George Wilson's tackling

We are looking pretty good at corner. I don't think he's playing badly at all, and I would expect improvement in tackling as he develops from wide receiver. All of these db's must be geared toward defending Moss. I love how everyone GIVES the AFC East to New England before the season starts. Lots of things happen between now and December and I think we've been working hard and made a lot of improvement in last year's injury riddled season. Maybe this is our year to take on the Goliath that everyone is conceding New England is.

I actually think George could be cut this year. The only reason he wouldn't be is because he's been outstanding on special teams and he's the only other versatile safety we have behind Ko Simpson. His coverage has been an abomination this preaseason and we've seen it in every game this year so far. The two that come to mind were the long TD to Santonio Holmes and the 94 yarder the other night. Although the coverages were different, and in the Santonio Holmes play it was a strict cover 2 where it was primarily his responsibility over the top as opposed to man coverage on the 94 yarder, the biggest rule of thumb as a safety is to never let anyone behind you. He hasn't done that.

With the emergence of Jon Corto and John Wendling this preaseason I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson cut at all. I think it all depends on if the Bills think they can still coach him into a good player. And, like I said above, Wilson is very mobile unlike Whitner, Scott and Wendling, so that helps. If he is kept its because of his special teams play and the optimism that the coaches can turn him around, and certainly not because of his play.

Man is a WR who was forced into action acter everyone got injured. But during regular season games (not practice or preseason) he excells. He is a gamer -- and plays with savvy. If a good Off. coach targets him, we are in trouble. But in the mix -- he is effective. He reminds me of Carnell Lake, kind of untrained and wild -- yet has a knack for a big play. I like him over KO simpson. Whittner must step up.