Rock you like a hurricane

I find it really ironic that a potentially lethal storm is on path to hit New Orleans (let's hope it doesn't) almost exactly three years after Katrina, while the republicons hold their convention.

If it does hit NOLA hard you might as well turn the lights out for the GOP this election.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0808/548514.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it helps McCain...He's for offshore drilling...and would prove his point. We seem to only have rigs in the gulf which is prone to hurricanes. Alaska, California and the east coast of Florida are much less prone to hurricanes.

I find it really ironic that a potentially lethal storm is on path to hit New Orleans (let's hope it doesn't) almost exactly three years after Katrina, while the republicons hold their convention.

If it does hit NOLA hard you might as well turn the lights out for the GOP this election.

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0808/548514.html

Don't worry I'm sure FEMA will be right on it if necessary! :worthy:

Sorry to disappoint you, but I nave read reports that they will cut out the frivolity, might have some of the speeches taped so that the speakers can help out, and ask for donations during the convention. Lets see if the lame stream media mentions how much better prepared this governor is than the previous one.

Then it helps McCain...He's for offshore drilling...and would prove his point. We seem to only have rigs in the gulf which is prone to hurricanes. Alaska, California and the east coast of Florida are much less prone to hurricanes.

Let's see what Hanna does in Gustav's wake... It could get ugly with these two.

:worthy:B-)

The east coast of FL is still soaked from the several feet of rain they got before. I think things are still flooded in a lot of places there.

Yeah and the rain continues. Were getting hit by the bands from gustav today. HEAVY winds are coming through as well. I was just watching my car rock from side to side and I'm in freakin' West Palm! It's all calm at the moment but we can't take too much more rain w/out flooding setting in so here's hoping that Hanna stays away.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I nave read reports that they will cut out the frivolity, might have some of the speeches taped so that the speakers can help out, and ask for donations during the convention. Lets see if the lame stream media mentions how much better prepared this governor is than the previous one.

If Jindal and LA isn't far, far, far more prepared than last time the he should be impeached immediately. The Bush Administration failed miserably last time. Can't be any worse this time around. Hell, if the Bush people show up it'll be an improvement.