Turk's Offense scheme........

I liked the plays, but obviously, execution is the key regardless of the play call.

Tasker mentioned it, that Edwards' arm strength was on display on the 15-yard out patterns and the 20-yard curl routes. He had a lot of zip on the ball, they were on a line, and they were accurate.

Trent would certainly lag behind Losman in a pure "arm strength" contest, or throwing the 65-yard bomb. But he showed he had plenty of jump in his arm on those crucial middle-long throws.

You must be mistaken. Tasker does not say positive things about the Bills and knows nothing about football. :thumbsup:

Hey, I liked our offensive success as much as anyone, but lets remember- this isn't Bill Cowher's Steelers. They are an offense-first team now and their defense, while OK, isn't all that intimidating anymore

I watched the Stillers beat the crap out of Philly in last weeks preseason game. They blitzed almost every play. The Stillers are a playoff team.

I watched the Stillers beat the crap out of Philly in last weeks preseason game. They blitzed almost every play. The Stillers are a playoff team.

I am not so sure about that- Philly probably isn't a playoff team either. The AFC is just so loaded with New England, Indy, and San Diego on top, and Cleveland, Jacksonville and possibly Houston close behind. I put Houston ahead of Pittsburgh- better defense and better backup QB. If Rothlisberger goes down, pukesburgh is shot. Sage Rosenfels is one of the best backups in the league

Hey, I liked our offensive success as much as anyone, but lets remember- this isn't Bill Cowher's Steelers. They are an offense-first team now and their defense, while OK, isn't all that intimidating anymore

Weren't the Steelers #1 in the league in overall defense last year? Sorry, too lazy to verify but I thought they were...

So if we don't do well, we suck. If we do well, the opponent sucks?

So if we don't do well, we suck. If we do well, the opponent sucks?

That pretty much sums it up. Last week most were complaining TE's didn't have a TD pass, this week they are complaining that he locked into Royal too long on the TD pass. You just can't win here...

That pretty much sums it up. Last week most were complaining TE's didn't have a TD pass, this week they are complaining that he locked into Royal too long on the TD pass. You just can't win here...

As many people here know, I also follow the Browns, so I end up seeing a lot of steeler games (unfortunately). I am not saying that I didn't enjoy our offensive success- I actually really did. What I am saying is to take it for what it is worth. I was thrilled with our defensive success more than offensive- that is quite an offensive unit that Pittsburgh has- with a blue chip QB, great WRs/TEs and some really good RBs. Blocking isn't what it was in their days with Cowher, but it is a very good offensive unit.

I loved the play calling. I liked seeing the 15 to 20 yard passes down field instead of the 2 yard passes to a guy covered like a blanket like last year. Much more wide open than we've seen in a long time. I liked the pass to the RB in the flat. Throwing a few passes to Lynch. Good stuff. After Trent left the offense looked like college or high school team.

I am not so sure about that- Philly probably isn't a playoff team either. The AFC is just so loaded with New England, Indy, and San Diego on top, and Cleveland, Jacksonville and possibly Houston close behind. I put Houston ahead of Pittsburgh- better defense and better backup QB. If Rothlisberger goes down, pukesburgh is shot. Sage Rosenfels is one of the best backups in the league

Assuming, for now, that Cincinatti and Baltimore are out of the conversation, Pittsburgh only has to beat out one team to make the playoffs: Cleveland. None of those other teams matter.