(OT) Boston v. NY Game 7 thread

millbank

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OK Yankees fans, I have a serious question and don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious.

If the Yankees continue to lose this tonight and finalize the collapse, is George the type of guy that would go off the hinges completely and fire Joe Torre after 4 World titles???

I know he goes crazy sometimes after losses, but would he do this?

Wow, Damon hits that ball last night and it's a pop-up to first.

Am I the only person on this planet who has been wanting to see more of Loaiza? Maybe I'm biased due to watching him as a Buc, but he makes me a hell of a lot less nervous than Sturtze, Vasquez, Flash or just about anybody else Torre has to play with in a Game7.

Could someone explain why you would start Brown, who hasn't done jack all year and was horrible earlier in the series? Did Torre not have anyone else available? I don't follow baseball much but when I heard he was starting game 7 I was a little taken aback.

RunTheBall

78407[/snapback]

I'm like you in that I really don't follow MLB, if they were playing hockey, I'd be watching an NHL game instead of baseball.

That said, I heard on the radio that they used a lot of pitchers up during this series, and that playing every night, and in extra innings at that, that the Yanks pitching situation was shaky at best if it went beyond 6 games. I guess that's what we're seeing now.

Again- If I'm way off base, no flames, I'm just trying to pass on what I heard. ;)

I'm like you in that I really don't follow MLB, if they were playing hockey, I'd be watching an NHL game instead of baseball.

That said, I heard on the radio that they used a lot of pitchers up during this series, and that playing every night, and in extra innings at that, that the Yanks pitching situation was shaky at best if it went beyond 6 games.  I guess that's what we're seeing now.

Again- If I'm way off base, no flames, I'm just trying to pass on what I heard. ;)

78425[/snapback]

What you heard is right campy :)

However, for purposes of choosing one or the other, I would like to see the Red Sox win, just so people in New England will stop yapping about it.

Are you really suggesting that a Red Sox win would actually serve to quiet down those Ma$$holes?!

Kinda like those classy Patriot fans?

They're the worst fans in American sports, Mike and among the very worst people I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Nothing short of death will ever shut them up about anything.

If the Yankees continue to lose this tonight and finalize the collapse, is George the type of guy that would go off the hinges completely and fire Joe Torre after 4 World titles???

BF, he might fire him during the stretch! ;)

I know he goes crazy sometimes after losses, but would he do this?

In one word:

YES

Good for the Red Sox, now most of ESPN can go stroke the one eyed snake and be happy. This game is over.

That said, I heard on the radio that they used a lot of pitchers up during this series, and that playing every night, and in extra innings at that, that the Yanks pitching situation was shaky at best if it went beyond 6 games.  I guess that's what we're seeing now.

78425[/snapback]

They were hoping Brown could get through the first few innings and loosen up , he has back problems if his back either stays tight or gets tight his pitches flatten out and easy to hit , when he is loose his ball sinks and gets many ground balls. The former happened tonight....

They were hoping Brown could get through the first few innings and loosen up , he has back problems if his back either stays tight or gets tight his pitches flatten out and easy to hit ,  when he is loose his ball sinks and gets many ground balls. The former happened tonight....

78435[/snapback]

Thanks ;)

Are you really suggesting that a Red Sox win would actually serve to quiet down those Ma$$holes?!

Kinda like those classy Patriot fans?

They're the worst fans in American sports, Mike and among the very worst people I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Nothing short of death will ever shut them up about anything.

BF, he might fire him during the stretch!  ;)

78430[/snapback]

I meant to shut up about a Curse of the Bambino and all.

If the Red Sox win the World Series, next year they are just another team. Sure, they'd be the defending champions, but a team that isn't dealing with a so-called Curse.

Red Sox fans can be some of the most obnoxious, yet ironically depressed, people on the planet. Take the Curse away from some of them, and what do they have that's so special?

Mike

I still say its going to be Houston but it doesnt matter to me.

78439[/snapback]

Either way, I think this very well could be the year for the Sox.

I said it during the Twins series and I will stand by it now even though I am sick to my stomach ( ;) ): If the Yanks don't make it to the WS (which it appears they won't), then I will root for the Sox...albeit quietly. I'm not jumping ship by any means I just think it's their time.

Plus, once that happens we never have to hear about 1918 or the Curse again.

Also the Yanks will still have over 20 more titles than the Sox. So it doesn't hurt the ego that much to let 'em have one :) lol.

This sucks as a Yankee fan.

But I offer my congrats to the Redsox fans. Great comeback. Good luck vs St.Louis.

78437[/snapback]

Hey you , Yankees have 21 outs to get one more run than Sox at end of the night, they look dead in the water right now, but sometimes the worst thing is to get early big lead, teams lose their focus.

Hey you , Yankees have 21 outs to get one more run than Sox at end of the night, they look dead in the water right now, but sometimes the worst thing is to get early big lead, teams lose their focus.

78445[/snapback]

Man I hope so. I need to go out to the barn I think ;)