(OT) Need Help....question about ISBN codes

TheMadCap

I won an ebay auction for an audio CD set the other day, and have received no reply to at least 10 emails to the seller. I noticed that he is selling what appears to be a duplicate item, and the ISBN code is identical. Are the barcodes unique, or does the same book have the same ISBN code? Thanks for helping...

I won an ebay auction for an audio CD set the other day, and have received no reply to at least 10 emails to the seller. I noticed that he is selling what appears to be a duplicate item, and the ISBN code is identical. Are the barcodes unique, or does the same book have the same ISBN code? Thanks for helping...

78138[/snapback]

ISBN code will be the same.

ISBN code makes it much easier to sell items like DVDs, books, CD's, PS2 games, etc.

For example, I sold Tony Hawk Underground on eBay, and instead of having to type out a description, etc, i just typed in the ISBN # and it filled in everything (including a picture) for me.

A Question: What is this sellers feedback #, and what percentage are positive?

Thank you for your reply Steve, the answer is that this person has good feedback or I would not bid. He's a power seller and just likely busy, but when I saw the same item I thought it might have been relisted. I really don't see why people who are in this sort of business do not return emails. How long does it take to shoot someone a quick email anyways???

Thank you for your reply Steve, the answer is that this person has good feedback or I would not bid. He's a power seller and just likely busy, but when I saw the same item I thought it might have been relisted. I really don't see why people who are in this sort of business do not return emails. How long does it take to shoot someone a quick email anyways???

78151[/snapback]

yeah, its a pain in the ass. But, if you paid, it is more than likely that they already shipped it, and just didnt get back to you. Power sellers do this for a living, too bad their customer service skills suck most of the time. But yeah, to clear up (i reread my initial reply) if say EA Sports made 10 Million copies of Madden, all 10 Million copies will have the same ISBN #.

78151[/snapback]

Take into account that these people usually work alone and are bombarded with hundreds of E-mails daily. Yours might've been deleted accidentally or filtered into a spam folder.

Instead of contacting the seller thru his home E-mail address, try sending him a message through E-Bay. You know the page where you bid on the item. The link can be found somewhere near the top right of the page.

Take into account that these people usually work alone and are bombarded with hundreds of E-mails daily.  Yours might've been deleted accidentally or filtered into a spam folder. 

Instead of contacting the seller thru his home E-mail address, try sending him a message through E-Bay.  You know the page where you bid on the item.  The link can be found somewhere near the top right of the page.

78165[/snapback]

Good call, that's what I do. I never try to get them at home address. We'll see how it goes.