside, and the irrelevance of the VP limits the downside (assuming no gaffes).

I didn't see that happening with any of the 'official' candidates.

ASSUMING NO GAFFES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Hmm. 12 pages and counting with no end in sight. Anybody who said this VP pick wouldn't generate buzz = wrong. Anybody who said this wouldn't divide women and get more of them to go for McCain = wrong. Anybody who thinks that this is the ultimate Biden silencer = wrong. Every time they attack this lady it will be spun as attacking women in general, which brings up the whole "Hillary got a raw deal because she was a woman" thing. Cue Hannity and Limbaugh with the 24x7 phony indignation every time somebody says even the slightest negative thing about her. Biden cannot compete with her in a debate, he loses no matter what, so he better just minimize the damage. Biden is now an empty suit, and this will be a referendum on Obama-->not good for him. Now, whether Obama's people are smart enough have him stay away from her? Who knows. If he attacks her, this election is over and McCain wins big.

Jesus Christ this was stupid!!!

You wish. I wouldn't be writing her off just yet. Like I said above Palin = Biden killer. Have you ever actually seen Biden on a TV show or a debate? Not pretty. He's the choice Obama had to make. Palin is the perfect counter, and the debates will be hysterical. One way it could go: the exact opposite of Dan Quayle vs. old tired-ass Washington insider.

It's such an obvious trap as well: goading the Obamatons to make the mistake of talking about experience and keeping experience at the front = the WORST thing for Obama. Let's see if they are dumb enough to fall for it, and of course it will be the fault of everybody but themselves if they lose because of it. :rolleyes:

Obama's campaign got out-maneuvered here, plain and simple. Hopefully it doesn't represent a larger problem with them.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Obama's been in the Senate for three years and he's been "out of the office" running for president for two of those three years. She's got more military experience being the head of the Alaska National Guard than he does. She has more executive experience than Obama AND Biden have combined. She's run a business - which neither of them have either.

Granted, she's not a blowhard egomaniac like Biden, and she's never been a community orgainzer like Obama, but she was the mayor of a small town. We all know how the Dems despise rural America. She's not a millionaire like the other three, but she does hold a union card - which none of them do either.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

HahahahaHahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaASSUMING NO GAFFES??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Jesus Christ this was stupid!!!HahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

a

Yeh this stuff is hysterical in retrospect. Can we have this thread pinned for posterity? Even posters who should know better came off as clueless regarding the Wasilla Flash.

You know the worst thing about this whole Sarah Palin thing is that she is Bush III. Which tells me that people did not learn their lessons from Bush II and are still letting idiots like her and W get so close to the Whitehouse.

... those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

From Salon's War Room:

Meanwhile, those conservatives who see Palin as the future of the movement and of the Republican Party are not taking this sort of thing lying down. At Red State on Wednesday, Erick Erickson announced "Operation Leper":

***We're tracking down all the people from the McCain campaign now whispering smears against Governor Palin to Carl Cameron and others ...

We intend to constantly remind the base about these people, monitor who they are working for, and, when 2012 rolls around, see which candidates hire them. Naturally then, you'll see us go to war against those candidates.

It is our expressed intention to make these few people political lepers.

They'll just have to be stuck at CBS with Katie's failed ratings.

P.S. - ... We are rooting for Sarah Palin. Don't make us add you to our list. Do you really want to be next to Kathleen Parker in the leper colony?***

The reference to CBS is most likely an allusion to McCain aide Nicolle Wallace, who has worked there.

Don't, forget Molson, I told you there would be electoral pain for you if your "team" of phonies kept up the with your nonsense, and there already is. You are essentially tied in an election you had in the bag. But please, keep talking smack. Go ahead and lose it for yourselves again with another phony, Dan Rather fairyland story. I find your machinations wickedly entertaining.

Another terrific nugget of wisdom!