Sarah Palin

Intelligent maybe, but he is a moron of human for his arrogance. Please that guy has been discredited a long time ago.

I wonder how is Mr. Stein arrogant?

My point with my post is that those who may disagree with evolutionary teaching are automatically branded as religious kooks and morons because they dare speak against these things. Plus, those people who believe in creationism are seen as not being fit to hold government or other important office because, well, they're idiots for not believing what Darwin taught. No matter what the office may be, including VP. I don't think the office of Vice President requires a Darwin litmus test.

The current President may believe in intelligent design, but his belief in intelligent design is not what made his presidency a failure. Getting us into a quagmire of a war and the massive problems handling the aftermath of Katrina are what killed the Bush presidency. Did creationism have anything to do with those things? No. Not at all.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how is Mr. Stein arrogant?

My point with my post is that those who may disagree with evolutionary teaching are automatically branded as religious kooks and morons because they dare speak against these things. Plus, those people who believe in creationism are seen as not being fit to hold government or other important office because, well, they're idiots for not believing what Darwin taught. No matter what the office may be, including VP. I don't think the office of Vice President requires a Darwin litmus test.

The current President may believe in intelligent design, but his belief in intelligent design is not what made his presidency a failure. Getting us into a quagmire of a war and the massive problems handling the aftermath of Katrina are what killed the Bush presidency. Did creationism have anything to do with those things? No. Not at all.

Rightly or wrongly, there is a significant portion of the population who believe that anyone who believes in creativism, or wants it to be taught in schools, is borderline batschit crazy. Akin to the response of people that really believe in UFOs, or conspiracy theorists. Now, in all honesty, that criticism may be unfair. But it seems to me that it is a fact. Personally, I don't think I could ever vote for a person who believed in that, or thought it should be taught in schools, even side by side.

Rightly or wrongly, there is a significant portion of the population who believe that anyone who believes in creativism, or wants it to be taught in schools, is borderline batschit crazy. Akin to the response of people that really believe in UFOs, or conspiracy theorists. Now, in all honesty, that criticism may be unfair. But it seems to me that it is a fact. Personally, I don't think I could ever vote for a person who believed in that, or thought it should be taught in schools, even side by side.

I have no problem teaching creationism in religious ed but not in GD science class. Hard to tell what she was advocating there.

Wow, Obama campaign was totally unprepared for Palin. Even the ad released today had to be altered to include her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/us/polit...ml?ref=politics

"The Obama campaign and the Democratic Party had prepared advertisements and lines of attacks directed at the two men who had been most prominently mentioned as vice-presidential possibilities for Mr. McCain, Mitt Romney and Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, but had not considered Ms. Palin a likely enough choice to do the same for her. A new advertisement linking President Bush to Mr. McCain was quickly put together, but it contained only a fleeting mention of Ms. Palin."

Wow, Obama campaign was totally unprepared for Palin. Even the ad released today had to be altered to include her.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/us/polit...ml?ref=politics

"The Obama campaign and the Democratic Party had prepared advertisements and lines of attacks directed at the two men who had been most prominently mentioned as vice-presidential possibilities for Mr. McCain, Mitt Romney and Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, but had not considered Ms. Palin a likely enough choice to do the same for her. A new advertisement linking President Bush to Mr. McCain was quickly put together, but it contained only a fleeting mention of Ms. Palin."

And this

"Mr. Obama’s advisers said that compared with the mountains of data they had gathered on Mr. Pawlenty and Mr. Romney, they had far less information on Ms. Palin. Their dossier consisted of a thin document based mainly on her run for governor and newspaper clips about an investigation into whether she was involved in pressing a top state law enforcement official to dismiss her sister’s former husband from the state police. And, they said, given her short time in high office, there is relatively little video of her readily available.

Aides said the party was sending staff members and allies in Alaska to sort through public documents relating to Ms. Palin’s time in the governor’s mansion, her two terms as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, and her two terms as a member of the Wasilla City Council. "

As my wife just said "These were unprepared and can't even keep a secret, and they want to run the country?"

And this

"Mr. Obama’s advisers said that compared with the mountains of data they had gathered on Mr. Pawlenty and Mr. Romney, they had far less information on Ms. Palin. Their dossier consisted of a thin document based mainly on her run for governor and newspaper clips about an investigation into whether she was involved in pressing a top state law enforcement official to dismiss her sister’s former husband from the state police. And, they said, given her short time in high office, there is relatively little video of her readily available.

Aides said the party was sending staff members and allies in Alaska to sort through public documents relating to Ms. Palin’s time in the governor’s mansion, her two terms as mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, and her two terms as a member of the Wasilla City Council. "

As my wife just said "These were unprepared and can't even keep a secret, and they want to run the country?"

So even though the entire world, virtually all news organizations, virtually all Republicans and Democrats, and virtually all citizens were surprised if not shocked by the choice, you're criticizing the Obama team for not predicting it? Christ, dude, McCain didn't even know her.

So even though the entire world, virtually all news organizations, virtually all Republicans and Democrats, and virtually all citizens were surprised if not shocked by the choice, you're criticizing the Obama team for not predicting it? Christ, dude, McCain didn't even know her.

She was on every list, even I had read as much as I could about her the last 2 weeks. Obama's staff was lazy, they shouldn't have put all their eggs in 3 baskets and listened to the media that's in the tank for them.

She was on every list, even I had read as much as I could about her the last 2 weeks. Obama's staff was lazy, they shouldn't have put all their eggs in 3 baskets and listened to the media that's in the tank for them.

And one step further, weren't even prepared for a woman....

Your own post was they knew about her and investigated and had pages on her, they just didn't spend much time getting information to trash her because they figured that McCain wasn't ready to just throw up a Hail Mary yet. But he was.

And this

Hmm because they focused on guys who might actually be qualified?

She was on the short list...it was no secret. Maybe they figured McCain surely not would be so arrogant (or stupid) to choose someone who is currently under investigation in her own state for questionable hiring/firing and tampering with government employees? Of course in the great state of Alaska, this is a small crime compared to all the rest of the corruption there.

Meaning no disrespect to your wife, but for which channel is she a political analyst? I must have missed her.

06 she was all for it.

True. But still, if you had to say whether she was for or against it, and she said yes early on, during the race for the governorship, but then when she got there shut it down, I would have to say she was against it.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...to-nowhere.aspx

Then again, you could call her a flip-flopper. :worthy:

True. But still, if you had to say whether she was for or against it, and she said yes early on, during the race for the governorship, but then when she got there shut it down, I would have to say she was against it.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...to-nowhere.aspx

Then again, you could call her a flip-flopper. :worthy:

Or a liar to get votes.

I have no problem teaching creationism in religious ed but not in GD science class. Hard to tell what she was advocating there.

Me too!.... Intelligent design, an nicer conotated word for creationism is based on an specific understanding of religious text and should be taught as such. Science should be taught separately and if one would want to teach a comparative class of science and religion it should be taught as an elective and include the texts and/or fundamentals of all religions in order to be fair and balanced. Oh yeah that is called Religious Studies included in a section of my history class....

I believe God did create earth, universe etc., but that science is what we use to understand it (God's creation). Views of the Bible that pick fights with science, do understand the wide berth the Bible gives for the inclusion of science and evolution within it and therefore should be taught as a separate religious class, not related to science.

True. But still, if you had to say whether she was for or against it, and she said yes early on, during the race for the governorship, but then when she got there shut it down, I would have to say she was against it. http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...to-nowhere.aspxThen again, you could call her a flip-flopper. :worthy:
Nevermind. put someone on who actually heard or read what the nom said on Fri.