Latest on SF Zoo Tiger Attack

Steely Dan

They would never pay her anywhere near what she'll make if she wins this suit.

Linkage

Reports are that these guys were whipping pine cones at the tiger and maybe some other stuff.

Well if thats true...then just the medical should be paid....no extra compensation.STILL....the ZOO is at fault . There are reports that a few times in the past people had seen the paws of a tiger above the top of the enclosure. Something unintentional could have provoked the tigers and caused another tragedy.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if thats true...then just the medical should be paid....no extra compensation.STILL....the ZOO is at fault . There are reports that a few times in the past people had seen the paws of a tiger above the top of the enclosure. Something unintentional could have provoked the tigers and caused another tragedy.

That's speculation.

That's speculation.

Well...i heard a woman say that she saw that. I believe her. If they could get out of their enclosure once I am sure they came very close other times. Common sense tells us that. We shouldn't be dependant on the moods of wild animals to keep them from the public.

Well...i heard a woman say that she saw that. I believe her. If they could get out of their enclosure once I am sure they came very close other times. Common sense tells us that. We shouldn't be dependant on the moods of wild animals to keep them from the public.

If this were a case where nobody had a hand in it and it was completely just because the enclosure was too low then I'd say ok but these kids got what they had coming to them. IMO

• 1 month later...

More news on this ridiculous lawsuit.

Linkage

Matt Dorsey, a spokesman for City Attorney Dennis Herrera, said Tuesday the city's agreements with the nonprofit San Francisco Zoological Society means the zoo must decide whether to settle.

"We do hope that all of the parties involved in the case can reach a just resolution," Dorsey said. "We also recognize what a difficult tragedy this has been for the Sousa family and our hearts go out to them."

If I could I'd pay every dime of the attorney's fees to fight this. If these mooks get a payday then what's to stop other mooks? :beer:

I hope it goes to trial and the judge requires a reenactment at the scene.

Let the new tiger have a go at these two dork reprobates.

:beer:

I wish there had been a camera watching what they were doing before the attack. I think people would see a lot that would make anyone have sympathy for them.

Bingo.

No way these three upstanding citizens were not provoking that tiger.

That tiger didn't go crazy, that tiger went "tiger"!

Matt Dorsey, a spokesman for City Attorney Dennis Herrera, said Tuesday the city's agreements with the nonprofit San Francisco Zoological Society means the zoo must decide whether to settle.

"We do hope that all of the parties involved in the case can reach a just resolution," Dorsey said. "We also recognize what a difficult tragedy this has been for the Sousa family and our hearts go out to them."

If I could I'd pay every dime of the attorney's fees to fight this. If these mooks get a payday then what's to stop other mooks? :unsure:

You are paying every dime of the attorney's fees for this and every other case of its kind. Welcome to another reason why your taxes are so high and you get nothing for it. I dated a NYC attorney some years ago who handled lawsuits against the city from people who tripped on potholes, slipped on the subway platform or rode their bikes through red lights into the side of a bus -- some of her stories were mind boggling. Because the cost of taking these cases to trial and the risk of losing big is so high, these cases always settle out of court. And that means free money for the scumbags out of your pocket. Sadly, we have a populous that is sympathetic to such lawsuits and a judiciary that rewards ignorance, laziness and greed. Until that changes, expect more of the same. Something to think about next time you step into a voting booth.

More news on this ridiculous lawsuit.

Linkage

If I could I'd pay every dime of the attorney's fees to fight this. If these mooks get a payday then what's to stop other mooks? :unsure:

Scumbag lawyers have to make a living too!

• 5 months later...

Why not? I think it's too bad that Darwin didn't completely win in this case. Whip a pine cone at a tiger, get eaten. Seems fair.

most likely the zoo will be strictly liable since it's a wild animal, but the brothers damages will be reduced by their comparative responsibility, which is decided by a jury. and really it'll just settle like almost all cases do.

If this were a case where nobody had a hand in it and it was completely just because the enclosure was too low then I'd say ok but these kids got what they had coming to them. IMO

We all got it coming, kid.

Why not? I think it's too bad that Darwin didn't completely win in this case. Whip a pine cone at a tiger, get eaten. Seems fair.

Yeah--but the problem is some completely innocent people could have been killed as well. Those lions did and could get out of the enclosure. There were reports of the lions jumping up and getting a paw over the fence before. The zoo did nothing.