Obama makes choice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, wow! C. Edwards was .5 yesterday and today is 9.0! I wonder if these pundits float these names out there to make people buy up their contracts? There's also talk of Montana governor Brian Schweitzer (sp?) being VP because of Obama's appearance schedule next week. Who knows.

An hour and a half later and he's up to 12.0!

From Drudge....

FLASH: Fri Aug 22 2008 17:52:03 ET /// KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reports a company in Kansas City, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material... MORE... Gill Studios, would not confirm information about the material. They would not deny it either. At least three sources close to the plant's operations reported the Obama-Bayh material was being produced...

With pic...

http://www.drudgereport.com/obys.jpg

From Drudge....

FLASH: Fri Aug 22 2008 17:52:03 ET /// KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reports a company in Kansas City, which specializes in political literature, has been printing Obama-Bayh material... MORE... Gill Studios, would not confirm information about the material. They would not deny it either. At least three sources close to the plant's operations reported the Obama-Bayh material was being produced...

With pic...

http://www.drudgereport.com/obys.jpg

Wow, Bayh was 15.0 an hour or 2 ago and now he's 40.0!

Per articles on Google news, Bayh and Kaine were both told they would not be picked. I believe they listed the highest likelihoods as Biden or Nancy Pelosi-endorsed Chet Edwards (can't say I've ever heard of him).

I've had a feeling for the last week or so that it would be Biden

But then I was talking to a friend of mine that's from Indiana and was talking up Bayh. Then I saw the bumper sticker rumor. But the more I think about that, I'm wondering if it's just a curveball for us political junkies

I still think Biden is the safest bet. He shores up Obama's foreign policy creds, whereas Bayh and Kaine are one state wonders to help in swing states (even then I'm not so sure Kaine helps lock up Virginia, and I say that as a resident of VA)

I've had a feeling for the last week or so that it would be Biden

But then I was talking to a friend of mine that's from Indiana and was talking up Bayh. Then I saw the bumper sticker rumor. But the more I think about that, I'm wondering if it's just a curveball for us political junkies

I still think Biden is the safest bet. He shores up Obama's foreign policy creds, whereas Bayh and Kaine are one state wonders to help in swing states (even then I'm not so sure Kaine helps lock up Virginia, and I say that as a resident of VA)

I just can't shake this sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it's The B word.

God, I hope not.

Hmmm...does anybody remember the plagiarism scandal that cost Biden a shot at the White House in September 1987?

Wikipedia entry.

I haven't heard a single word about this to date, so expect the McCain campaign to bring it up. I know it was 21 years ago, but I remember Johnny Carson making jokes about it...like Biden giving a speech closing with "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." :)