How great is this scene from Fargo

Cugalabanza

Mr. Mohra: So, I'm tendin' bar there at Ecklund and Swedlin's last Tuesday and this little guy's drinkin' and he says, "So where can a guy find some action? I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake." And I says, "What kinda action?" and he says, "Woman action, what do I look like?" And I says, "Well, what do I look like, I don't arrange that kinda thing," and he says, "I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake," and I says, "Well, this ain't that kinda place."

Officer Olson: Uh-huh.

Mr. Mohra: So he says, "So I get it, so you think I'm some kinda jerk for askin'," only he doesn't use the word jerk.

Officer Olson: I understand.

Mr. Mohra: And then he calls me a jerk and says the last guy who thought he was a jerk was dead now. So I don't say nothin' and he says, "What do ya think about that?" So I says, "Well, that don't sound like too good a deal for him then."

Officer Olson: Ya got that right.

Mr. Mohra: And he says, "Yah, that guy's dead and I don't mean of old age." And then he says, "Geez, I'm goin' crazy out there at the lake."

Officer Olson: White Bear Lake?

Mr. Mohra: Well, Ecklund & Swedlin's, that's closer ta Moose Lake, so I made that assumption.

Officer Olson: Oh sure.

Mr. Mohra: So, ya know, he's drinkin', so I don't think a whole great deal of it, but Mrs. Mohra heard about the homicides down here and she thought I should call it in, so I called it in. End o' story.

Officer Olson: What'd this guy look like anyway?

Mr. Mohra: Oh, he was a little guy. Kinda funny lookin'.

Officer Olson: Uh-huh. In what way?

Mr. Mohra: Oh, just in a general kinda way.

Speaking of Fargo, I saw a commercial for a movie with the woman that played the police chief from Fargo.

Looks like a good movie. She's in it along with 2 of my favorite actors, John Malkovich and Brad Pitt (and before anybody responds with a smartass gay comment about me liking Brad Pitt, IMO the dude's acting skills are so much better than just about anybody in Hollywood, same with Malkovich)

Fargo scores very high on the "unintentional comedy scale" for me. My wife hates the movie, but everytime I run across it on TV, I have to watch it. When they show it on network tv, they change the "f-bomb" to "fruitful" or "fruit" and it just kills me.

"total fruitful silence."

Fargo scores very high on the "unintentional comedy scale" for me. My wife hates the movie, but everytime I run across it on TV, I have to watch it. When they show it on network tv, they change the "f-bomb" to "fruitful" or "fruit" and it just kills me.

"total fruitful silence."

Kinda like when Scarface is on network TV.

Fu-rget you man! Fu-rget you!

Love that movie as most Coen bros efforts. They have a new one coming out next month with the girl cop from Fargo and a killer cast.

Burn After Reading :worthy:

I mentioned it (but not by name) earlier in the thread.

Frances McDormand with John Malkovich, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney. Looks like a killer ensemble :P

Malkovich and Pitt are 2 of the best actors in the business. Clooney (as much as I hate that smug SoB off camera) is also an excellent actor

Burn After Reading :thumbsup:

Frances McDormand with John Malkovich, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney. Looks like a killer ensemble :wallbash:

Malkovich and Pitt are 2 of the best actors in the business. Clooney (as much as I hate that smug SoB off camera) is also an excellent actor

Brad Pitt is a guy we like to hate for obvious reasons. But,imho, he is one of the premiere actors of the last 10 years or so. Not because of box office appeal but for the diverse parts he chooses and how he handles them. Kalifornia is Oscar worthy for Pitt. Not a big movie though. Snatch was another great part for him. He also shined in a supporting roll in True Romance. His pretty boy appeal belies his acting talent. Can't wait for him in this new Coen brs flick

Brad Pitt is a guy we like to hate for obvious reasons. But,imho, he is one of the premiere actors of the last 10 years or so. Not because of box office appeal but for the diverse parts he chooses and how he handles them. Kalifornia is Oscar worthy for Pitt. Not a big movie though. Snatch was another great part for him. He also shined in a supporting roll in True Romance. His pretty boy appeal belies his acting talent. Can't wait for him in this new Coen brs flick

I saw a preview and it's worth it just to see Brad Pitt punched in the face! :thumbsup:

Burn After Reading :thumbsup:

Frances McDormand with John Malkovich, Brad Pitt, and George Clooney. Looks like a killer ensemble :lol:

I remember a movie called "Object Of Beauty" in which he co starred with Andie McDowell and they both played the perfect people living beyond their means. Fuggin Andie McDowell is so hot in that movie :wallbash:

I saw a preview and it's worth it just to see Brad Pitt punched in the face! :thumbsup:

We all want to see Pitt punched just cause he's doing that hot piece. BUT that piece also looks like a bit of a pain in the ass

Speaking of Fargo, I saw a commercial for a movie with the woman that played the police chief from Fargo.

Looks like a good movie. She's in it along with 2 of my favorite actors, John Malkovich and Brad Pitt (and before anybody responds with a smartass gay comment about me liking Brad Pitt, IMO the dude's acting skills are so much better than just about anybody in Hollywood, same with Malkovich)

:thumbsup: