Scout.com says Peters may be back monday

Fingon

They "want to keep him for a long time"??? How have they demonstrated that? By making him one of the lowest paid pro bowlers in the league? Its a little late to worry about damaging their relationship with Peters.

Would you stop!! They made him one of the highest paid undrafted free agents in the league at one time. Seems you neglect to mention that anytime in your posts. We all want Peters back but your constant ball-washing is getting annoying. Have you thought about Peters damaging his relationship with his teammates?

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were doomed w/o Peters initially, but not anymore. Our OL has thoroughly impressed me this pre-season. Walker has played SOLID at the LT spot even though he said he added weight to play the RT position. Demetrius Bell has also looked good I think. The young man has good footwork and pretty good technique, now all he has to do is hit the weightroom and add some strength. Dockery and even, dare I say, Fowler has looked solid IMO. Preston has played well. I think that we can still have a good year without the guy so :thumbsup: him and let'm do whatever he wants. He's only screwing himself.

He's convinced Peters will demand a trade at the end of the year. Don't ask me why.

Please link to a post where I ever said Peters will demand to be traded.

What I have said is that if Peters actually did holdout during the regular season, something I also have said is unlikley, the team would be foolish to just have him sit home forever. If they can't get him on the field, ultimately it would be better to trade him.

Other than using the word "trade" in a sentence, that position has nothing to do with what you claim I have said.

Parker couldn't care less about Peters playing under the current contract, 'cause Parker makes nothing off that.

So this is all on Peters, really. Does he want to throw his NFL career in the toilet? Is the guy fierce competitor who wants to play football so badly that he just can't stand idling about while his teammates start their march to the Superbowl? Is the guy a football player, or a selfish bum?

Most holdouts start to get antsy around mid August. See Steven Jackson and Hines Ward.

In Peters, Parker may have found someone willing to stay in it for the long haul.

We may be looking at a situation where Parker will do something so damaging that the NFL and NFLPA decide to change the rules, again. http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stor...ewscolumn3.html

i hope this is true but if Peters is back on monday,practices for a week,is in good shape and has a decent grasp of the new system i hope we start him and bring langston back to right tackle. GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Grasping" an NFL system, even for a vet, isn't as easy as you may think. The learning curve will be steep, and it will take time. I think if he shows Monday he doesn't even dress until Week 2. Don't forget the health our of skill players are at serious risk with each mistake a LT makes. In a live game is not the place to be learning. This is what Peters has done to the team and to himself.

I thought we were doomed w/o Peters initially, but not anymore. Our OL has thoroughly impressed me this pre-season. Walker has played SOLID at the LT spot even though he said he added weight to play the RT position. Demetrius Bell has also looked good I think. The young man has good footwork and pretty good technique, now all he has to do is hit the weightroom and add some strength. Dockery and even, dare I say, Fowler has looked solid IMO. Preston has played well. I think that we can still have a good year without the guy so :thumbsup: him and let'm do whatever he wants. He's only screwing himself.

Your imagination is running wild.

WGR did a web poll yesterday.

60% of the people think the Bills should bench Peters for the entire 2008 season.

:thumbsup:

I'd like the see the Wonderlic scores for the people who voted yes, talk about single digits. They are letting their personal feelings get in the way of thinking logically. Does Peters look bad for holding out? Yes. Would he be fired in the real world? Yes. Is professional sports, from an athlete's perspective, the real world? Hell no! We need to keep our emotions at bay on this one and think about this differently. If JP was hurt the first day of training camp and didn't return to practice until a week before the season opener, would Bills fans want to get him in the lineup? Of course!! The bottom line is, the Bills are a better team with JP at LT. So when he reports to the Bills, they need to get him into game shape quickly and get him in the lineup as soon as they can. GO BILLS!!!!

Most holdouts start to get antsy around mid August. See Steven Jackson and Hines Ward.

In Peters, Parker may have found someone willing to stay in it for the long haul.

We may be looking at a situation where Parker will do something that is so damaging that the NFL and NFLPA decide to change the rules, again. http://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/stor...ewscolumn3.html

I came across that article at some point during one of these marathon "OMFG WE MUST BOW TO JASON AND GIVE HIM EVERYTHING HE ASKS FOR" debates, but as long as the Bills hold firm, there's really nothing Peckerhead Parker can do that will allow Peckerhead Peters to do anything but play under his current contract, or sit out, ruin his career, and earn ZILCH.

"Grasping" an NFL system, even for a vet, isn't as easy as you may think. The learning curve will be steep, and it will take time. I think if he shows Monday he doesn't even dress until Week 2. Don't forget the health our of skill players are at serious risk with each mistake a LT makes. In a live game is not the place to be learning. This is what Peters has done to the team and to himself.

I believe Turk said the terminology is the same, that helps a lot. The only thing he would really need to learn, in a week, is the audible system. Otherwise, standing next to Dockery in the huddle, and the two seconds it takes to walk to the line, Dockery could tell him for sure everything he needs to know about his assignment. He may sit a week, but not any more, IMO.

They also may not want to spend the time on him during the week, that would take away from all the other players, as they get ready for the first game. In other words, he could probably play but it wouldn't be worth it overall to the team to get him ready. That is another way he is hurting his team. But it will probably last only a week.

If this rumor is true and he reports, are you going to hope that he fails this year? Are you that angry at him?

If I may, allow me to suggest rooting for a great LT to protect a potentially great qb and open holes for a potentially great rb.

Sounds like fun? :beer:

Come on, now Bill - my rants about JP pale by comparison to your rants about the other JP. :beer:

I could never hope any Bills player fails, because every player is a critical part of the teams success. Unless, of course, that player is sitting home stuffing his face with pizza, Chinese takeout, and barbecue while the entire rest of the team is working their asses off, nursing their gameday bumps and bruises, and playing through the pain 'cause they're so hungry to win.

When (or should I say 'IF') Peters comes back, if he plays at the high level that you're so certain he's still capable, I'll welcome him back 'into the fold' and cheer as hard for him as I do for every other Buffalo Bills player.

Time, and winning, heals all wounds!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :thumbsup:

I came across that article at some point during one of these marathon "OMFG WE MUST BOW TO JASON AND GIVE HIM EVERYTHING HE ASKS FOR" debates, but as long as the Bills hold firm, there's really nothing Peckerhead Parker can do that will allow Peckerhead Peters to do anything but play under his current contract, or sit out, ruin his career, and earn ZILCH.

My point is simple. I think Parker has a plan B for dealing with the situation if the Bills hold firm.

I don't know what it is.

I hope his plan B is; send Peters back to work and try again next year. But, I doubt it.

The more I read about Parker, the more I want the Bills to hold their ground. Not because I think it's the best for the team. I just want to see what will happen when Parker doesn't get his way. It should be interesting.

This is what the front office has done to Peters, the team and to itself.

My point is simple. I think Parker has a plan B for dealing with the situation if the Bills hold firm.

I don't know what it is.

I hope his plan B is; send Peters back to work and try again next year. But, I doubt it.

The more I read about Parker, the more I want the Bills to hold their ground. Not because I think it's the best for the team. I just want to see what will happen when Parker doesn't get his way. It should be interesting.

I have to believe that he doesn't want to miss a game paycheck. I knew he had a unique situation but I never thought is was so unique so as to potentially lead to a regular season hold out which is a doomsday scenario for all involved, the team, Peters, the front office and the fans.

There is still time for it to get resolved before that and as a fan, you just have to hope it does.

It's not Jauron's style to sit a player based upon a grudge -- that's the most unbelievable part of this rumor. If Peters comes back, he'll be inserted into the lineup as soon as the coaches are convinced he's ready, and he won't be held out as any sort of "punishment."

Players who report so late usually end up injured if you play them too much too soon. He probably will be worked into the lineup.

I believe Turk said the terminology is the same, that helps a lot. The only thing he would really need to learn, in a week, is the audible system. Otherwise, standing next to Dockery in the huddle, and the two seconds it takes to walk to the line, Dockery could tell him for sure everything he needs to know about his assignment. He may sit a week, but not any more, IMO.

They also may not want to spend the time on him during the week, that would take away from all the other players, as they get ready for the first game. In other words, he could probably play but it wouldn't be worth it overall to the team to get him ready. That is another way he is hurting his team. But it will probably last only a week.

Any way you slice it, it is a tough position for a coach to be in. I just hope that Jauron gets to wrestle with it sooner rather than later.

What do you think the odds are of him holding out for any portion of the regular season?

I think the national sports media is going to start to give this issue more coverage. They love controversey and they can't make every story about Bret.

So what if Peters comes back and the Bills dont redo his contract?

Peters maybe a disgruntled worker and whoever is at qb maybe eating alot more turf than they did last season.If they dont redo his contract,are we to believe he will play at a probowl level,or will his play drop off the deep end?Its a very touchy situation and can only hope the Bills pay him.