ESPN chat w/Tony Dungy

Is that more of an insult than a compliment? :rolleyes:

Not at all. After the way that we played last season, our play this season will be a fluke until we start to prove ourselves consistently. Even though alot of people are calling for us to be a good team this year, it doesn't mean that we're good yet. Playing well in two straight games (albeit preseason) is at the very least a good start in the right direction.

Personally, Tony Dungy never ceases to impress me. Truely inspirational demeanor. IMO, he single handedly made all the clamor of black head coaches dissolve away into history. I think he's the most credible and best face of the modern day NFL.

I give full credence to any opinion he offers regarding anything NFL related. As such, I take his comments about the Bills as a warning to every team on our schedule not to take the Bills lightly.

Just my opinion.

The Bills were so physical, they knocked the Colts' starting center, Jeff Saturday, out for 6 weeks, and longer if he needs surgery.

That fact can not be said loud enough. Losing him will mean a lot to the Colts, without a doubt.

Has Tony Dungy ever said anything negative about any team? He's a classy guy. Did you expect him to say No? Or something like: "Not really. They won't surprise anyone. They are terrible."

No, and I think that's to the point. With a guy like him, it's what he doesn't say that turns a out to represent negatives. ( :rolleyes: I think that came out wrong..) I haven't seen him throw flowers at anybody or team that wasn't worthy of praise, so if he doesn't say anything about another team, I think it means he believes they suck -or words to that effect..

Hope this clears it up. <_<

Has Tony Dungy ever said anything negative about any team? He's a classy guy. Did you expect him to say No? Or something like: "Not really. They won't surprise anyone. They are terrible."

Exactly! It's irrelevant. Of course a guy like him is not going to trash anyone. He probably said something nice about the '07 Dolphins, too.

No...I disagree...that was a gush about a team....you don't say something like that unless its you actually mean it. If he thought the Bills sucked he would have said something like "Well, they played well, but we didn't play anywhere near our capabilities, so we made it a lot easier than it should have been..." or something like that...basically he would have deflected the good that we did and made it more about how bad they had played...

Personally, Tony Dungy never ceases to impress me. Truely inspirational demeanor. IMO, he single handedly made all the clamor of black head coaches dissolve away into history. I think he's the most credible and best face of the modern day NFL.

I give full credence to any opinion he offers regarding anything NFL related. As such, I take his comments about the Bills as a warning to every team on our schedule not to take the Bills lightly.

Just my opinion.

Ditto. He's a class act