Obama makes choice

Obama has selected his running mate and it is said to be down to 5. Bayh, Biden, Kaine, Clinton and the governor of Kansas who is a woman and has a long name. Anyway, the article said the ladies were longshots.

Prediction 1: It will be Tom Tancredo. This will gain some Republican voters and make Obama look tougher.

Prediction 2: If prediction 1 is true he gets my vote and I am in a swing state.

I would have preferred Edwards/Tancredo or the reverse, but I'll take this.

P.S. I don't think McCain will take Edwards with all of this baby stuff going on which is bad timing for the McCain campaign.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark my words, it will be Clinton. This whole VP process for Obama reminds me of Parcells jerking us around with the first overall pick. Like he was ever really going to pick Vernon Gholston!!!!!

I think he picks Kaine (Va. is an important swing state) or Beeyotch (also an important swing state).

Biden is a solid choice but Delaware is not important and he comes with a little baggage. I don't think he'll pick Clinton.

Biden would be the perfect attack dog but at any moment he could say something completely retarded!

I think it will be Jesus. It makes a lot of sense. It's an opportunity for Jesus to be part of something really big, the whole inspirational Obama movement. And it provides Obama an opportunity to make inroads into the Republican evangelical base.

Unfortunately, I think the move will ultimately disappoint. When push comes to shove, evangelicals aren't actually all that keen on his teachings.

Clinton would be a huge win-win for Democrats, but Biden would be a very solid choice. I've always liked him, and he was my 2nd choice for the nomination after Clinton. I think picking Bayh would be a mistake in that his Indiana Senate seat would switch to a Republican appointed by a Republican governor. Leaving Kaine as Virginia governor to go along with their two Senate seats after Warner wins would be a solid group of leadership to help transition that state from Red to Purplish/Blue.

Not one person has mentioned Tancredo, other than in a nutshell it would be an interesting choice. I happen to like Biden and Richardson as VP choice.

Hey, we agree on something! :unsure:

I, too, think that they would be good choices.

How about a Tancredo-Richardson ticket, running as independents? Cover all your bases!

That reminds me of the joke "What is the only bumper sticker that makes 100% of people who see it angry? A bumper sticker that says 'I love n-words'".

I think it's Biden, shores up Obama's Foreign Policy, regardless if you like him or not.

You may be right, Biden's intrade has skyrocketed today.

https://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/common/...z=1219172629609

By the way isn't this (https://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/common/c_cd.jsp?conDetailID=607629&z=1219173012531) a free 600$? There's no way Obama could be the Democrat VP right?