Those chicken wings won't help your diet...

buckeyemike

Link

I don't mind being told how many calories are in the foods I like.

It's the food Nazis I can't stand. You know what? I will decide how many transfats I'll ingest, thank you. I just ate the best glazed donut of my life this morning...will I be vilified for that?

I'm 39 years old...I despise being treated like a little kid. :nana:

Link

I don't mind being told how many calories are in the foods I like.

It's the food Nazis I can't stand. You know what? I will decide how many transfats I'll ingest, thank you. I just ate the best glazed donut of my life this morning...will I be vilified for that?

I'm 39 years old...I despise being treated like a little kid. :nana:

well if you want to be 79 - everything in moderation

What happen to Papa John's that is favorite.... I hope that mean it has less calories.... HOT gosh what are we suppose to eat.

Ok. FREAKING SERIOUSLY PEOPLE. How the hell can anyone consider Papa John's a favorite? I can't even eat the stuff, the Pizza has an air of dish-water to it.

What a news flash. Wings are bad for you. Go figure.

And yet they taste good.

Bingo. I gotta admit I wasn't all that surprised to find that wings are fattening. Actully most of the food I really like is fattening. No point in pretending otherwise. I do my best to make healthy foods more appetizing and try (unsuccessfully a lot of the time!) to avoid or limit the fattening.

Those chicken wings won't help your diet...

Dumbest thread title ever. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Will I Live to See 80?

I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and

exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do

you think I'll live to be 80?'

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?'

'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!'

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs? '

I said, 'No, my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!'

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,

hiking, or bicycling?'

'No, I don't, I said.

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?'

'No,' I said

He looked at me and said, 'Then, why do you even give a :nana: ?'

That woman should be shot.

I am a vegetarian (90% of the time) and I agree.

The substitute I use is a breaded tofu thing that looks like a chicken finger. Then I use my own concoction of wing sauce (the one I created when I worked at Hometown Heroes in 1988--little shoutout to any Rochesterarians who ever went). My meat eating friends like it. No one (including me) would dare say it's as good as a chicken wing but most people admit it's tasty and not a terrible substitute.

My secret to good wings (or wing-like substitutes) is a drenching sauce. I follow the Duff's model--and think that there should be sauce pooled in the bowl under the wings.

Regarding the health of wings, let's see. Chicken skin. Deep fried. Stick of butter in the sauce (I add no butter to my sauce, but do load it up with Tabasco). Dip that deep into blue cheese dressing. Top it off with 0% health benefit celery. Of course it's !@#$ing bad for you! But it does taste good.

A little OT, but my Tivo got a Bobby Flay episode the other day in some show called Throwdown. Seems like he goes to places famous for some certain dish and trys to "beat" them with a better recipe. So he is at the Anchor Bar in this show, and some dude(The Wing King, not the owner) is making up a sauce with brown sugar and boubon and some other stuff. Now, what was funny was the owner of Duffs was one of the judges, so that was cool.

Anyway, would his wing sauce be considererd a Buffalo Wing??? Is it sacreligious for the Anchor Bar to be serving these types of wings?

My secret to good wings (or wing-like substitutes) is a drenching sauce. I follow the Duff's model--and think that there should be sauce pooled in the bowl under the wings.

Couldn't disagree more with this sentiment. The wings at the Bar Bill in East Aurora, NY will show you the right way to do wings, BIG juicy wings with plenty of flavor and spice, and absolutely NO drenching or pooling of sauce.

I like hot wings, and I can't stand when places think that by "hot," it means just dump twice as much medium sauce on there. Dripping wet wings are disgusting, IMO.

And yet you replied to it... :nana:

I didn't say the thread was dumb just the title. :lol: right back atcha!

Couldn't disagree more with this sentiment. The wings at the Bar Bill in East Aurora, NY will show you the right way to do wings, BIG juicy wings with plenty of flavor and spice, and absolutely NO drenching or pooling of sauce.

I like hot wings, and I can't stand when places think that by "hot," it means just dump twice as much medium sauce on there. Dripping wet wings are disgusting, IMO.

I agree there are too many places that don't know what HOT wings are. The places that do make a good hot sauce are great and I love them drenched in the sauce. I use the extra to put on hot dogs or hamburgs.