Usain Bolt is on Performance enhancing Drugs

stevestojan

HE HAS TO BE. The guy is not human. I will NOT be surprised if this comes out in the next couple weeks. Yes, I downloaded the stupid software from NBC.com so I could watch the 100m run, and it was sick. And now the 200M World Record too?

Does that mean Phelps is as well? just askin.

I was actually looking at Bolt during the 100s thinking in my mind to notice if anything looked 'abnormal' about him. The big difference for me is you look at both Bolt and Phelps and it's not that they look jacked up on anything - it is more that their bodies are so perfectly suited for their sports. It's well documented about Phelps and his ridiculous wingspan and huge feet etc (he's just lucky they have caps to cover what would be a massive drag from his ears :wallbash: ). At one point of the coverage I thought I heard an announcer say that Bolt takes two less strides to cover 100 than his competitors :rolleyes:

At one point of the coverage I thought I heard an announcer say that Bolt takes two less strides to cover 100 than his competitors :rolleyes:

You heard right, I heard it too. They said over the 100M, most runners need about 46 strides. Bolt only needed 41.

Link??

(not being a dick, I'd like to read about it)

Don't have a link but I've heard it discussed several times. There is a lot of testing going on at the Games and I believe a few have already been stripped of medals.

Of course, those athletes with the desire and means to beat the system with designer drugs are probably going to be able to do so, so there's no way to guarantee that anyone is clean even if you test them.

Link??

(not being a dick, I'd like to read about it)

The woman pole vaulter from Fredonia who won the silver was not at the press conference where her coach was acting like a a-hole because she was busy giving a pee sample. That's why the medal ceremonies are not immediately after the event. They have to give a sample first.

To address the original poster, Bolt was rediculously good as a teen. He got under 20 in the 200 as a 17 year old boy IIRC. So, he would have had to been juicing for a long time with some good masking agents, or the reality is that he is a freak of nature.

I thought the 100 meters was impressive. After watching the 200 meters, I thought what he did in that race was even more impressive.

He dominated the best and fastest sprinters in the world. It was amazing.

One of the things that makes him great is that, even though he is tall, he can get out of the blocks and get up to top speed and then take advantage of his size.

Note was made this morning that Bolt's 40 time would have been 3.53 based on his 200m time.

US had better have their act together for the relays. Jamaica might be the new power in sprinting.

Is that based on an average of five 40-meters in the 200 meters? (given the rough estimate of 1y = 1m)

If so, that stat is impressive still, but meaningless.

If his first 40 meters was 3.53, imagine being a DB trying to cover him!

Is that based on an average of five 40-meters in the 200 meters? (given the rough estimate of 1y = 1m)

He would be an awesome return man. Let's sign him!

You're right with the math. The thing is that his first 40 yards are his slowest. Plus, because of Bolt's height, he doesn't get out of the blocks as fast as his competitors. He simply runs away from them. In the 200 he got out of the blocks so well that Michael Johnson knew immediately that his record was in danger. The guy is a freak. I really wish he hadn't let up in the 100.

On the subject of 40 times, I remember a scout once saying something along the lines of "Donovan Bailey runs a 4.19 40 out of blocks, so no, I don't believe your boy runs a 4.3."