Game 7

KD in CA

Who's gonna win tonight?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win tonight?

• Red Sox
    • Yankees

SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE on the Sawx will screw SOMETHING up.

They always do.

They always will.

But Im rooting for them, anyways.

On a more scientific side, Gary Marsh is umping behind the plate tonight and according to reports, has a K zone the size of London Fletcher's brain (miniscule). The 8th and 9th innings are going to be WILD based on this, and of course, that favors the home team.

You knooooooooooooooooooooooow, after I posted that I thought I'm gonna get my chops busted on this.  ;)

Lets hope Boston pitches them as nicely as I just did to you, to the Yanks tonight :devil:

77936[/snapback]

;););)

Yeah, that was kinda like el-Duque hanging one of those curveballs to Big Papi....

So, I have a date tonight with a girl who is orignially from Mass. GO SOX!!! ;)

SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE on the Sawx will screw SOMETHING up.

They always do.

They always will.

But Im rooting for them, anyways.

On a more scientific side, Gary Marsh is umping behind the plate tonight and according to reports, has a K zone the size of London Fletcher's brain (miniscule). The 8th and 9th innings are going to be WILD based on this, and of course, that favors the home team.

77933[/snapback]

Imagine the huge pressure on EVERY Sox player right now. I mean, you're a Yankee and you fugg up? So what, your fans have 40 other championships. But if your a player on the Sox, and its a close game late, I am betting deep in the back of their minds they are hoping more to "not be the one to screw it up" than they are worrying about winning.

I mean, everyone is just expecting one of them to fu-k up. That's pressure. Nine full innings of it.

Imagine the huge pressure on EVERY Sox player right now. I mean, you're a Yankee and you fugg up? So what, your fans have 40 other championships. But if your a player on the Sox, and its a close game late, I am betting deep in the back of their minds they are hoping more to "not be the one to screw it up" than they are worrying about winning.

I mean, everyone is just expecting one of them to fu-k up. That's pressure. Nine full innings of it.

77951[/snapback]

I agree, but based on what has happened in this series, there is now ENOROMOUS pressure on the Yankees, imagine King George's reactions after his Yankees, that he spends a huge coin on, is the only team in MLB HISTORY to lose a 3-0 lead, and besides that, lose it to the hated Red Sox?

I thought all along there was more pressure on the Red Sox, more people thought this was their year, but now I think a little more pressure is on the Yankees right now then at any point in this series.

I don't understand how Bills fans can be Red Sox fans...

77956[/snapback]

WHAT?

Im not a fan of either, but I can definitly see how someone can be a bills and sox fan. Both teams will work for everything they have. they have each suffered, and in the end, the winning will be 50x sweeter.

I dont understand being a Bills fan, and knowing all of that, and rooting for a team like the yanks. I mean, like it or not, they buy the best talent. A yankees fan will argue that, but from an outsider, its true. They win? Its expected. I couldnt imagine rooting for them.

:devil:  ;)  ;)

Yeah, that was kinda like el-Duque hanging one of those curveballs to Big Papi....

So, I have a date tonight with a girl who is orignially from Mass.  GO SOX!!!    ;)

77950[/snapback]

If your lucky, later on you'll be telling her " Who's your Daddy?" ;)

BTW, wear a suit ;)

I'm too nervous to pick a team. As a Yankee fan I think I should be able to bank on the Sox screwing it up somehow, but I don't really believe in curses or jinxes. I just see the two best teams in baseball slugging it out in a great series.

Of course I will be upset when and if the Yanks lose, but right now I am just amped that we get to watch another game in theis series.

Go Yanks!

I picked Yankees in 4 really... ;);)

Then When they lost game 4... I prayed that the BoSox make a series out of it. I thought how great it would be to have a game 7.

The the whiny BoSox fans can't complain and moan...

Time to rip their heart out and stomp on it! ;):devil:

Yankees 9-2...

;);)

I invoke the names:

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Who will complete the trio?

Last night I really thought it would be Clark to walk it off... You know 1st base?

It is coming from the infield... The Ghosts know!

I picked Yankees in 4 really... ;)  ;)

Then When they lost game 4... I prayed that the BoSox make a series out of it.  I thought how great it would be to have a game 7.

The the whiny BoSox fans can't complain and moan...

Time to rip their heart out and stomp on it! ;)  :devil:

Yankees 9-2...

;)  ;)

I invoke the names:

Bucky Dent

Aaron Boone

Who will complete the trio?

Last night I really thought it would be Clark to walk it off... You know 1st base?

It is coming from the infield... The Ghosts know!

78012[/snapback]

WFAN was talking about how the players that continue the curse against the Red Sox usually have a 3 syllable name. Bucky Dent, Bill Buckner, Aaron Boone, Mike Torrez, etc. By there deduction they determined the most likely to do in the Sox by that theory is Tony Clark. I am hoping its Kevin Brown.

Did you all catch my post about the last Red Sox player to win a world series game before this year-Bruce Hurst?

Scramble Bruce Hurst and you get BRuthCurse

GO YANKS!

Youve got a great point. We need to look no further than our beloved Bills and their mindset in those last few Super Bowls to know this theory has legs.

77951[/snapback]

I see it the other way. If the Yankees lose, they'll be the first team ever to lose the series being down 3-0.