Peters

I just can't see the logic in Peters and his agent staying silent throughout this holdout. Normally, the agent would be in front of TV cameras doing his best Jerry Maguire.

With 3 years still left on his deal the Bills aren't going to blink. He can't holdout because the years just roll over. He'll loose his salary and still be under contract for 3 more years,

Just a thought based on nothing more than pure speculation, but might there not be an ulterior motive behind the no-contact? Might Peters still be hurt from last season (didn't he have off-season surgery?) and taking the extra time to heal? (Or get a deal signed while the Bills are oblivious to the extent of his injuries.)

Or what if he feels he won't pass the drug tests and is trying to cleanse his system before reporting?

Again, just random speculation, but both scenarios make more sense than thinking its just about a new contract.

I'm siding the the Bills on this one. Peters needs to get his butt into camp then begin the re-negotiating process. I'm sure management will be more than fair at that point. They need to set an example so other players under contract don't pull off this same same crap. <_<

I agree. There is something fishy about this holdout. I can't believe there aren't some kind of talks going on. Just to throw my two cents out there I think the Bills need to step up. Sure you can't fold for every player that feels like he needs a raise but Peters is a special story. He far out played expectations last year. Peters should also extend a hand to the Bills. They took a chance on him and extended his contract once. The fact that this hasn't happened makes me think that there is something fishy in Orchard Park.

Peters needs to get into camp this week, or he will miss the start of the season. No way he reports in any kind of football shape. I might be willing to bet that he has ballooned up and is trying to lose some weight in order to pass a physical.

Was he in Buffalo as reported last week? Are he and the Bills talking at least?

The Team is getting back to OBD , if he doesn't report in the next few days .....then this holdout could be for real. If that is the case and I were the GM I might consider trade options, even if he is our best tackle.

No matter what gets said in the media , this is a slap in the face of the franchise, the fans, and the other members of this team who put it on the line everyday trying to make us better.

There is no secret about the Bills position or their willingness to reward good players ,they value, for good work.

Jason , do "yourself "a favor , get back to work.

You don't hide an injury with a holdout because they give you a physical when you report. So you can't get any extra $ this way.

I've seen this injury thing floated in posts before & I can't understand what part of he has to take a physical you people don't get.

He won't get paid squat before a physical, so what possible logic can you come up with to suggest he's hiding an injury. Because as of now he's not geting paid squat until he shows up. He gains nothing by hiding an injury unless it's career ending & he likes to see his name listed on NFL.com as an NFL player.

As I've said several times, you can pass a physical and not be the player you once were, a la Takeo Spikes. Sure sports hernias usually to heal completely and leave no lasting problems, but it's not guaranteed. I think the Bills are completely right to want to see the goods before they purchase them.

The problem (for me) is that I don't know what Peters is looking for in a new contract, and I don't know for sure if the Bills have said that even if Peters shows up, they won't give him a new contract this year. If Peters is asking for mad money, then I have no problem with the Bills taking their position and saying "next year." If it's the latter and Peters is looking for the average of the top-5 LT's, then I agree with Peters.

You can pass an NFL physical and still not be athletic enough to be a probowl LT. His injury could be more of the nagging type that may limit his ability to stop edge rushers.

The NFL should investigate Eugine Parker. I think he represents all of the players who have yet to report to camp for contract reasons.

Judging from his very extensive client list of top tier players, he appears to be regarded by good players as a premier agent. He also doesn't appear to be the sort of person who negotiates through the media, which is actually refreshing (as much as the Peters holdout is bothering me).

As I've said several times, you can pass a physical and not be the player you once were, a la Takeo Spikes. Sure sports hernias usually to heal completely and leave no lasting problems, but it's not guaranteed. I think the Bills are completely right to want to see the goods before they purchase them.

The problem (for me) is that I don't know what Peters is looking for in a new contract, and I don't know for sure if the Bills have said that even if Peters shows up, they won't give him a new contract this year. If Peters is asking for mad money, then I have no problem with the Bills taking their position and saying "next year." If it's the latter and Peters is looking for the average of the top-5 LT's, then I agree with Peters.

The average of the top five I think is mad money. It's probably near 9 million. Jake Long is 11. Pace is over 10. Ogden was about 8. Joe Thomas is over 8. Jones is over 7. There might be others I am not thinking of. The franchise number was 7.5 but that includes someone well below 7 instead of the 11 that Long signed for and Ogden had restructed his deal. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that Peters is asking for less than that, or even less than the top three, which is around 10 mil.

The average of the top five I think is mad money. It's probably near 9 million. Jake Long is 11. Pace is over 10. Ogden was about 8. Joe Thomas is over 8. Jones is over 7. There might be others I am not thinking of. The franchise number was 7.5 but that includes someone well below 7 instead of the 11 that Long signed for and Ogden had restructed his deal. There is no reason whatsoever to believe that Peters is asking for less than that, or even less than the top three, which is around 10 mil.

Another question is whether Peters and his agent are sticking firm to their demands, i.e. saying "pay us $10M a year or Peters isn't showing up."

You don't hide an injury with a holdout because they give you a physical when you report. So you can't get any extra $ this way.

I've seen this injury thing floated in posts before & I can't understand what part of he has to take a physical you people don't get.

He won't get paid squat before a physical, so what possible logic can you come up with to suggest he's hiding an injury. Because as of now he's not geting paid squat until he shows up. He gains nothing by hiding an injury unless it's career ending & he likes to see his name listed on NFL.com as an NFL player.

What part of you can pass a physical and still be damaged goods do you not understand? Like the diminished ability doesn't show til training camp or later. Passing a phyiscal is next thing to meaningless in this context.