Those chicken wings won't help your diet...

buckeyemike

Couldn't disagree more with this sentiment. The wings at the Bar Bill in East Aurora, NY will show you the right way to do wings, BIG juicy wings with plenty of flavor and spice, and absolutely NO drenching or pooling of sauce.

I like hot wings, and I can't stand when places think that by "hot," it means just dump twice as much medium sauce on there. Dripping wet wings are disgusting, IMO.

For me, the wing is merely the best method of delivering the sauce. I want as much sauce as possible. If someone gives me a dry wing (one not coated in sauce), I am one unhappy camper. This is why I prefer the finger to the wing--it holds lots more sauce in the breading.

I agree RE hating restaurants that measure HOT in quantity of sauce, not spiciness of sauce. Also hate all wing sauces with other flavors: bourbon, sweet and spicy, Asian, cajun, etc. can all kiss my ass.

For me, the wing is merely the best method of delivering the sauce. I want as much sauce as possible. If someone gives me a dry wing (one not coated in sauce), I am one unhappy camper. This is why I prefer the finger to the wing--it holds lots more sauce in the breading.

I agree RE hating restaurants that measure HOT in quantity of sauce, not spiciness of sauce. Also hate all wing sauces with other flavors: bourbon, sweet and spicy, Asian, cajun, etc. can all kiss my ass.

When I order wings I ask for them to be drenched in sauce. What's the point in eating wings if they only have a light brushing of sauce.

A little OT, but my Tivo got a Bobby Flay episode the other day in some show called Throwdown. Seems like he goes to places famous for some certain dish and trys to "beat" them with a better recipe. So he is at the Anchor Bar in this show, and some dude(The Wing King, not the owner) is making up a sauce with brown sugar and boubon and some other stuff. Now, what was funny was the owner of Duffs was one of the judges, so that was cool.

Anyway, would his wing sauce be considererd a Buffalo Wing??? Is it sacreligious for the Anchor Bar to be serving these types of wings?

We had a thread about that episode a couple weeks ago...

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=69071

I have to agree with you on the sauce issue, they should have both stuck to a more traditional sauce recipe for the contest.