Congratulations UB Bulls

PromoTheRobot

It stinks that the radio coverage switched from GR to 1230. I live in Eastern Niagara County and can't pick up 1230 unless I go out and sit in my car.

UB games are simulcast on 1340 WLVL in Lockport. They should cover you fine.

PTR

It stinks that the radio coverage switched from GR to 1230. I live in Eastern Niagara County and can't pick up 1230 unless I go out and sit in my car.

Pssst - if you've got a computer with a speaker, they're webcasting it on WECK. Some dude named Riter doing pre/postgames.

Or, as Promo mentioned, LVL is now part of the Brad Riter Radio Network ...

An amazing game. It wasn't long ago that it was UB on the receiving end of a beatdown like that. 42-17 win. 16,000+ in attendance. Drew Willy 4 TD passes. UB runners gaining 284 yards total. D with 3 INTs. Total domination of a UTEP team that averaged 33 points a game last season.

Another amazing part was the end of the game. Buffalo, by the end running at will on UTEP, had the ball on the 3 yard line. Instead of running the score to 49, they take a knee. Very classy move.

Seeing UB play that well makes me want to make the drive to Pitt next Saturday. They may have a shot. FYI, the UTEP game is being replayed on TWS13 in Buffalo 7pm Friday and 12noon Saturday. The UB/Pitt game is on SNY Saturday 9/6 at 6pm. Go Bulls.

PTR

Bad news...this may impact next year's payoff for selling themselves as an early-season duckpin to the big boys who pay nice cash to pump up their early season rankings.

Bad news...this may impact next year's payoff for selling themselves as an early-season duckpin to the big boys who pay nice cash to pump up their early season rankings.

That very well may be true...but the positive impact all this has on their ability to recruit better and better players makes is worth it for sure. Plus its just nice having them win once in a while and get some respect.

So they're no longer everyone's preferred Homecoming cupcake?

There are worse things ...

66 - 10 PSU victory over their contracted cupcake? :D

Ask Pitt how their season opening cupcake worked out? FYI: A little back story on the Pitt game Saturday...Drew Willy was recruited by Dave Wannstadt to come to Pitt then changed his mind and left him hanging. Meanwhile Pitt AD Steve Pederson denied Turner Gill the chance to even be interim HC when he was Nebraska's AD and fired Frank Solich. So there may be a little extra incentive to hang another doughnut on the Panthers.

PTR

Ask Pitt how their season opening cupcake worked out? FYI: A little back story on the Pitt game Saturday...Drew Willy was recruited by Dave Wannstadt to come to Pitt then changed his mind and left him hanging. Meanwhile Pitt AD Steve Pederson denied Turner Gill the chance to even be interim HC when he was Nebraska's AD and fired Frank Solich. So there may be a little extra incentive to hang another doughnut on the Panthers.

PTR

My guess is it was more 'bout cleaning house than it was a reflection on Gill's abilities (Gill was one of the top recruiters in college football when he was coaching for the Huskers).