Is McCain as shallow as George W. Bush?

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Criticism of your idiocy is not defending anyone else.

And we're discussing the nature of leadership. Which you clearly don't understand, since you reduce it to "vacation time" and then inconsistently apply your own shallow standard. You think Bush is a poor leader because he's "out of the office" (like FDR, who you consider a great leader), and doesn't rush headlong in to things (which you then stated was a quality of leadership to Rumsfeld's credit - which is now an "idiotic tangent" now that you've been embarrassed by it, although you clearly appreciated it when you thought it made your point). Demonstrating that you not only don't know what leadership is, but you don't even know what YOUR OWN DEFINITION of leadership is. Obviously you're not fit to discuss the topic.

And THAT speaks directly to your shallow and stupid interpretation of Bush's reaction to events in Ossetia. You've got a single-track mind that can't even begin to understand the situation may be both less severe ("on the verge of a possible second Cold War"...wow, way to panic over something that's "on the verge of possibility". Overreact much?) and more complicated (you still haven't twigged to how the missile defenses deal with Poland might be related, and might recommend a less overt reaction) than you can clearly understand...nevermind that you seem to be recommending the same "leadership" (hasty unilateral action) that I'm sure you loathed in the invasion of Iraq.

Really, all this comes down to is that you don't like Bush. It's convenient, I'm sure...you don't have to understand a damn thing in the world, you don't even have to understand current events. You just have to string together keywords and blame your personal bogeyman, and then deflect any criticism of your "thought" process as defense of the same bogeyman. You automatically assume that criticism of your own idiocy is defense of Bush.

News flash: it has nothing to do with Bush. You're just an idiot.

Excellent summary of a 10 page thread. The debate isn't pro-Bush versus anti-Bush, it's informed versus ignorant.

When speaking of this board, shouldn't the RNC be the prime example?

By about a 3:1 Ratio?

Except YOU asked the question and it was in reference to what Presidential "Scholars" said about another Democrat. Hence.

If one of the partisan righty idiots had asked the same stupid question, the RNC would have been appropriate.

Meaning now you understand you were off-base whining about "pro-Bush" posters when really everyone else in the thread was just pointing out how ignorant you are?

Way to go. :lol:

Apparently anyone who thinks he's an idiot is a Bush supporter. "Do you support Bush?" "No...but you're an idiot." "Then you're a Bush supporter! Flightsuit! Nose pick! Halliburton!" :lol:

Except YOU asked the question and it was in reference to what Presidential "Scholars" said about another Democrat. Hence.

If one of the partisan righty idiots had asked the same stupid question, the RNC would have been appropriate.

Yep, another AD "Pearl of Libertard Wisdom."

Except for the fact that I'm not the poster who asked the initial question.

I just asked why you were inferring that the DNC is the only Political Machine which provides it's brainwashed masses with their daily talking points when the number of RNC "Talking Heads" on this board is triple or quadruple the number of DNC "Lemmings."

But don't let me get in the way of another of your patented "Bad! Liberal's Bad!" rants. I wouldn't want to interrupt you with facts or anything like that, if you start thinking instead of ranting, your head might overheat and melt your igloo...

P.S. Wake me the next time you jump on Wacka, SilverNRed, SDJarhead, or any of their ilk for parroting party lines, I don't want to miss it when the board crashes.

Yep, another AD "Pearl of Libertard Wisdom."

Except for the fact that I'm not the poster who asked the initial question.

I just asked why you were inferring that the DNC is the only Political Machine which provides it's brainwashed masses with their daily talking points when the number of RNC "Talking Heads" on this board is triple or quadruple the number of DNC "Lemmings."

But don't let me get in the way of another of your patented "Bad! Liberal's Bad!" rants. I wouldn't want to interrupt you with facts or anything like that, if you start thinking instead of ranting, your head might overheat and melt your igloo...

P.S. Wake me the next time you jump on Wacka, SilverNRed, SDJarhead, or any of their ilk for parroting party lines, I don't want to miss it when the board crashes.

wow :lol: :lol:

First time in a while, I think you have AD dead to rights. Heck I am not sure I ever remember him making such a statement about one of the RNC parrots. Maybe once a couple of years ago.... but rarely.

Hell, neither do I...because the left isn't in power, so the wacky rightists are relatively calm.

Wait until Obama wins the White House, and people here start levelling mindless criticism towards him. Maybe then judge.

Apparently anyone who thinks he's an idiot is a Bush supporter. "Do you support Bush?" "No...but you're an idiot." "Then you're a Bush supporter! Flightsuit! Nose pick! Halliburton!" :lol:

Just to recap for anyone who hasn't been following- DC Tom is perfectly content with a president who has not only taken the most vacation days in the history of the United States but as proven by his response to the August 6th PDB (Which was to do absolutely nothing except clearing brush and golfing until Sept 10th) and his 2 day overdue reaction to Hurricane Katrina, but also cannot stay engaged to his responsibilties while he's loafing around in Crawford. It would be disingenous for me however to say he's like this on every vacation since Bush has proven that He's more than willing to abrubtly cut his vacation short when he's sees an oppurtunity to score points with his Jesus freak base. Looks like intruding into the private medical decisons of the Schiavo's polled better than reacting after being informed that "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" and that "FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York". Drill Here, Drill Now! Support our Troops! Fight Em Over There So We Ain't Gotta Fight Em Here! Messiah! Liberal, Liberal, Liberal, Liberal!

Let me know next time I'm "parroting party lines" and we can talk about it.

Amazing that you're equating criticism of the Democrats with "Republican shill" after we just spent 3 pages trying to explain to JK that calling DNC talking points BS isn't the same thing as being "pro-Bush." And, ironically, you're doing this to prove how smart you are. :lol::lol:

Let me know next time I'm "parroting party lines" and we can talk about it.

Amazing that you're equating criticism of the Democrats with "Republican shill" after we just spent 3 pages trying to explain to JK that calling DNC talking points BS isn't the same thing as being "pro-Bush." And, ironically, you're doing this to prove how smart you are. :lol::lol:

Do you even know what a talking point is you moron? It seems like anything that upsets your narrow idiotic worldview is automatically a "talking point". And throwing the letters DNC in front of "talking point" doesn't make it any more convincing.

Hell, neither do I...because the left isn't in power, so the wacky rightists are relatively calm.

Wait until Obama wins the White House, and people here start levelling mindless criticism towards him. Maybe then judge.

Actually the left is in power. I don't consider the GOP right, but soft-left. Can you tell me most of the member of the GOP in the 80's would have supported half the crap in the last 8 years? I can tell you that 45 years ago the vast majority of the GOP would call this version "liberals".

Just to recap for anyone who hasn't been following- DC Tom is perfectly content with a president who has not only taken the most vacation days in the history of the United States but as proven by his response to the August 6th PDB (Which was to do absolutely nothing except clearing brush and golfing until Sept 10th) and his 2 day overdue reaction to Hurricane Katrina, but also cannot stay engaged to his responsibilties while he's loafing around in Crawford. It would be disingenous for me however to say he's like this on every vacation since Bush has proven that He's more than willing to abrubtly cut his vacation short when he's sees an oppurtunity to score points with his Jesus freak base. Looks like intruding into the private medical decisons of the Schiavo's polled better than reacting after being informed that "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" and that "FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York". Drill Here, Drill Now! Support our Troops! Fight Em Over There So We Ain't Gotta Fight Em Here! Messiah! Liberal, Liberal, Liberal, Liberal!

If only you could find anywhere that I said anything even remotely like anything you just typed.

Do you even know what a talking point is you moron? It seems like anything that upsets your narrow idiotic worldview is automatically a "talking point". And throwing the letters DNC in front of "talking point" doesn't make it any more convincing.

A "talking point" is basically where you oversimplify a complex situation, purposely leave out information, or flat out lie as part of a concise little slogan that you can repeat over and over to score political points. Basically what you tried to do with the Katrina response and Bush on 9/11 in this thread before you were swatted down by the grown-ups, and what you continue to do with "Bush is on vacation all the time!"

I would say a "narrow, idiotic worldview" would be one that may be expressed entirely in talking points. Also, like what you've done in this thread for 10 pages now. :w00t:

A "talking point" is basically where you oversimplify a complex situation, purposely leave out information, or flat out lie as part of a concise little slogan that you can repeat over and over to score political points. Basically what you tried to do with the Katrina response and Bush on 9/11 in this thread before you were swatted down by the grown-ups, and what you continue to do with "Bush is on vacation all the time!"

I would say a "narrow, idiotic worldview" would be one that may be expressed entirely in talking points. Also, like what you've done in this thread for 10 pages now. :w00t:

Swatted down by the grown-ups? Are you reading the same thread as I am? All DC Tom can do is try to change the topic by making rediculous analogies to non-congruent situations. Could these be talking points? No, only the DNC makes talking points, right? Oversimplifying and leaving out information? What did I leave out? What did Bush do about the August 6th PDB between 8-6-01 and 9-10-01 that I left out? What did Bush do for the first 2 days of Katrina (besides playing guitar) that I left out? If he was so engaged in the events on the ground why would Dan Bartlett have to make a DVD of Katrina's news coverage? No one has been able to refute the substance of any of this!