(OT) Boston v. NY Game 7 thread

millbank

HE PITCHED 2 INNINGS ANYWAY.

Isringhausen isn't Mariano Rivera.  Nowhere near a valid comparison.

78373[/snapback]

I'm not trying to compare Izzy to Rivera. I totally agree that Mariano is a better closer by a LONG WAY.

I still hate using closers for two innings. Tonight both St. Louis and Houston used theirs for 3. Could be an issue tomorrow.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Torre hasn't managed well throughout this series

I occasionally give 'ol Joe the wrinkled eyebrow for ingame decisions but I don't say antyhing because in the end it usually works out.

But I agree that in this series in particular he has made some really questionable decisions.

I'm hoping that he can find a way to keep his entire lineup from swinging for the fences for the next 8 innings but after Games 5-6 I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also hoping he doesn't leave Brown in too long but they may have already happened....

I occasionally give 'ol Joe the wrinkled eyebrow for ingame decisions but I don't say antyhing because in the end it usually works out.

But I agree that in this series in particular he has made some really questionable decisions.

I'm hoping that he can find a way to keep his entire lineup from swinging for the fences for the next 8 innings but after Games 5-6 I'm not holding my breath.

I'm also hoping he doesn't leave Brown in too long but they may have already happened....

78380[/snapback]

Joe's not screwing around tonight. He's got Vasquez throwing up in the bullpen (a la Folkers).

Ball Game, congrats Sox fans.

78394[/snapback]

While the salaries and pouting pansy players have turned me off to MLB ('cept playoffs and the World Series), the beauty of the game is that there's no clock. While the BoSox are obviously in the driver's seat, it ain't over til the third out in the bottom of the ninth...

Could someone explain why you would start Brown, who hasn't done jack all year and was horrible earlier in the series? Did Torre not have anyone else available? I don't follow baseball much but when I heard he was starting game 7 I was a little taken aback.

RunTheBall