Left Side

Walker and Dockery need to blow people off the ball this season. Positioned side-by-side, these two could dominate -- ala Mount McKinney and Steve Hutchinson, in Minnesota. BTW, imagine if the BIlls had drafted McKinney -- Peters would be pumping gas in Hope or working at a Wallmart in Little Rock.

Walker and Dockery need to blow people off the ball this season. Positioned side-by-side, these two could dominate -- ala Mount McKinney and Steve Hutchinson, in Minnesota. BTW, imagine if the BIlls had drafted McKinney -- Peters would be pumping gas in Arkansas or working at a Wallmart in Little Rock.

Little Rock is in Arkansas

I think you knew that... it just sounded weird haha

McKinney looks pretty darn good. That line is one of the best -- better than Clevelands.

I'd say "somebody would have signed Peters" but he did clear waivers and return to our practice squad for a while. Still, at some point, somebody was gonna bite. Even we might have, with McKinnie. After all, Mike Williams wasn't a full-on bust yet.

Walker and Dockery need to blow people off the ball this season. Positioned side-by-side, these two could dominate -- ala Mount McKinney and Steve Hutchinson, in Minnesota. BTW, imagine if the BIlls had drafted McKinney -- Peters would be pumping gas in Hope or working at a Wallmart in Little Rock.

It takes more than size and strength to push people off the line. It takes power- you need the ability to quickly get out of your stance and into the defensive linemen. Peters is athletic enough to do that, Walker is not. Walker can be servicable if you give him enough help to both sides- which is not an insult to him....plenty of starting linemen in the NFL need that type of help. Peters is a special player and allows you to change your blocking schemes

It takes more than size and strength to push people off the line. It takes power- you need the ability to quickly get out of your stance and into the defensive linemen. Peters is athletic enough to do that, Walker is not. Walker can be servicable if you give him enough help to both sides- which is not an insult to him....plenty of starting linemen in the NFL need that type of help. Peters is a special player and allows you to change your blocking schemes

All true Adam, but pass protection is the hard part. Do you think that LTs are physically afraid of DEs (or for that matter, anybody on earth)? They are not, and frankly they have no reason to be. Yet, a rusher such as a young Jason Taylor scares these guys because he was able to fly past them and cream the qb. Tony Bosselli and Jumbo Elliot were much stronger than Bruce but if he got them to lean the wrong way, it was all over! Look at Schobel. I think that he is very good and way underrated, but he isn't a physical threat to Orlando Pace, ya know?

Peters, with his Tight End agility, can stay with the speed rushers and he is strong enough to toss them around. OMG I wish he would just join the f :ph34r: g team already!!! :thumbsup:

I agree with you guys, that Peters can get out of his stance and puch people off at the POA. HOwever, the majoritiy of the runs allow these guys to stand up (toss; sweeps; counters; h-leads, etc) and simply waltz into the defenders. Only on 3rd and short do they need have the leverage to uproot a defender. As for Walker, he has great technique and has developed his understanding of the positon. Peters has NOT mastered his posiiton, and relies, maybe, on pure brute athleticness. And that is why the pedigree and technique consideration (i mention in other posts) matters over the long haul and when talking about large long contracts.

All true Adam, but pass protection is the hard part. Do you think that LTs are physically afraid of DEs (or for that matter, anybody on earth)? They are not, and frankly they have no reason to be. Yet, a rusher such as a young Jason Taylor scares these guys because he was able to fly past them and cream the qb. Tony Bosselli and Jumbo Elliot were much stronger than Bruce but if he got them to lean the wrong way, it was all over! Look at Schobel. I think that he is very good and way underrated, but he isn't a physical threat to Orlando Pace, ya know?

Peters, with his Tight End agility, can stay with the speed rushers and he is strong enough to toss them around. OMG I wish he would just join the f :ph34r: g team already!!! :thumbsup:

I remember seeing Bruce beat Elliot on occassion, but for the life of me can't remember a single time Bruce ever beat Bosselli. (Not that he played them often.) Bosselli always seemed to me the one guy that owned Bruce.

It doesn't take away from your point though.

It isn't just the left tackle position that is hurt by Peter's absence. It has moved Walker from his RT position to LT, and decreased our overall depth by forcing us to start Chambers at RT. It also lessens the help to Fowler on the interior and will force us to usually keep a TE on the left side. Not to mention that we are very young at QB and RB.

Not having Peters makes us shuffle our lineup, deplete our depth and alter our blocking schemes. Why not give him the same base pay with a back loaded longer contract that he will never see the end of.

peters wants $8-12 mil per season and anywhere from $10-20 mil. guaranteed. he limped off the field last time we saw him. his agent wont return calls and is a known touble maker. he wont take a low base salary or incentive laden deal. he wants to renegotiate a renegiated deal. great agents he has. how do these guys get their law degree ?

It isn't just the left tackle position that is hurt by Peter's absence. It has moved Walker from his RT position to LT, and decreased our overall depth by forcing us to start Chambers at RT. It also lessens the help to Fowler on the interior and will force us to usually keep a TE on the left side. Not to mention that we are very young at QB and RB.

Not having Peters makes us shuffle our lineup, deplete our depth and alter our blocking schemes. Why not give him the same base pay with a back loaded longer contract that he will never see the end of.