FINALLY PETERS MIGHT REPORT

SAM HARRIS

ONCE HE REPORTS THEN IM SURE BUFFALO WILL WORK OUT A NEW CONTRACT...

Peters Getting Ready To Report? The Bills continue to have little or no contact officially with holdout tackle Jason Peters. WGR is reporting that Derrick Dockery has been communicating with Peters through text messages. Dockery said he thinks Peters will report soon.

<_<

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:unsure:

Just some clarification: The quote came from BillsDaily which got their report via WGR.

(From BillsDaily.com:)

LATEST BILLS NEWS

Tuesday August 19, 2008

Peters Getting Ready To Report? The Bills continue to have little or no contact officially with holdout tackle Jason Peters. WGR is reporting that Derrick Dockery has been communicating with Peters through text messages. Dockery said he thinks Peters will report soon.

The new contract part came from the poster of this Thread.

******************* Here's my take:

I ASSUME the Bills are going to be "professional" about this: When Peters reports, they will check him out physically, tell him he has to pay all the fines and to get to work. Meanwhile, they will contact his agent

to listen to their demands. The Bills will tell them that Jason is under contract and that they expect him to abide by it BUT that they will take the demands into consideration and, after Lee Evans is signed to an extension, Jason's case for a new contract will be explored. In other words, treat the player and agent with respect but make it clear that they are under no obligation to rip up the old contract and that they defienitely will not reward a holdout.

my 2 cents

Just some clarification: The quote came from BillsDaily which got their report via WGR.

LATEST BILLS NEWS

Tuesday August 19, 2008

I ASSUME the Bills are going to be "professional" about this: When Peters reports, they will check him out physically, tell him he has to pay all the fines and to get to work. Meanwhile, they will contact his agent

to listen to their demands. The Bills will tell them that Jason is under contract and that they expect him to abide by it BUT that they will take the demands into consideration and, after Lee Evans is signed to an extension, Jason's case for a new contract will be explored. In other words, treat the player and agent with respect but make it clear that they are under no obligation to rip up the old contract and that they defienitely will not reward a holdout.

my 2 cents

I think the fines will be waved as part of his new contract, which is why I don't think it really bothered him to sit out.

LATEST BILLS NEWS

Tuesday August 19, 2008

WGR... We Get it wRong

LATEST BILLS NEWS

Tuesday August 19, 2008

my 2 cents

I have a feeling the Bills know his demands , which is why he is not in camp.

WGR... We Get it wRong

Once a reputable source reports this I'll be a lot more convinced.

I would be SHOCKED if Peters pays one lousy, stinking buffalo nickel in fines...

They will take it out of his game checks.

Peters needs to fire his agent today. If Peters had shown up for the entire offseason programs he would have a new contract right now. Russ Brandon won't talk to Peters unless Peters wants to talk to him. Brandon will only discuss contracts with agents. When Peters agent called and If I was Bills President I would tell him I need to know that Jason has a commitment to winning before I can give him a new contract and at the end of the season we'll see about it. If Jason's agent became huffy and said how dare I question his commitment to winning my question would be, "What in this offseason would make me believe that?"

Peters needs to fire his agent today. If Peters had shown up for the entire offseason programs he would have a new contract right now. Russ Brandon won't talk to Peters unless Peters wants to talk to him. Brandon will only discuss contracts with agents. When Peters agent called and If I was Bills President I would tell him I need to know that Jason has a commitment to winning before I can give him a new contract and at the end of the season we'll see about it. If Jason's agent became huffy and said how dare I question his commitment to winning my question would be, "What in this offseason would make me believe that?"

How many times have you practiced this imaginary conversation?