• Jindal
    • Lieberman
    • Pawlenty
    • Portman
    • Rice
    • Ridge
    • Romney
    • Other

I'm going out on a limb, and predicting that the biggest suprise of the year will be the below-the-radar tapping of Colin Powell.

McCain will charge his perceived weakness head-on (his age), and America will respond with delight at the prospect of 'Grumpy Old Men' smackin' around the dweebs.

I'm going out on a limb, and predicting that the biggest suprise of the year will be the below-the-radar tapping of Colin Powell.

McCain will charge his perceived weakness head-on (his age), and America will respond with delight at the prospect of 'Grumpy Old Men' smackin' around the dweebs.

Powell hasn't even decided who he's going to endorse, and he's still P.O.'d about how he was used by the Bush administration to promote the Iraq invasion at the U.N.. And has he said his views on abortion rights, the Repub litmus test?

If it's Romney, since the Repubs say picking Biden showed Obama's lack of foreign policy experience, it will show McCain's lack of economic experience. And if it's Pawlenty, since the Repubs say Obama is too inexperienced to be President, it will show a similar lack of experience for a VP who be a heartbeat away from taking over for a 72 year old. So either of those frontrunners would be hypocratical to the Repub message.

I wonder if the Fox News analysts (Karl Rove and co.) will actually criticize McCain for announcing his VP pick on a Friday. Last week they made a big deal about Obama showing his "inexperience" by announcing his VP pick on a Friday (i.e. the slowest news day of the week).

I wonder if the Fox News analysts (Karl Rove and co.) will actually criticize McCain for announcing his VP pick on a Friday. Last week they made a big deal about Obama showing his "inexperience" by announcing his VP pick on a Friday (i.e. the slowest news day of the week).

The convention scheduling (Only 3 days separating the conventions) puts McCain in a tight spot about timing his VP announcement

Pick it today and it gets overshadowed by Obama's nomination speech

Pick it tomorrow and try to steal some of Obama's spotlight

Pick it over the weekend and fewer people will pay attention

Convention starts Monday

Oh yeah that's right, like the Bush twins helped the economy in the early 2000's by trying to consume excess, unsold alcohol.

Not as much as Chelsea at the DKE parties at Stanford (info came from a DKE member).

Not as much as Chelsea at the DKE parties at Stanford (info came from a DKE member).

Oh no. College kids drink. You two deserve each other.

I wish McCain could find a woman he liked to be the VP candidate. That would rile people and take advantage of that Hillary resentment crowd. Do it John!

I hope he doesn't pick Romney but I think he will. Ugh.

Oh no. College kids drink. You two deserve each other.

I wish McCain could find a woman he liked to be the VP candidate. That would rile people and take advantage of that Hillary resentment crowd. Do it John!

I hope he doesn't pick Romney but I think he will. Ugh.

Unfortunately the only one mentioned to date to be under consideration is Carly Fiorina. It's bad enough we have politicians in office, I really don't want to see a marketer in the #2 slot.

Unfortunately the only one mentioned to date to be under consideration is Carly Fiorina. It's bad enough we have politicians in office, I really don't want to see a marketer in the #2 slot.

Hutchinson is getting WAY more mentions than Fiorina.

I liked this quote from McCain today.

As for bland, McCain at least added a little color to the overwhelming blandness musing that he may pick actor Wilford Brimley.

“He’s a former marine and great guy and he’s older than I am, so that might work,” he said.

Discrediting real military service seemed to work well in the last election.

But you're right, getting shot down in a plane is certainly automatic presidential material. :rolleyes:

I don't think most Americans consider McCain's years of service to his country as simply "getting shot down in a plane." <_<

The man served his country honorably and went to war. Dismissing his service because he was shot down is a slap in the face to him and to pretty much any other former POW. I would hope most people have enough respect for our military men and women not to stoop that low on behalf of their political party.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, good idea. The Dems should definitely make military service the focus of this election. <_<

Actually maybe they should-

2004- Bush beats Kerry

2000- Bush beats Gore

1996- Clinton beats Dole

1992- Clinton beats Bush

1988- Both candidates had active millitary experience

1984- I have no clue about Mondale

1980- Reagan beats Carter

Discrediting real military service seemed to work well in the last election.

But you're right, getting shot down in a plane is certainly automatic presidential material. :sick:

Better than the other candidate who has known friendships with a terroist who bombed our biggest military building (the pentagon).

I don't think most Americans consider McCain's years of service to his country as simply "getting shot down in a plane." :sick:

The man served his country honorably and went to war. Dismissing his service because he was shot down is a slap in the face to him and to pretty much any other former POW. I would hope most people have enough respect for our military men and women not to stoop that low on behalf of their political party.

No-one's disputing his service but spending six years in a hole does not make him qualified to be President. On the other hand, spending 22 years with the bottle doesn't either.

But when the guy who served his country honorably kowtows to the drunk who thinks Putin has a soul, believes that life is back to normal in New Orleans and really believes that smart people fell for his Saddam = 9/11 bull sh--, well, you REALLY have to wonder if the former is any better qualified to lead than the latter.

Later.