Sarah Palin

Again, I don't think you made the case that this was Palin driven and not campaign driven.

If you are trying to sell me on the fact that this campaign was mishandled and all over the map on message, well... duh. Surely it was. It was one contradiction after another. The fact that it was extended to Palin is not a surprise to me.

I think it was equal parts both, and I think if she was this person she said she was, she would have ordered nice new suits not extravagant $5000 ensembles totally more than 150K, nor would she order gucci bags for her daughters.

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was equal parts both, and I think if she was this person she said she was, she would have ordered nice new suits not extravagant $5000 ensembles totally more than 150K, nor would she order gucci bags for her daughters.

Did she order Gucci bags for her daughters or were they supplied to her?

That is the point I'm making - clearly she was complicit, maybe even an enthusiastic supporter, but it is hard to separate her actions from the campaigns actions.

And I stand by my point earlier, politics is so much about image these days. Obama spent far more on image than she did. It was just spent a different way. I also think he campaigned as a man of the people. This doesn't excuse or validate the campaign's decisions - it just is what it is.

What McCain's "selection" of Palin represents to America is the same old policies that have led us down a primrose path to where we are now. While the cons still worship at the alter of Ronald...McDonald and all that is corporate America, the people said shove it. If the Right in this country still wants to put up people like Palin for office, in the misguided attempt that they have to turn more rightward (how can they?), they will lose at every turn.

New generation and all that.

Fat, drunk and stupid and still continuing to fight against the '60's is no way to go through life.....especially if you want to win elections in today's clime.

Does anyone get the impression that Sarah had no idea who Bill Ayers was before August?

Unofficial Poll:

Are you a resident of Alaska?

Yes:

No:

If yes, you can keep b*tching about Sarah Palin

If no, STFU

cute, but we all have free reign to criticize her, as she could have been potentially a heartbeat away from being our President. Kinda like the right wingers can criticize Ted Kennedy, who could have been President if he hadn't killed a girl while drunk driving.

One final anecdote from that Newsweek series:

The day of the third debate, Palin refused to go onstage with New Hampshire GOP Sen. John Sununu and Jeb Bradley, a New Hampshire congressman running for the Senate, because they were pro-choice and because Bradley opposed drilling in Alaska. The McCain campaign ordered her onstage at the next campaign stop, but she refused to acknowledge the two Republican candidates standing behind her.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...chronicles.aspx

If the Republican party clings to her, they'll get whupped again next election. Her novelty has worn off. She does not appeal to normal people, only radical right-wing nutjobs. if she were a man, people would have written her off after two weeks, and been a LOT harder on her.

Fortunately for America the people who really think she's the future of the Republican party are a loud, but numerically very small, minority. The real Republicans are starting to wake up and I hope they retake their party soon. We need rational people who can contribute to building something instead of relying upon tearing it down.

Here's wishing the official Republican Hate Machine a swift and painful death.

One final anecdote from that Newsweek series:

The day of the third debate, Palin refused to go onstage with New Hampshire GOP Sen. John Sununu and Jeb Bradley, a New Hampshire congressman running for the Senate, because they were pro-choice and because Bradley opposed drilling in Alaska. The McCain campaign ordered her onstage at the next campaign stop, but she refused to acknowledge the two Republican candidates standing behind her.

http://blogs.tnr.com/tnr/blogs/the_plank/a...chronicles.aspx

:ph34r:

John Sununu pro-choice? <_<

Hey look BH, one of your retarded minions bumped your favorite thread! :wallbash:

Why is she mulling a run for U.S. Senate? Wouldn't that be a demotion from all that great executive experience she's been getting "running" Alaska?

Maybe she figures if she spends two years in the Senate (most of that time spent running for President) she'll be considered fully qualified for the office.

Awwwww the crybaby's feelings are still hurt after losing the election!

Yes you are, evidently. I'd think you'd be happy if your guy won but instead you just keep on whining about nonsense and displaying your ignorance at every turn.

Makes for some amusing reading though!