Congratulations UB Bulls

PromoTheRobot

An amazing game. It wasn't long ago that it was UB on the receiving end of a beatdown like that. 42-17 win. 16,000+ in attendance. Drew Willy 4 TD passes. UB runners gaining 284 yards total. D with 3 INTs. Total domination of a UTEP team that averaged 33 points a game last season.

Another amazing part was the end of the game. Buffalo, by the end running at will on UTEP, had the ball on the 3 yard line. Instead of running the score to 49, they take a knee. Very classy move.

Seeing UB play that well makes me want to make the drive to Pitt next Saturday. They may have a shot. FYI, the UTEP game is being replayed on TWS13 in Buffalo 7pm Friday and 12noon Saturday. The UB/Pitt game is on SNY Saturday 9/6 at 6pm. Go Bulls.

PTR

An amazing game. It wasn't long ago that it was UB on the receiving end of a beatdown like that. 42-17 win. 16,000+ in attendance. Drew Willy 4 TD passes. UB runners gaining 284 yards total. D with 3 INTs. Total domination of a UTEP team that averaged 33 points a game last season.

Another amazing part was the end of the game. Buffalo, by the end running at will on UTEP, had the ball on the 3 yard line. Instead of running the score to 49, they take a knee. Very classy move.

Seeing UB play that well makes me want to make the drive to Pitt next Saturday. They may have a shot. FYI, the UTEP game is being replayed on TWS13 in Buffalo 7pm Friday and 12noon Saturday. The UB/Pitt game is on SNY Saturday 9/6 at 6pm. Go Bulls.

PTR

Sounded very impressive on the radio. With that kind of offense, next week could actually get interesting.

Biggest thing for them next week, CONTAIN. LESEAN. MCCOY. The rest can fall into place.

PTR

It was a great time. Really glad I made the jump for seasons this year. They are an entertaining team and Turner can just flat out coach. All I could think of last night was Mike Price saying to himself "I could have been at Alabama making $2mm/year. Instead I'm getting my a** kicked in Buffalo." Guess you really shouldn't lie on your resume.

Great game indeed. Turner Gil is really a savior. I hope he stays in Buffalo for at least 3-5 years. He can coach but his recruiting is what he does best. He turned around last years team with guys he inherited. I can only imagine what the team will be like when he's been recruiting here for a few more seasons.

Next week they play an extremely overrated Pittsburgh team that's ranked #25 somehow. With UB's offense, they can make some noise in that game if the defense holds up. It should be a good test to see how close they are to becoming a Top 50 team. I think computer rankings have them at #67 right now which is unbelieveable considering they were at #119 for what seemed like forever.

Great to see UB start off 1-0. What an awesome win. Drew Willy looks to have a fantastic season and I was impressed that the UB D actually held a team under 100 yds rushing. I don't care who it is...that's a good sign. We know they have the offense, but if they can trot out a decent D, it will be a helluva season.

It was a great time. Really glad I made the jump for seasons this year. They are an entertaining team and Turner can just flat out coach. All I could think of last night was Mike Price saying to himself "I could have been at Alabama making $2mm/year. Instead I'm getting my a** kicked in Buffalo." Guess you really shouldn't lie on your resume.

What's really funny is Price scheduled this home-and-home with UB because he needed a creampuff to start his season. How things change in two years, Mike.

I watched the whole 2nd half on TV after we left the snoozefest at the Ralph...I wish we would have went to the UB game

The crowd was listed as 16,656. It looked like that, not just tickets distributed. Lower decks were full. One thing UB fans need to work on is their energy. Maybe it's that open stadium design but there hardly was any noise. They need to learn to get fired up.

any UB cheerleader sightings?

Sexy, drunk Buffalo girls? Or disinterested, large-nosed Long Island girls?

UTEP brought their cheerleaders. Their contingent were being pretty arrogant when they tied the game, then somehow we didn't hear a peep from them the rest of the night. :thumbsup:

Here are the game stats

Buffalo News story

PTR

Nice to see the output by UB. I had UTEP to win their division in CUSA, beating out Tulsa and SMU. This was a great start for the Bulls and I look forward to seeing them in action on the 13th vs Temple.

I have a feeling I will be running into you that day...

I have a feeling I will be running into you that day...

I'll be there as well.

We all know Willy is, or could be, a really really good QB. The problem is, he can never stay healthy. The Bulls will look like a Bowl team for the next 3 weeks until Willy starts in with whatever ailment keeps him out of games this year.

Congrats to UB. My alma mater, Ball State kicked ass last night as well, and have three of the best offensive weapons in the country. I'm so pumped about this season because Ball State has it's best team in school history, with two possible first round NFL picks next year.

Outside of Miami of Ohio being drubbed at home last night, which is a little disappointing, the MAC schools put the smack down on non-conference opponents last night, and that's a good thing.

Ball State will kick the sh-- out of Navy next Friday, at home, on ESPN. Can't wait. Pretty decent start for the MAC.

PTR

Great game and a lot of fun! The non-UB student crowd needs to pick it up a notch. I think that will come with winning though. This is one of the most amazing things I have ever read about UB football:

Miners coach Mike Price was asked about their next opponent, the No.‚11-ranked Texas Longhorns. He talked about "making everything right" in the biggest game in school history.

Then almost under his breath, Price said, "Man, I hope they're not as good as Buffalo."

Has Gill turned this program around or what....GO BULLS!!!

Buff News article

I'll be there as well.

We all know Willy is, or could be, a really really good QB. The problem is, he can never stay healthy. The Bulls will look like a Bowl team for the next 3 weeks until Willy starts in with whatever ailment keeps him out of games this year.

Where is that coming from? Willy played every game last year. He only had one significant injury in the last 3 seasons.

PTR

I was at the Hurricane game last night and during a lull, the scoreboard flashed the Bulls score, I cheered and people wondered wha the h*ll I was doing.

That is funny. I was there and had the same reaction when I saw the UB score flash.

As for the Hurricane game, I could not help but feel sorry for Charleston Southern. The Hurricanes tried desperately to get one of the top 50 teams to fill that slot, but they all refused to do so.

The Gator game should be an interesting test.