What's the learning curve for rookie CB's?

JK2000

I know the standard rule is not to expect much out of a rookie WR until his 3rd year but what about CB's?How many rookies CB's have made an impact in the last ten years or so? What about in their second year? When did N.Asomugha (sp?) become such a good corner? Didn't Pacman suck as a corner his rookie year?

I know the standard rule is not to expect much out of a rookie WR until his 3rd year but what about CB's?How many rookies CB's have made an impact in the last ten years or so? What about in their second year? When did N.Asomugha (sp?) become such a good corner? Didn't Pacman suck as a corner his rookie year?

Bill Parcells once said that you are going to lose 1 game for every rookie you start at any position.

I believe this, and think that it probably takes a year, generally speaking.

Bill Parcells once said that you are going to lose 1 game for every rookie you start at any position.

What if I start 22 rookies? I can't lose 22 games!

does this count for rookie OL as well?

This from Peter King is because of his return ability, but...

Ten Things I Think I Think

1. I think these are my quick-hit thoughts of preseason Week 2:

a. Just a hunch, but when Sean Payton saw the highlight on TV Thursday night of Leodis McKelvin of the Bills returning a kickoff 95 yards for a touchdown against Pittsburgh, I bet he had second thoughts about passing on McKelvin (the Saints loved him) and taking Sedrick Ellis in the first round last April.

King lingk

Also the #1 Can't miss play on NFL.com

Can't miss McCorner link