Is McCain as shallow as George W. Bush?

Of course he would have been briefed and coordinated with world leaders. That's just intuitively obvious. :ph34r:

I understand your arguments about not making a big deal about it. I don't happen to agree, because I think history will show this as a watershed moment and a monumental change in the world order as Russia flexes its muscles.

If he ran for Air Force 1, landed, and showed leadership, the free world would be cheering him, myself included.

So lets see...

Coordinating with other countries regarding the Russian situation from Bejing = lazy and stupid

Coordinating with other countries regarding the Russian situation from Washingotn = great world leader

Showing Russia that their petulance will not interrupt something large like the Olympics = inaction and stupidity

Interrupting the Olympics, a major world wide event to deal with Russian petulance = great world leader

And finally, we have your latest gem...

Flying on Air Force One = great world leadership :blink:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets see...

Coordinating with other countries regarding the Russian situation from Bejing = lazy and stupid

Coordinating with other countries regarding the Russian situation from Washingotn = great world leader

Showing Russia that their petulance will not interrupt something large like the Olympics = inaction and stupidity

Interrupting the Olympics, a major world wide event to deal with Russian petulance = great world leader

Flying on Air Force One = great world leadership :ph34r:

No I don't think flying AFO is what would excite him. It's if he ran for AFO. And you know what would have him go down in history as the best President ever? If took the stairs up to the plane two at a time! Now that's !@#$ing leadership!

But sometimes, this is exactly the correct way to handle things (I have no idea if this was the best course of action to take). Do you honestly think that they didn't consider him leaving Beijing and stand up and scream at Russia and tell them to leave? Why do you assume that they were diddling around?

Oh, that's right... You are concerned about the 'perception' that they were diddling around. Perceptions that you yourself have admitted are not true and, let's be honest, are nonsense.

An argument that, as its logical base, presumes that the President of the United States wasn't doing anything during his time in China... a position that you, yourself, presume to be a false.

Edit: Wow... Wait a few minutes and someone else makes your point for you.

last time and then I'm done.

There's no doubt that it was discussed, probably at length, about him leaving Beijing and doing something different. I don't know, but I'm guessing Bush himself made the decision, as he prides himself on that. IMO and others, that was the wrong choice. Talk about beating a dead horse...

IMO, they didn't assume he was diddling around - they think he should have been somewhere else.

Of course he would have been briefed and coordinated with world leaders. That's just intuitively obvious. :blink:

But it doesn't count, because he wasn't in Washington? If it's so "intuitively obvious" he was doing his job, why do you keep bitching that he wasn't doing his job?

I understand your arguments about not making a big deal about it. I don't happen to agree, because I think history will show this as a watershed moment and a monumental change in the world order as Russia flexes its muscles.

Quite possibly. Even so...immediately challenging a resurgent Russian Empire to a metaphorical dick-measuring contest still may not be the wisest policy decision...and again, particularly when you're a week away from "invading" their traditional sphere of influence in Eastern Europe. The geopolitical climate is vastly different now, a hundred years later...but still, the simple fact that World War 1 started from just that sort of brinksmanship over a faded empire's invasion of a Balkan postage stamp of a country tends to lend credence to the principle that a more measured response just might be a better idea.

If he ran for Air Force 1, landed, and showed leadership, the free world would be cheering him, myself included.

Ah, so you want to see more leadership like...landing on the USS Lincoln under a 'Mission Accomplished' banner? :ph34r:

So this about selling newspapers and little to do with their opinion of his leadership?

...do you have any idea who now owns the Journal?

Rupert Murdoch

Now what, exactly, do you think the answer is to your original question? :ph34r:

Yeah, luv of everything Bush. I cant stand the moron. I've despised him since 2000. But frankly, there are 1,000 reasonable things to criticize him over, and criticizing him for being at the olympics is utterly retarded. Its the same as complaining that Charles Manson didnt recycle his old newspapers. And i cant believe there are actually people like faking who believe the fuggin president of the United damn States goes on vacation, and comes back to washington 2 weeks later and asks his advisors, "What happened in the world while i was gone?"
Like I said incredible!

No I don't think flying AFO is what would excite him. It's if he ran for AFO. And you know what would have him go down in history as the best President ever? If took the stairs up to the plane two at a time! Now that's !@#$ing leadership!

Thats not enough for me. To seal the deal, i need ot see him stand up, bang his fist on a podium ans begin a statement with, "We will NOT allow this to happen!"

So lets see...

Flying on Air Force One = great world leadership :ph34r:

Except when the When the World Trade Center and the Pentagon have been attacked. :blink:

Except when the When the World Trade Center and the Pentagon have been attacked. :ph34r:

Which was another brilliant moment in the history of George Bush's leadership.

Card- Mr President, America is under attack.

Bush- Hold on Andy, I gotta see how this here kid's book ends.

The parade of retarded liberal talking points in this thread is fairly impressive. Are the 9/11 and Katrina whines are making a comeback? :ph34r:

The pointing out Bush's horrible responses to the 2 biggest disasters of his administration are "retarded liberal talking points"?

The pointing out Bush's horrible responses to the 2 biggest disasters of his administration are "retarded liberal talking points"?

No, misrepresenting what actually happened makes for two "retarded liberal talking points".

The Katrina thing ended quickly when confronted with actual facts on page 1 of the thread and the 9/11 storybook thing had no effect on the events of that day. Bush spending the next few minutes with those kids while the Secret Service got prepped for his departure wasn't the best response, but there was no response at that moment that would have changed anything that morning. It's just another shallow talking point for people like you to whine about.

No, misrepresenting what actually happened makes for two "retarded liberal talking points".

The Katrina thing ended quickly when confronted with actual facts on page 1 of the thread and the 9/11 storybook thing had no effect on the events of that day. Bush spending the next few minutes with those kids while the Secret Service got prepped for his departure wasn't the best response, but there was no response at that moment that would have changed anything that morning. It's just another shallow talking point for people like you to whine about.

Bush's stunned response to "Mr President, America is under attack" and the 2 days he spent on vacation while Katrina destroyed New Orleans tells you all you need to know about the man. I can't believe their are people who are still defending this guy!

Bush's stunned response to "Mr President, America is under attack" and the 2 days he spent on vacation while Katrina destroyed New Orleans tells you all you need to know about the man. I can't believe their are people who are still defending this guy!

No one's defending Bush, they're contradicting your idiotic rants. There's plenty of reasons to dislike his presidency without making sh-- up.

No one's defending Bush, they're contradicting your idiotic rants. There's plenty of reasons to dislike his presidency without making sh-- up.

Idiotics rants? Like your feeble attempt to explain why missile defense is such a good idea?

Idiotics rants? Like your feeble attempt to explain why missile defense is such a good idea?

I never even made any such attempt, because you wouldn't even begin to understand it. You can't even understand how it relates to Georgia, and we've actually been discussing it. :ph34r:

As idiotic as his rants are, I do envy him on some level. If I shaved off about half my IQ points, I wouldn't have to worry about how complex the world is and could just understand everything through bumper sticker logic.