The "value" of a college degree

So yes, we need to change; but, we we should continue to teach the "skills" that are permanent, not some bull sh-- that you memorize to pass some bull sh-- test. And majors like history, english, philosophy, etc. teach these skills. How many CEOs do you think got thier undergraduate degree in business?

Back to this point. I am sure there are plenty of CEOs who are liberal arts majors. Do you think they attribute their success in business to the fact that they read Kierkegaard? I have seen little evidence that this "critical thinking" that is absent from many high school graduates requires 4 years in college to teach, or, if indeed colleges are even really able to pass that skill (if it can be defined) on. Dumb people at age 18 often stay that way. The number of years of education is not directly correlated to intelligence.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I work...The degree is important...I have a masters and I got hired on at atleast $10K over my buddy who got hired with a bachelors. The guys with a MBA make mad cash and climb the ladder alot faster than us with a technical degree.