Lee Evans

So what are the odds that the Bills will re-sign Lee Evans? His contract is up soon, and knowing Ralph, I could see the Bills letting him slip away(i hope not). they're great at losing their first rounders.

I ask because I don't know if i should buy a Lee Evans jersey this year. I hate having jerseys of players the bills traded. any thoughts?

So what are the odds that the Bills will re-sign Lee Evans? His contract is up soon, and knowing Ralph, I could see the Bills letting him slip away(i hope not). they're great at losing their first rounders.

I ask because I don't know if i should buy a Lee Evans jersey this year. I hate having jerseys of players the bills traded. any thoughts?

How well do you know Ralph? Were you his dinner guest tonight?

I was at the fair the other night and a guy was hawking a bunch of bills jerseys so I checked it out, they were all Spikes and McGahee jerseys.

Invest in that Evans jersey after the deal is signed.

I love Lee Evans but I wonder if he's really what the Bills want in a #1 WR - or if they'd rather have a larger more possession type WR like Boldin, or Colston

Hmm...a guy who catches everything thrown at him and has the ability to take any catch the distance. Yep, I'd say that's what the Bills want in a #1 WR.

The Bills couldn't be better off wrt signing Evans because:

1) He is coming off of a less than stellar year.

2) He has this year left, but seems to want the security of signing now.

3) He seems to like playing in Buffalo.

4) They have the Franchise Tag for next year to use as leverage.

Will they sign him before he is a UFA? I would say it's about 50/50.

The Bills couldn't be better off wrt signing Evans because:

1) He is coming off of a less than stellar year.

2) He has this year left, but seems to want the security of signing now.

3) He seems to like playing in Buffalo.

4) They have the Franchise Tag for next year to use as leverage.

Will they sign him before he is a UFA? I would say it's about 50/50.

Why the pessimism? You ruined a solid, logical post with the last part. All reports are that the two sides are working amicably towards an extension. The odds are 80/20 at worst.

First and foremost, DO NOT buy a new jersey unless he has a new deal.

That being said, I do think Evans will be re-signed. There are multiple reasons, especially the fact that he's a company guy. I think you could have said the same for Moulds when he got his big deal from us. Worst case scenario, they franchise him next year. That does not guarantee that we keep him (the cost of the franchise tag is going up and up with other big deals), but I believe he'll have a new deal with us.

What happens if Hardy actually pans out and does above average? Who's to say the Bills don't look at him as a younger, cheaper WR to build their team around and pass on the older Evans? Evans and Losman are both the last regime's holdovers.

Great, so then the Bills go back to having 1 receiving threat. They not only need to keep Evans, but they also need hardy or someone else to emerge as a real threat opposite him.

What happens if Hardy actually pans out and does above average? Who's to say the Bills don't look at him as a younger, cheaper WR to build their team around and pass on the older Evans? Evans and Losman are both the last regime's holdovers.

I believe it's highly unlikely Hardy will show enough this season to impact contract discussions with Evans. Besides, Lee is hardly "old" -- he's entering his prime.

I believe it's highly unlikely Hardy will show enough this season to impact contract discussions with Evans. Besides, Lee is hardly "old" -- he's entering his prime.

I agree.

Just playing devil's advocate. What if the Bills decide that Evans wants "too much" and/or someone else will fit their system better? Evans best was when he was paired with Losman, and you can't say they haven't turned the page on the Losman experiment.