Matt Leinart a bust?

Fingon

Too true... nice to know I am not the only one remembering his draft day rant on how the Bills should have drafted Leinart....

Any time there is a sexy draft pick or free agent out there, you can count on Matthews to make a case for signing or drafting them. Doesn't matter who they are or what our needs are. He writes like some people who post here. MATTHEWS: FAME=TALENT.

PTR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was taken out last night in the first quarter... after throwing his 3rd INT in his last 5 drives, and Warner will be named the starter for this season, according to ESPN.

He isnt motivated ...He has money,chicks etc. You need motivation to be successsful in the NFL especially at QB when you have a noodle arm. Being an NFL QB requires intense work. He aint into it.

If anyone had ever questioned the wisdom of ANY general manager for not taking Leinart high in the draft, they were probably basing their judgment on the assumptions born of his celebrity. Leinart is too Hollywood - too interested in "The Life", and I don't mean the football life.

I completely agree. If he had dedicated as much time to studying offenses and working out as he does to partying and chasing tail, he'd be a starter.

http://www.bumpshack.com/2008/04/01/matt-l...i-party-photos/

http://deadspin.com/373940/matt-leinart-is...quite-seriously

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/matt-le...ottsdale-az.php

Any time there is a sexy draft pick or free agent out there, you can count on Matthews to make a case for signing or drafting them. Doesn't matter who they are or what our needs are. He writes like some people who post here. MATTHEWS: FAME=TALENT.

PTR

I remember Larry Felser going on rant about how we should have taken Wendell Bryant a couple years ago. Leinart is an ego trip though. Maybe some pine time will strighten him out. If I were AZ I'd try to deal him to Chicago.

The old fart threw 27 TDs last year and wasn't the full time starter. That ain't bad.

i did not say he is NOT underrated, in fact he may be... but after all those years when he has been called the "second coming " running the best system you can dream of if you're a NFL QB, well it's nice to see the balance has gone the opposite way...

i never ever imagined i would read that sentence one day!

Warner has been the more overrated player in the NFL for most of his career!!!

Stay in France because you are dreaming. The man was under-rated for the first few years in the NFL. He obviously had the talent. He threw 27 TDs which was a good number for Jim Kelly in a year not playing the full year and not passing on the goal-line. If he did he would have had 30+ TDs.

The guy is under-rated, and his 3 yrs of glory are more than most QBs put up in their entire starting career TD wise. The guy, if healthy, is still a 3500 yard QB with 28 TDs, and one of the gentlemanly QBs ever to have played. Do you know what won me over about that guy? A no name QB at some D-II school wrote to him saying he was his inspiration. What he didn't expect was a hand-written letter and a signed jersey from Warner.

How can you not want guys like that succeed?

Stay in France because you are dreaming. The man was under-rated for the first few years in the NFL. He obviously had the talent. He threw 27 TDs which was a good number for Jim Kelly in a year not playing the full year and not passing on the goal-line. If he did he would have had 30+ TDs.

The guy is under-rated, and his 3 yrs of glory are more than most QBs put up in their entire starting career TD wise. The guy, if healthy, is still a 3500 yard QB with 28 TDs, and one of the gentlemanly QBs ever to have played. Do you know what won me over about that guy? A no name QB at some D-II school wrote to him saying he was his inspiration. What he didn't expect was a hand-written letter and a signed jersey from Warner.

How can you not want guys like that succeed?

cool he's your hero, fine.

I've never liked the guy, with his wacko wife and his non stop "God GOd GOD" gospel . And i consider he's one of the least talented NFL MVP ever.

I always thought and always said that Leinart would never be a good NFL QB simply because he is a half second simply too slow in everything he does. He doesn't have the arm strength to get the ball downfield. He's lumbering so he's a huge target to hit for rushers and a huge injury risk. He's smart and his brain seems to read the defenses quick but his body doesn't work as fast and it takes him forever to get the ball out and to the receivers, and the NFL is just too fast for that. He's good on short quick passes and that's about it.

No thanks id rather have JP than Leinart

But Leinart gets all the hot chicks...I'll take Leinart just to have some more Cali babes in the stands because, as God and Willis McGahee, know we have a little to be desired in that department. :wallbash: