NFL Network $#!+heads are running the Bills Game

Steely Dan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, everything you posted there was a Bills decision, not the NFL's. :rolleyes:

Rochester is in the 75 mile blackout radius for televised games. Is that an NFL rule or a Bills decision?

Is the NFL Network broadcast "locality" being a Buffalo station (Ch7) only an NFL rule or a Bills ecision?

I am not challenging what you say. I am just uninformed.

who needs a sling box when ya have Directv when will the cable subscribers get it?

Question: If I buy the offer for the DTV Premium package with NFL Network and NFL Sunday ticket (not the same?) for $75 for 4 months, and then it goes up to $105, would that get me NFL Network games in Rochester, NY?

Only the Premium package has the YES network that I watch all during the baseball season.

I do not watch enough television to justify that expense!

Question: If I buy the offer for the DTV Premium package with NFL Network and NFL Sunday ticket (not the same?) for $75 for 4 months, and then it goes up to $105, would that get me NFL Network games in Rochester, NY?

Only the Premium package has the YES network that I watch all during the baseball season.

Good question Rock. Don't know, but someone here will. I do know that NFLN games of the Deadskins are blocked out here, and shown only on the local channel. So instead of getting the Bills announcers for the second half of the game, I got Theesman and "MIKE PATRICK!!!!!" all night. Depends on whether the decision is the NFL's or local...

Rochester is in the 75 mile blackout radius for televised games. Is that an NFL rule or a Bills decision?

Is the NFL Network broadcast "locality" being a Buffalo station (Ch7) only an NFL rule or a Bills ecision?

I am not challenging what you say. I am just uninformed.

That I'm also not sure of, which is why I removed it from the quote. :rolleyes:

I believe that both are somehow involved (the Bills and NFL decide jointly somehow), but I'm not sure who has what authority, if one has the official say and the other doesn't, etc.

It was an NFL rule, but then in order to expand the blackout to Syracuse, the Bills found a farm between Rochester and Syracuse that was at the edge of the 75 miles that could pick up stations from Syracuse, and therefore the Bills pushed to include the whole Syracuse television market which extends east towards Utica, to influence more people to buy tickets.

It was an NFL rule, but then in order to expand the blackout to Syracuse, the Bills found a farm between Rochester and Syracuse that was at the edge of the 75 miles that could pick up stations from Syracuse, and therefore the Bills pushed to include the whole Syracuse television market which extends east towards Utica, to influence more people to buy tickets.

Actually it was more like 7 houses and one closed restaurant along one of the Finger Lakes that were part of Syracuse's TV market when the switch to CBS getting the AFC games occurred.

A year later, that sliver of land was redesignated as part of the Ra-cha-cha TV market, but somehow the Bills still got the Syracuse blackout to stand.

Question: If I buy the offer for the DTV Premium package with NFL Network and NFL Sunday ticket (not the same?) for $75 for 4 months, and then it goes up to $105, would that get me NFL Network games in Rochester, NY? Yes, NFL Network is a standard channel including with any DTV programming package, even the most basic. Cancel your premium channels after the promotion.

Only the Premium package has the YES network that I watch all during the baseball season. I believe YES is a standared Regional Sports Network (RSN) in Rochester and that will be also part of your standard package...no need to buy Sports Pack or premium channels. But check with DTV first.

I do not watch enough television to justify that expense! Get DirecTV, I've had it for 8 years...best consumer decision I ever made.

NFL Network is just a channel, same as ESPN, Lifetime, FoodTV, etc. Nothing special and it's included in every DirecTV package as far as I know.

Sunday Ticket is what gives you every NFL game (that's televised on FOX/CBS) during the entire regular season (NOT preseason).

Superfan is an add-on to Sunday Ticket and gives you all of the games in HD (where available), as well as some other cool things like "Short Cuts" (every game cut down to 30 minutes) and the ability to stream any game to your PC (useful if you're out of town).

Circuit City had a deal where if you bought a new TV ($500 or more) and got DirecTV, you'd get 4 months of programming AND NFL Sunday Ticket for free. Not sure if they're still doing that. A DirecTV rep told me that while I was looking at a TV. I said, "What if I already have DirecTV?" She said I wasn't eligable. :rolleyes:

What is trhe problem with watching games on YES Saturday's?? The weekend games are almost always blacked out here in philadelphia.

Is it a FOX thing?? Even if they are not broadcasting, do they have the right to own the game for the day??

What is trhe problem with watching games on YES Saturday's?? The weekend games are almost always blacked out here in philadelphia.

Is it a FOX thing?? Even if they are not broadcasting, do they have the right to own the game for the day??

In Rochester, with basic/extended cable, I get all the Yankees games live regardless of who broadcasts them or where they play.

I checked DTV website by locality and the Premium package was the only one that listed "YES".

Shocking news - I have no digital TVs.