Good Read about Coughlin and the Giants

mary owen

only 6 weeks in, i know, but you gotta admit, his team looks NOTHING like they did last year. Our team looks pretty much the same. I'm still supporting Mularky, but I was one of the few on this board looking for Ralph to send everything he possibly could to obtain Coughlin.

on discipline, mistakes:

''Things have gone well for us, and I think a lot of that credit belongs to Tom, the way he's been coaching us and directing us towards not making mistakes and playing smart football,'' running back Tiki Barber says. ''So we're winning.''

on the camp violations:

''People sensationalized that story,'' says Strahan, one of four fined Giants who filed grievances with the union. ''Guys have done everything he has asked us to do, and we have seen that it works. Like with any coaching staff, it's not 100%, but things are good right now.''

http://www.nflplayers.com/news/news_release.aspx?id=2877

i know it's early, but I'd much rather be 4-1 than 1-4.

mularkey has been doing all the same things, our players just haven't responded as quickly. mike's going to prove himself, it's just going to take some time. no coach was great immediately. not parcells, not belichick, no gibbs, not jimmy johnson.

we really do need to be a little patient. good things are coming.