The Temple of Obama or The Barackopolis

What fuggin Democratic think tank came up with this brilliant plan for tonight? You can ALWAYS, ALWAYS count on them to do something so monumentally stupid that it costs them....ladies and gentlemen, I give you the The Temple of Obama, or The Barackopolis if you prefer.

PIC

Said one Democrat: "This is a disaster of mythical proportions." Said another: "It's not enough that he wants to be president -- he wants to be Zeus." Said the first: "Will he send down thunderbolts from the mountain?"

Those are the Democrats -- though assuredly not Obama partisans. Cue the Republicans: The RNC blasted around an e-mail referring to the "Temple of Obama."

"Tomorrow you're going to see Obama come down from Olympus to be among us mere mortals," Michael Steele, the former lieutenant governor of Maryland, told reporters in Denver.

What fuggin Democratic think tank came up with this brilliant plan for tonight? You can ALWAYS, ALWAYS count on them to do something so monumentally stupid that it costs them....ladies and gentlemen, I give you the The Temple of Obama, or The Barackopolis if you prefer.

PIC

Picture for tomorrow's papers?

Sorry. It worked fine when I tried it after I posted it. Went to my other computer (a Mac) and got the not found notice. I guess it used tehe cached image even after I closed and reopened Firefox on the PC.

It was a photo of the Nuremberg Rallies with columns in it.

BHO is not fit to even carry MLK's jock strap.

MLK was a republican.

Remember the main people that were opposing civil rights in 1963 were Al Gore Sr., Robert Byrd and William Fullbright. All dems.

I'll go with Temple of Obama. Has a nice ring to it.

PLEEEEEASE have them darken the whole stadium and put a big spotlight on him when he walks out like they do at the start of hockey games! :sick:

Spotlight??? What the hell are you talking about? As he walks on stage a rumble of thunder will come from the heavens, the clouds will part and a bright light will shine on him. Angels will sing, we will all smile and look at the stars as God's daisy chain, and we will at the moment know that all is right in the world. Damn, I get a chill running up my leg just thinking about it.

Yeah...and it's not like he was already the POTUS or anything. :sick:

And did Bush also move the scene from the convention floor to a nearby stadium so he could have 3 times as many people in the crowd? :sick:

I love how to Republicans being popular and having enthusiastic supporters is a bad thing. Enjoy the wilderness.

Yeah...and it's not like he was already the POTUS or anything. :sick:

And did Bush also move the scene from the convention floor to a nearby stadium so he could have 3 times as many people in the crowd? :sick:

You forgot, and throw a couple of concerts at the same time.

Spotlight??? What the hell are you talking about? As he walks on stage a rumble of thunder will come from the heavens, the clouds will part and a bright light will shine on him. Angels will sing, we will all smile and look at the stars as God's daisy chain, and we will at the moment know that all is right in the world. Damn, I get a chill running up my leg just thinking about it.

Change your depends, you're leaking again.

I don't know if those Greek columns way in the background that no one noticed until 4 years later are quite the same thing as building a Greek temple in a football stadium for Obama's coronation. :sick:

Right.................

BHO is not fit to even carry MLK's jock strap.

MLK was a republican.

Remember the main people that were opposing civil rights in 1963 were Al Gore Sr., Robert Byrd and William Fullbright. All dems.

Why do people get hung up on names?... They mean nothing... Ideology tends to shift and change.

Republican and Democrat are names only... Things do change. Most African-Americans were Republicans, as the Republicans were the "party of Lincoln." Things started changing with African-Americans leaving the GOP in droves... Especially down south after the 1927 Mississippi River flood and the raw deal they received... Especially in the New Orleans area.

Southern Democrats are Republicans today. The three you mentioned above did resist the ideological change at first... Yet, fell in line with their party accepting the change eventually. They could have easily changed to the GOP and been fully embraced.